Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79161 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:57:02 »

What did throwing tea into Boston harbour achieve 250-odd years ago??

Yeah the population wanted a better, fairer system, but they didn’t need to destroy property to get it

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:57:29 »

I know you don’t mean literally, but what would ‘burning it down’ achieve exactly?

I do mean it literally. Or at least important businesses and landmarks etc. Set them on fucking fire - literally.

Maybe it will make people stop treating them like cunts.

And maybe it won't, but nothing else has worked. Might as well give it a go. Fucking keep it up until those at the top start taking notice I say.

How many serious issues regarding equality in society have been settled with peaceful protests?
How many have been solved by bringing the establishment to their knees?

My main issue with the idea is the orange cunt at the top, though. He's far too arrogant to concede. Although he might be forced to if congress grew some fucking spines among them.
Valid Pint

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:58:03 »

Obama addressing the US this evening
I suggest a reference to Tariq Jahan should be made.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:03:45 »

I do mean it literally. Or at least important businesses and landmarks etc. Set them on fucking fire - literally.

Maybe it will make people stop treating them like cunts.

And maybe it won't, but nothing else has worked. Might as well give it a go. Fucking keep it up until those at the top start taking notice I say.

How many serious issues within equality in society have been settled with peaceful protests?

My main idea with the idea is the orange cunt at the top, though. He's far too arrogant to concede.
So the majority of the population who treat people equally and agree with the cause should all suffer, lose their jobs and livelihoods as businesses are burnt to the ground so that it puts everyone on the same level?  
As for landmarks a lot of them are of historical importance, like the Lincoln memorial got defaced the other day. It would be the equivalent of us destroying Westminster, the Royal Palaces etc.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:07:49 »

So the minorities should just suffer and be allow themselves to be killed (literally) so as not to upset the others? I know what I'd say to that if I was black an living in America.

And fuck the 'historical importance' of landmarks. Peoples' lives are immeasurably more valuable.
Flashheart

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:10:43 »

And I have already pointed out that I think small businesses should be left alone.

Let the corpations and insurance comapnies take the brunt. Hit the politicains and their cronies where it hurts them most.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:12:58 »

How many serious issues regarding equality in society have been settled with peaceful protests?

This is a democracy where the people voted in the establishment, why are you not blaming the people?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:14:37 »

No it isn’t.  It is aFederal Republic of States.  The popular vote doesn’t even count, let alone the fact that two of the past three Presidents didn’t even win the Popular vote.
Flashheart

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:15:39 »

This is a democracy where the people voted in the establishment, why are you not blaming the people?

You do understand that who you vote for is not necessarilly who gets into power, right?

And that the establishment can be corrupt to the core no wonder who gets in?

^ And what RobertT said.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:17:30 »

Do you think the police or public were any different under Obama's tenure?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:21:19 »

Hard core Constitutionalists will delight in telling you how it is not a Democracy and it is in fact a great experiment designed to limit the excesses of Government and empower the individual.  The problem they are facing is that human nature is a fucking arse and come individuals are empowered more than others.  Over time they just go an create the same upper power chamber they sought to get rid of centuries ago by banishing a Kings army.  The concept seems sound, but it is always only as strong as the people’s weakest behaviours.  Much of what has made America an economic behemoth is entirely because they were able use and abuse the Natives, then Blacks and so on.  Plenty of people are alive from a generation that wasn’t a million miles from South Africa’s viewpoint before Mandela.  While it improves with each passing generation, it has not gone away, and is deep routed in some places.
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:21:36 »

I doubt they were any different.

Which only makes it even more necessary to turn the whole fucking system over.

Your whatabouttery makes me think you are making assumptions about my position politically. I have no sides in this politically. Trump is a cunt but that doesn't mean the rest of them are OK. (Better, but still not OK)

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:24:25 »

No, which is the point.  It’s deep in the culture still.  By the way, Trump is merely a match, the kindling has been there for a long time.  The very nature of the Govt here means it can’t nor will it be accepted as being the instigator of change.  America is ruled by big corporations and Churches.

I say all that as someone loving living here.  It has big faults, but much to admire as well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:26:41 »

I also don’t really have much of an idea how to fix the bigger problems.  Trump is clearly not helping.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 16:45:15 »

Hard core Constitutionalists will delight in telling you how it is not a Democracy and it is in fact a great experiment designed to limit the excesses of Government and empower the individual
Well that's going well. As to the first part, I don't think you have to be a constitutional nerd to recognise the US is no longer a functioning democracy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: