Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 13807 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #315 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:07:46 »

What has frustrated me this season is the passing at snails pace. If we are playing with 10 men, lets move that ball a bit quicker. Sideways/backwards is fine but lets have a bit of urgency.
You obviously didnt see us under Lindsey last season against 10 men, especially so vs Gills, you could have got a artist to sketch our attacks in real time, Saturday was way way better than last season, although nowhere near the level needed still.

We should have killed them off when it was 2-1 and Austin played such a poor pass to Kemp when he could have cut back and had a shot himself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:12:31 »

What has frustrated me this season is the passing at snails pace. If we are playing with 10 men, lets move that ball a bit quicker. Sideways/backwards is fine but lets have a bit of urgency.

This is to lure teams out. It's a common tactic to pass it slow side to side at the back and then explode when the space opens up (Kemp in space is brilliant for this). All the top sides adopt it, probably Man City and Arsenal the best examples in England at the moment.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:59:06 »

Thing is, there is slow and there is sloooowww.

As I noted in my comments yesterday, there were times into the latter quarter on Saturday that things ground to a halt so much I thought the ref had blown up for something and I missed it. Morecambe were noticeably just saying fuck it, let them piss around in their own half and not even bothering chasing it down, so it wasn't drawing anyone anywhere, just letting Morecambe rest and get set up.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 25, 2023, 10:01:58 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: