Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30406 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:45:29 »

Corner to Town
Great block by Kojack
Says it all
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:46:53 »

Corner to Town
Great block by Kovac
Says it all

Yeah that we were chasing the game with 5 minutes to go....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #482 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:46:59 »

After last season, I'd almost forgotten one of things I hate most about losing is the parade of doomsters, no-lifers and told-you-so merchants that emerge from the woodwork.
Doh
I agree, time to come off the TEF and sleep on the result.

I am not overly worried by that but it shows we need a left back, a centre half (or 2) and Jonny Smith has to start. Impressed in the main by the keeper and Grant was excellent. Payne looks a handful. Hopefully Pitman will get passed the ball in the next game so he can show us what he is all about.

Its difficult for a defender like Odimayo, hes not going to be good enough to cope with strikers of the calibre of Bonne and Aneke at such a youthful point in his career.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:48:46 »

After last season, I'd almost forgotten one of things I hate most about losing is the parade of doomsters, no-lifers and told-you-so merchants that emerge from the woodwork.
Doh

I'd forgotten too. No wonder a lot of sensible people don't post any more.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:49:49 »

I am not overly worried by that but it shows we need a left back, a centre half (or 2) and Jonny Smith has to start. Impressed in the main by the keeper and Grant was excellent. Payne looks a handful. Hopefully Pitman will get passed the ball in the next game so he can show us what he is all about.

Its difficult for a defender like Odimayo, hes not going to be good enough to cope with strikers of the calibre of Bonne and Aneke at such a youthful point in his career.
I think we are shit at corners Do you agree ?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:49:56 »

Doh

Yep. It had been around 6 months of almost bliss. I'm aware that I may fall into your categories but I'm also aware of the ones who like to sit on the fence then tell us how perfect they were for not giving an opinion before the match. As well as the usuals that appear like StefTroll.

Except last season they were minimised due to the fact we were winning. Hopefully that latter comment will help stem the hemorrhage of the "hindsight" and "troll" brigade.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:52:56 »

Other than the one Iandolo should have scored from?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:53:44 »

You've mentioned this - a few times actually. Almost to the exclusion of everything else. Did you watch the game?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
normy

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:54:10 »

Lots of good things about our performance today. Once the defence is sorted out to not give away rubbish goals, we'll be OK.

ust be the oldest
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:54:28 »

Catch you later PV. As usual, good text comms by yourself, which those who needed it I am sure appreciate.

Not overly worried either, there is plenty to take from this and plenty of positives. Don't think Odimayo is the answer at CB but limited on options there today.

Agree, hopefully get to see some more of Pitman next week. We won't be a walkover and RW will ensure he gets it right.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:56:18 »

Pretty simple to know where the problem lies - much the same as last season, tbh, but the quality of the opposition highlights it even more. 2 hopeful balls into the area = 2 goals.

Build up play very good, bit toothless up front, overplaying at the back got us caught out a few times but that’s the price to pay for how Wellens wants to play.

DJ and Doughty both off the pace, young Odimayo was exposed a few times - bit like REG in his first few games.

Not unduly bothered.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:56:43 »

We certainly didn’t do ourselves any favours with our defending but we do have Baudry, Conroy and Broadbent to come back in at centre half and likely DD at left back too.

I imagine most L1 clubs would look a bit porous in defence with their three first choice centre backs out (or 3 of 4 if  we are classing Fryers as a CB)

I can’t imagine we will see that combination of back 4 play together much this seasons, if again at all...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:57:05 »

soapy tit wank you make me laugh Bamboo. Calling me a troll. You only need to read through your last few posts on this forum to see who the real troll is. You thrive on having arguments with other members on this forum. I feel sorry for you as this forum is probably a big part of your life and you enjoy winding up and having arguments with other forum posters.

Overall the better team won today but it’s to early in the season to judge the team. I think we will look different with Pitman upfront. Defending wasn’t great and we will face better attaching units this season. As long as we avoid relegation it will be a good season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 15:57:55 »

Other than the one Iandolo should have scored from?

Why do you hate Twine and Iandolo?

Did you get bombed out the youth team whilst they got pro deals or something?
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:03:21 »

Watched on iFollow - camera on wrong side for Arkells Stand ST holders , but hopefully we’ll all be back in the ground soon.

A mixed bag today - some encouraging play going forward and some shocking defending.
Apart from  the 3rd goal, Kovar looks a good keeper. I though Rob Hunt played well, and Jonny Smith brought some goal threat when he came on and took his goal well. Lyden injury was worrying- from his reaction as he went off we won’t see him for a few weeks.
We don’t work the keeper enough - lots of possession breaks down around the box, and lack of height makes set pieces a challenge at both ends of the pitch.
Charlton were a cut above anything we played last season, but of course they were 2 leagues above us, so not that surprising.

Too early to predict where we will finish - a lot depends on what we and other teams do in the rest of the transfer window. No need to panic at this stage.
Whilst losing in the League Cup round 1 again is disappointing, and not much help financially, it may give us a bit of a breather in the compressed schedule we have this season - a few Tuesdays off.
I’m not bothering to watch the EFL Trophy on Tuesday - hopefully no injuries to affect next Saturday.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: