Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79115 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 13:08:00 »

A lot of the lockdown protestors had serious weaponry (looked like AK47s) when they were gathered en masse in public, that’s what I don’t get. Why does one situation spark one very aggressive response whilst the other is passively observed. I
Numbers. 5 of them, heavily armed, can be pretty confident they can shoot one guy and it won't escalate further. But taking on 100-odd heavily armed militia nutjobs you're going to have to go prepared for a small war. You're risking massive casualties on both sides, not to mention any innocent members of the public (inc state senators in the invasion of the Michigan Capitol) who get caught in the crossfire.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 13:10:06 »

Meanwhile in Seattle, cops thought it was good idea to mace a 7 year old kid who was standing peacefully with his, also peaceful, family. No reason, no explanation, no apology, didn't even try to help the kid as he screamed in pain. Wonder if that child will grow up thinking the police are there to help him?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:34:17 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fox-news-monty-python-joke-seattle-protests-a9565506.html

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 18:06:49 »

It's a gift that keeps on giving
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:15:16 »

Meanwhile in Seattle, cops thought it was good idea to mace a 7 year old kid who was standing peacefully with his, also peaceful, family. No reason, no explanation, no apology, didn't even try to help the kid as he screamed in pain. Wonder if that child will grow up thinking the police are there to help him?

You missed the bit where they nicked the bloke who filmed them doing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/15/outrage-video-police-mace-child-seattle-protest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:36:09 »

You missed the bit where they nicked the bloke who filmed them doing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/15/outrage-video-police-mace-child-seattle-protest
Bloody hell. Some of these police forces do seem to act more like an occupying army than public servants
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:50:41 »

If America could see the injustice inflicted on Americans by America it would invade America.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:33:49 »

If America could see the injustice inflicted on Americans by America it would invade America.
Judging from the behaviour of Minneapolis PD, NYPD and Seattle PD* I think they think that is exactly what they have done and that they are the occupying army!

*(other brutal police forces also available in some localities)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:48:18 »

Valid Pint

« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 14:48:20 »

I worked in a shop that had a window display for that album. A passer-by complained to the manager, & we had to take the display down. I think the complaint was about the nudity rather than the title. I took the window display home anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:31:50 »

Trump thinks that if the US stopped testing right now, they'd have very few COVID cases, if any

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/502819-trump-on-coronavirus-if-we-stop-testing-right-now-wed-have-very-few-cases

This is like my dog "hiding" behind a bush with his whole body sticking out because he thinks if he can't see me, I can't see him. Except my dog would do a better job of being President.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:35:57 »

He's rambling on at the moment, supposedly to launch some Executive Orders relating to Police reform (in reality he has little power to do anything on that front), but he's barely mentioned the issues facing the Nation on that front.  INstead he's gone off on one about Coronovirus, the economy, Police doing a great job on 9/11 and essentially patting himself on the back as much as he can manage while using as few words as possible (his vocab when off script is stunningly poor).

I am hoping Biden beats him in November, not that I rate Biden at all, but at least things will be quieter.

Oh, and the self appointed Militia sparked a fight and some gun shots in New Mexico last night - at least in the UK you get people pissing up against a wall while missing with air kicks and giving it large, imagine them with guns!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 20:23:32 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-police-officers-fired-racist-rant-slaughter-black-people-civil-war

It's OK, it's not systemic or anything.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 14:33:23 »

Meanwhile, in Portland, federal officers in military uniforms but with no insignia and no ID are driving around in unmarked vans attacking and abducting protesters from the streets, separate from and refusing to work with local law enforcement. I say "federal officers" as the US Marshalls, the Dept of Homeland Security and other federal agenices have admitted being involved, but given they don't have insginia/ID and are refusing to identify themselves, who knows? They could be private militias or just armed gangs that Trump has deputised? No ID, no reason given for "arrests", no due process, no legal recourse for those abducted in this way. This is actual fascism.

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/portland-federal-officials-use-unmarked-vehicles-to-detain-protesters/

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/
« Last Edit: Friday, July 17, 2020, 14:38:51 by pauld » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #134 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 14:46:16 »

That's scary.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: