Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578785 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14205 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 09:00:48 »

The legends lounge is being used to host the fans forum, does this put to bed the 'can't do events' rumour.

Or is this so limited in size that capacity isn't an issue...

I’m assuming that the benches are positioned so that it can still be used, or they can be unscrewed & moved.

The other tables looked like they were moveable anyway
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14206 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 12:02:44 »

I assume though that we set the original budget knowing this!

Probably clueless to it. Hardly their ears to the ground this lot.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14207 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 12:04:52 »

It’s still a valid point to an extent.
There is the possibility our next owner might be worse.

I mean we only have to look at our last change of ownership from Power to Clem to realise things could actually get worse…we look back at Powers reign as the glory days now!

Only way I really see that being the case is if we're stuck in the same myriad of wankers with links to the same unorganised crime mob. Unfortunately if that happens then its probable. 
Jericho

Ignore
« Reply #14208 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 12:32:22 »

Filled out the form to submit questions for the Fans Forum, and just look who so generously offered to sort out the forms...
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14209 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 12:41:50 »

Football is, as one man once said, a funny old game.  It's true, a team can have a very lucky season where everything just works out, even when it probably shouldn't.  Generally speaking, clubs with fucked up infrastructure (not just the concrete stuff, but the systems in place for the footballing side as well) tend to return to their norm pretty quickly though.  Power managed to cobble together a gambled squad that got us back up from this Division, but it was built on quicksand, so we crumbled almost immediately.  Clem has managed a period of almost terminal decline - the place is literally falling apart, so even the concrete infrastructure is now rotting.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in place to support a succcessful club right now:

We continue to rent a public level training facility
We continue to borrow a college field for our "Academy" and have invested nothing into developing the Academy
We have a ground that requires some serious work just to bring it back to standard, with a club shop that now looks every bit the jumble sale the internal processes have often suggested it was
All the evidence suggests we do not have a budget within the top 3-7 clubs in the Division (even the available financial info suggests we spend a much lower % of total Revenue than the top clubs).
We are running up against a deadline on plans for development of the ground after being gifted the freehold.  Granted, that deadline is probably a bit toothless as the Council are unlikely to spend money getting it back, but it's utter incompetence to even get to that point with just a botched Gravel Pit and Shrubbery artists impression as all we can muster
We continue to support an offshore venture that has no value to the club whatsoever
We have done nothing with our other offshore venture since sending Gav to Aus for a week a year ago

I mean, nothing suggests a planned approach to success.  It all looks and smells like a business being kept alive on life support for some reason (or many reasons I imagine).

Yes
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #14210 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 13:47:40 »

Understand Lord Clem will be doing some press tomorrow...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14211 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 21:14:31 »

I must have missed this, is it correct that the fans forum isn’t being streamed or covered this time?
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #14212 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 21:22:00 »

I must have missed this, is it correct that the fans forum isn’t being streamed or covered this time?

No live stream. OSC said it was being recorded to upload after - probably after James Spencer edits out any uncomfortable bits
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14213 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2024, 22:05:56 »

Understand Lord Clem will be doing some press tomorrow...

He seriously needs to just fuck off. No doubt in my mind we are heading out of the league under his tenure.

If we don’t force him to sell then we have to accept the national league and no way would we go back up again
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14214 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 05:12:33 »

Clem is going to struggle to be able to explain what he's doing to take the football club forward. We've more or less gone backwards under his tenure, and he's made no apparent steps to turn that around.

I'm sure he's going to use the 'upped the budget' card and probably some waffle about the youth/women's team and the switch from Puma to Adidas, but I'm concerned about where we are going as a football club. Off and on the pitch there just doesn't seem any plans in place at all.

Last fans forum there was a lot of angry fans, it will be interesting to see the mood this time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 05:43:57 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14215 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 05:21:31 »

Clem is going to struggle to be able to explain what he's doing to take the football club forward. We've more or less gone backwards under his tenure, and he's made no apparent steps to turn that around.

I'm sure he's going to use the 'upped the budget' card tonight and probably some waffle about the youth/women's team and the switch from Puma to Adidas, but I'm concerned about where we are going as a football club. Off and on the pitch there just doesn't seem any plans in place at all.

Last fans forum there was a lot of angry fans, it will be interesting to see the mood this time.

“Look….transparency….sustainability…. something, statue, something else, women’s team and youth… get aggro, Zav’s really important, Gav’s amazing…..look.”
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 05:25:23 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14216 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 06:12:34 »

Just looked back at Kennedy's managerial stats.

Macclesfield P12 W1 D3 L8 win rate 8.3%  Huh?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #14217 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 06:35:01 »

Just looked back at Kennedy's managerial stats.

Macclesfield P12 W1 D3 L8 win rate 8.3%  Huh?

I think Macclesfield was a bit of a shit show around that time to be fair.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14218 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 07:40:21 »

I think Macclesfield was a bit of a shit show around that time to be fair.

But we're not?  Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14219 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 08:02:29 »

Controversial opinion but I'd be all for scrapping the women's team if it meant the men's set up moving forward.Womens team can wait til we're in a better situation in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: