Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bet Victors L1 preview  (Read 6410 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:33:58 »

That translates as “I haven’t got a fucking clue!”
Its the Reg way you will get used to it in time.

There are still a couple of imponderables to settle before we should start to think about how the PO's might shape, as we're the only side that know we'll finish.

Losing at ColU on Tuesday, will give them an excellent chance of avoiding the drop, if they can get something off Preston on Sunday, Franchise have Yeovil at home.

Chesterfield at Bramall Lane on Sunday.....ideally we'd like Chesterfield to win and Franchise to take the auto, which could mean us v Chesterfield and Blades v Preston.

Firstly... I think Wellens gets this as a free shot, although we do have more of an answer to some of the imponderables which made it difficult to get a feel for today.

But one thing is clear we need to dust down the   

Of the imponderables.... firstly the injuries seem genuine, those that had them down as tactical look to be wrong. Secondly, the players look to have reacted badly to Wellens/Hunt..... hardly surprising after what he said about approach, which is completely at odds with the requirements of a relegation battle.  Thirdly, Sheridan would know this and so just set up for a basic Div 4 style, to be competent and that should be enough. Fourthly...the whole week seems to have fucked the players heads.

Notts v Numb, a draw would have been handy, but Notts are now well in the shit. 

Certainly this would be the most damaging performance for a new manager in our history...

Imponderables, which are more my thing, aren't quite the same as variables. Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how thye'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances.  In the Carlisle case the imponderables caused an unusual scoreline.

We know much more about how this one looks, so a win would be a surprise. The interesting imnponderable is this is Wellens, only second away game, could the style of play he's trying to inculcate actually work and be effective at Blundell Park when so many other decent Town sides have tried and failed?

I've really no idea what you're on about.... but will try and pick a way through. Rob made the point about Power getting concerned about the declining league position, causing him "to stem the bleeding" I suggested that Wellens could be his answer to that.

If the second line refers to Saturday.... I said too many imponderables to make a call then listed a few. I had no idea.... having no idea why would I then want to say we'll do this or that?  Makes no sense.

I'm fairly confident I said that Wellens got Sat and PV as free shots...and then we'll start needing to see that he's understanding the squad as we'll have 10 or so games before anything can happen in the window.

As for turning corners.... yes it would be a good idea and if we could find say 3 wins and a couple of draws in those 10 games, it would keep us above the drop line.... anything less and it will be tenuous. To provide context the last 10 have provided 2 wins and 3 draws.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:42:07 »

There's a lot of imponderables in there  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:53:11 »

is pondering the imponderable like fathoming the unfathomable.  Head Hurts

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:56:57 »

Bamboo- will we see a sponsored post containing predictions from your partner internet betting provider?

Nothing to see here
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:09:49 »

Its the Reg way you will get used to it in time.

Christ! Life’s too short for all that shit.
I haven’t got a fucking clue covers all the bases as far as I can see.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:10:31 »

There's a lot of imponderables in there  Pint

The key is in the definition provided......

" Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how they'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances"
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:15:43 »

The key is in the definition provided......

" Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how they'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances"
He’s making out that he has got a fucking clue.  But he hasn’t really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:25:28 »

He’s making out that he has got a fucking clue.  But he hasn’t really.

I'll repeat what I said....

"There are just too many imponderables to make a reasoned case as to how things might pan out...."
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:36:33 »

I haven’t got a fucking clue covers all the bases as far as I can see.

You’ve got it spot on
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:36:50 »

To be fair, Reg is right. Our squad is not complete, we still need two strikers, another keeper and possibly a winger. As it stands, I don't believe our squad is strong enough to compete at the top end of League One. However, Wellens knows this too as he's said we need 5-6 more bodies and I trust him and Jewell to find the talent we need to put together a squad capable of challenging for at least a play off spot.
Last season we didn't get Grant, Benda or Doyle until the season had started, and they were probably our three best players.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:44:27 »

You have to take it for what it is.  It's an article from a betting website, probably knocked up in 20 minutes.  Making predictions based on conjecture and little in the way of fact is all part of football. You may say it's akin to the earlier debate on who is the bigger team.

Nothing to see here
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 16:46:05 »

To be fair, Reg is right. Our squad is not complete, we still need two strikers, another keeper and possibly a winger. As it stands, I don't believe our squad is strong enough to compete at the top end of League One. However, Wellens knows this too as he's said we need 5-6 more bodies and I trust him and Jewell to find the talent we need to put together a squad capable of challenging for at least a play off spot.
Last season we didn't get Grant, Benda or Doyle until the season had started, and they were probably our three best players.

No one is saying he’s wrong.  Just that the rest of us have lives to lead, families to feed, daytime television to watch, etc etc Crash
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 18:25:36 »

Haha! Good old imponderables has made its season debut😂😂😂
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 18:36:30 »

No one is saying he’s wrong.  Just that the rest of us have lives to lead, families to feed, daytime television to watch, etc etc Crash

Interesting though they may be, in what way do you think your domestic arrangements have anything to do with how the, hopefuly forthcoming,  unprecedented season will pan out?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 19:17:23 »

Interesting though they may be, in what way do you think your domestic arrangements have anything to do with how the, hopefuly forthcoming,  unprecedented season will pan out?
Unfortunately, there are just too many imponderables to make a reasoned case as to how things might pan out....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: