Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bet Victors L1 preview  (Read 6407 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 10:56:16 »

BetVictors League 1 preview.

https://blog.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/football/league-one/league-one-season-preview-1-24-predictions/

Swindon Town

Prediction 6th

Wellens has done superbly at Swindon Town, turning the Wiltshire outfit from League Two’s underachieving bottom half fodder into title-winners in 16 months.

Fresh challenges are afoot for the Mancunian motivator, as his side enter League One with forward Eoin Doyle – who scored 40% of their goals last season – now at Bolton.

It’s plausible, though, that Swindon can get a healthy goal return from Tyler Smith – the energetic Sheffield United loanee was described as “a star in the making” while at Doncaster – or any other poacher brought in, because their attractive system is designed to create chances at will.

Losing Yates and Anderson to Blackpool was a blow. But Town have signed versatile playmaker Jack Payne, who has thrived in four of his five League One stints.

Swansea loanee goalkeeper Steven Benda, meanwhile, is set to be replaced by Manchester United loanee Matěj Kovář, compared favourably to Dean Henderson.

Gritty anchor man Anthony Grant and technician Michael Doughty have their strong midfield partnership threatened, potentially, by the loan signing of Matthew Smith, who must have been given some assurances of game-time after featuring recently for Arsenal’s first team.

The anticipated fixture pile-up means Wellens will be hoping defensive leader Mathieu Baudry, talented centre-back Dion Conroy, full-back turned centre-back Zeki Fryers, versatile full-back Rob Hunt, tough tackler Jordan Lyden, unpredictable forward Diallang Jaiyesimi and assist-maker Kaiyne Woolery can stay fit for the duration.

If so, Swindon’s swashbuckling style could see them upset some of the more obvious promotion contenders.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 10:57:38 »

I'd take that. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:04:48 »

I'd take that. 
Many clubs forums and the press have us down as "dark horses" this coming season. It seems like a lot of our own fans can't see that though and have us down as strugglers.

I think if we can get 1 decent experienced goal poacher then we will be around the play offs, if we don't then it will be mid table. I do feel the goals will be spread around the team a lot more this season with J Smith and Payne as well as T Smith chipping in with a fair few between them.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:15:04 »

The guy that wrote those is very knowledgable, knows everything!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:21:12 »

Quote from: tans

even knows Woolery has signed a new deal before the club Smiley
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:44:22 »

We all hope he’s right!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:51:37 »

We are an outstanding 2/1 to beat Charlton Saturday.

I’ve invested. Bollocks to this cryptocurrency!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 12:07:28 »

In our favour will be that League One doesn't really have a Newport or even a Colchester (the version they kept figuring out caused us problems, not the decent footballing version they started with in games).  It's also a good bit of design by Wellens that we can play with the ball or on the counter.  That means teams can't just set-up to play a single way against us.  Go back to the recent past and some of our possession based teams have looked likely to succumb to a single goal defeat after passing it around for 65% of the game.  Wellens has us looking good with possession to stop teams just sitting back, but also we look a real threat on the counter so teams can;t just press us either.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 12:57:46 »

Many clubs forums and the press have us down as "dark horses" this coming season. It seems like a lot of our own fans can't see that though and have us down as strugglers.

There are just too many imponderables to make a reasoned case as to how things might pan out....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 12:59:27 »

In our favour will be that League One doesn't really have a Newport or even a Colchester (the version they kept figuring out caused us problems, not the decent footballing version they started with in games).  It's also a good bit of design by Wellens that we can play with the ball or on the counter.  That means teams can't just set-up to play a single way against us.  Go back to the recent past and some of our possession based teams have looked likely to succumb to a single goal defeat after passing it around for 65% of the game.  Wellens has us looking good with possession to stop teams just sitting back, but also we look a real threat on the counter so teams can;t just press us either.

The nearest team with that style would be AFC Wimbledon

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 13:04:13 »

The nearest team with that style would be AFC Wimbledon
Fleetwood and Accrington play a similar style and of course not forgetting Northampton.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 13:05:41 »

Fleetwood and Accrington play a similar style and of course not forgetting Northampton.

I forget about the thuggery of Joey Barton and the ever efficient Accrington

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 13:13:49 »

Not a bad write up by BetVictor. Let's hope that they are right.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 14:38:26 »

There are just too many imponderables to make a reasoned case as to how things might pan out....

Love it Reginald Smiley

I thought it was you who wrote the first sentence of the article. Especially the "...League Two's underachieving bottom half fodder..." part, then I realised you would most definitely have written 'Div 4'  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:29:27 »

That translates as “I haven’t got a fucking clue!”
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: