Pages: 1 ... 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578803 times)
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #14190 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 17:28:22 »

I’m sure he forgets he lives in the southern hemisphere and is reading the league table upside down🤣

You just gotta keep livin man!
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #14191 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 17:35:07 »

Hopefully this is Clems last season

Scary how far backwards we’ve gone in the last 2 seasons

He isn’t the man to get us back to league one and keep us there no way

Unless he does. Honestly sometimes it’s better the devil you know.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14192 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 17:39:18 »

Better the devil you know? Last season was the lowest point ever. This season doesn't look any better to date. Along with everything else that has gone on at the club,  that I'm sure doesn't need repeating, I'd say it's time to move on.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14193 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 18:24:38 »

It’s still a valid point to an extent.
There is the possibility our next owner might be worse.

I mean we only have to look at our last change of ownership from Power to Clem to realise things could actually get worse…we look back at Powers reign as the glory days now!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14194 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 18:26:32 »

Football is, as one man once said, a funny old game.  It's true, a team can have a very lucky season where everything just works out, even when it probably shouldn't.  Generally speaking, clubs with fucked up infrastructure (not just the concrete stuff, but the systems in place for the footballing side as well) tend to return to their norm pretty quickly though.  Power managed to cobble together a gambled squad that got us back up from this Division, but it was built on quicksand, so we crumbled almost immediately.  Clem has managed a period of almost terminal decline - the place is literally falling apart, so even the concrete infrastructure is now rotting.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in place to support a succcessful club right now:

We continue to rent a public level training facility
We continue to borrow a college field for our "Academy" and have invested nothing into developing the Academy
We have a ground that requires some serious work just to bring it back to standard, with a club shop that now looks every bit the jumble sale the internal processes have often suggested it was
All the evidence suggests we do not have a budget within the top 3-7 clubs in the Division (even the available financial info suggests we spend a much lower % of total Revenue than the top clubs).
We are running up against a deadline on plans for development of the ground after being gifted the freehold.  Granted, that deadline is probably a bit toothless as the Council are unlikely to spend money getting it back, but it's utter incompetence to even get to that point with just a botched Gravel Pit and Shrubbery artists impression as all we can muster
We continue to support an offshore venture that has no value to the club whatsoever
We have done nothing with our other offshore venture since sending Gav to Aus for a week a year ago

I mean, nothing suggests a planned approach to success.  It all looks and smells like a business being kept alive on life support for some reason (or many reasons I imagine).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14195 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 18:32:24 »

It’s still a valid point to an extent.
There is the possibility our next owner might be worse.

I mean we only have to look at our last change of ownership from Power to Clem to realise things could actually get worse…we look back at Powers reign as the glory days now!

Powers reign and this one are one and the same, when it comes to running the business.  There are two key differences to me - Power didn't see the value in being chummy with the fans and it cost him, Clem knew he could buy some free goodwill and probably was shocked at how much he got in return.  The other difference is Power knew football and knew people in football, as such he was occasionally able to assemble decent looking teams on a shoestring budget while personally profiting.  Clem knows fuck all about football and has been show to rely on any daft Clairvoyant who pokes their nose into our club.  As such, he's managed to get enough income to keep the wolves at bay for longer than Power could, operationally, but has fucked the football side.  There is barely an asset left worth selling - Power at least knew a prospect and how to cash in on them (not that it helped us much in the long run).
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14196 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 18:56:12 »

I find this pretty astonishing. Just keep on ignoring those facts. We are 91st in the football pyramid.  

The post above is bang on. We have a chairman who knows nothing about football. He also has no integrity and lives on the other side of the world, and in football terms, is skint. What is there to like?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 2, 2024, 19:00:52 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14197 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 19:34:37 »

The post above is bang on. We have a chairman who knows nothing about football. He also has no integrity and lives on the other side of the world, and in football terms, is skint. What is there to like?

I think he's probably still better than Jed? Power is probably arguable, depends if you'd rather have malicious competence or well meaning (relatively) ignorance.

We've had quite the rogues gallery since Andrew Black sold up.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #14198 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 19:38:49 »

I wonder what Power is up to these days and does he have any money😁

You just gotta keep livin man!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14199 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 20:22:43 »

I wonder what Power is up to these days and does he have any money😁
He's holding the Merc hostage
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14200 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 20:51:49 »

He's holding the Merc hostage

No, he’s sold it like he did with the mower
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #14201 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 21:52:09 »

The only good thing to know is...
Morfuni will lose more financially than swindon supporters as individuals.
Sad but true as swindon will lose its football club with its long history.
Just hope not one single penny left by the Nigel Eddy trust goes into the hands of these chancers in the future.

« Last Edit: Monday, September 2, 2024, 21:56:01 by Robinz » Logged
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14202 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 00:28:07 »

I know I've posted this before, but 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/24153585.controversial-lapland-new-forest-event-2008/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 00:32:52 by 4D » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14203 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 07:00:41 »

That is what i imagine the fanzone will end up being like
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14204 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 08:00:58 »

The legends lounge is being used to host the fans forum, does this put to bed the 'can't do events' rumour.

Or is this so limited in size that capacity isn't an issue...
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: