Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29028 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 08:23:06 »

The iFollow experience worked well yesterday.
Had the away comms on hoping for a couple of nutters but they seemed quite affable and fair.

Good to see a keeper prepared to use the throw as part of distribution.
Did well with the one on one situation, just like his predecessor.

Hope that DJ and Doughty will be a bit closer to optimum operating temperatures on Saturday.

The pot bellied ref managed to keep up with play quite well.
Too many free kicks though.

I read into RW’s comments that Woolery would be staying.
Could be wrong. We’ll find out tomorrow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 08:26:28 »

Now we’re up a level we have to decide if we will win more points by playing the ball out of defence with predominantly atypical CBs then we will give away by the inevitable ‘caught in possession/out of position’ situations.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 08:35:13 »

Audrey is Caractacus Potts  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #513 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:13:06 »

Good text commentary Pete god knows how you were able to watch & type at the same time as well as reacting to comments and without any spelling mistakes😁 You come across as a journalist!!
All done on the same PC as I was watching on too Smiley spelling is always a problem when you type quickly.

I only do it (much to the disdain and chagrin of several posters) because for so long I listened on the radio only and you often had/have no idea where the ball is on the pitch, who has scored and sometimes even which team has scored!

I just summurize a few highlights that seem important at the time they happen, sometimes with my own views which again upset some posters like Stefpol/redbuck/newmarket/Mother Brown etc

Also when you are listening they often chat about the colour of players boots or new hairstyles etc and don't actually tell you who is playing well and who is not, which team is to the fore and which defending, where on the pitch free kicks are etc etc

If there is still a need this season then I will carry on, if not then I will cease, as RWB said he wanted it then I am happy to do that.

And yes I have studied journalism many years ago and have had several reports printed in the Adver and down here in Somerset in the past but thats certainly not a path I would ever choose so happy to be a layman reporter.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:16:30 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:15:31 »

All done on the same PC too Smiley spelling is always a problem when you type quickly.

I only do it (much to the disdain and chagrin of several posters) because for so long I listened on the radio only and you often had/have no idea where the ball is on the pitch, who has scored and sometimes even which team has scored!

I just summurize a few highlights that seem important at the time they happen, sometimes with my own views which again upset some posters like Stefpol/redbuck/newmarket/Mother Brown etc

Also when you are listening they often chat about the colour of players boots or new hairstyles etc and don't actually tell you who is playing well and who is not, which team is to the fore and which defending, where on the pitch free kicks are etc etc

If there is still a need this season then I will carry on, if not then I will cease, as RWB said he wanted it then I am happy to do that.

And yes I have studied journalism many years ago and have had several reports printed in the Adver and down here in Somerset in the past but thats certainly not a path I would ever choose so happy to be a layman reporter.

Great stuff Pete and thoroughly enjoyable and look forward to more

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:33:52 »

Audrey is Caractacus Potts  Smiley
Don’t take on so!

* C0F96C18-49B8-44DB-8BFA-C220CB19666A.jpeg (14.57 KB, 108x144 - viewed 360 times.)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #516 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:36:46 »

Don’t take on so!

Is it more cactus pots? Cheesy

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:46:53 »

Is it more cactus pots? Cheesy

Bit of a prick there. But not quite as big as here

* A682B5D1-9D1C-48CD-AAD3-1DEA674A45DF.jpeg (13.32 KB, 216x144 - viewed 60 times.)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:53:11 »

PV, I was really grateful and hope you will feel up to continuing!! Those of us outside Wiltshire cannot even access the radio, the BBC live site is rubbish, and your summaries are so much better and more timely than the Adver site. Thank you.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:56:57 »

PV, I was really grateful and hope you will feel up to continuing!! Those of us outside Wiltshire cannot even access the radio, the BBC live site is rubbish, and your summaries are so much better and more timely than the Adver site. Thank you.

And Pete's updates are super quick

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #520 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 09:58:54 »

You are very welcome, living in deepest darkest Somerset myself I know how it feels.

My updates will continue as long as there is a couple of people who would like them Smiley

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:09:28 »

Perhaps there could be a separate commentary thread so that those who are not interested/violently object can 'opt out'.

Nothing to see here
REDBUCK

« Reply #522 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:13:17 »

So seeing as you referenced me directly i'll exercise my right to reply :-)

Firstly you are entitled to do as you wish and i agree that the radio commentary does indeed ramble  off topic. It's highlighted more when they link it to the Ifollow stream as the supporter can see for themselves although it must be difficult because presumably there are both radio and streaming viewers tuned in.

Your updates don't upset me as you suggest i just point out, generally after the home games I've attended, where your opinion which you offer up is obviously wrong in order to give a balance.

IMHO Iandolo gets all his negative actions highlighted whereas you often skip over or give less coverage to other players.

I've often found Journalists can be biased and one sided.

Sorry if you find the responses not to your liking

Peter Venkman

« Reply #523 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:14:40 »

Perhaps there could be a separate commentary thread so that those who are not interested/violently object can 'opt out'.
Or they can just ignore it? like I do with threads I don't agree with or like.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:15:42 »

Or they can just ignore it? like I do with threads I don't agree with or like.

Yes, just a practical suggestion ...

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: