Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56551 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 12:00:30 »

The STFC flag group are deffo in the pocket of clem

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 12:53:46 »

why, What have they said? Twitter?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 18:20:30 »

Just based on the nature of their tweets (‘power is a shit, if only you knew what I knew, but I’m never going to say what I know’)

Wild conspiracy on my part, but would explain why a potential investor would randomly invite a small grass roots fan organisation, alongside the trust and official supporters club

Things get better but they never get good
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 18:34:09 »

The STFC flag group are deffo in the ass of clem

I come from a land down-under
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 18:52:10 »

This is the type of bollocks that highlights the need to get the sale of the CG over the line.

If in the future (post sale), a new owner comes in and the Trust receive an offer that they can't refuse for their (our) 50%, then I'm assuming that it would have to go to a vote for everyone that chipped in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 19:15:37 »

why, What have they said? Twitter?

Clem paid for one of them to go to a sports game of some kind in NY. They always wax lyrical about him and have been fairly critical of Power.

As Dave says there's a lot of "I know stuff, but I can't tell you what I know". Basically I think they're quite easily bought and used.
Flashheart

« Reply #186 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 19:57:27 »

I think it was that Jaybox? that went to America. I think it was him in a photo with one of Clem's people in America, or something like that. The same guy that was pro Power until he didn't get his own way with something on a personal level.

I get the impression that he'd be very malleable indeed if his ego is suitably stroked.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 21:03:55 »

American real estate developers get word of a club about to buy and possibly redevelop their "sporting venue".

American real estate developers think "I know where we can make a shit load of money for a pretty small outlay" throw a letter (thinly veiled bid) in to test the water the see if there is a possibility that the club can be bought for cheap and awaits reply.

I would fully expect Clem to be upset by any possibility as real estate development is this appears to be his area of expertise, what with the consturction connections he has.

As it stands this was a "test the temperature of the water" enquiry from some hopeful buyers but it does not appear to actually be an offer....yet. IMO.

Kind of mirrors what I posted a few days ago.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 21:06:22 »

We've all got an ego to a degree but Flasheart is spot on with JB.  Unfortunately seems up himself. I'm a cunt though so don't read much into that.

Easily bought though for sure.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 22:48:00 »

Haven’t been able to take him seriously since that business about creating an STFC flag showing support for Syrian refugees or something.

Said flag then turned out to be the size of a tea towel
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 23:37:39 »

I think it was the "Refugees Welcome" thing? I personally welcome refugees, so supported that notion. However, what I didn't try to do, was speak for every fan/supporter of a football club. Whether JB intended to do that or not, we don't know - only he will truly. I think he did.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 07:13:38 »

What gets my goat was the 'begging' for money constantly. If you want to wave flags that's your choice. Do I really need to contribute?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 07:17:24 »

no Sippo you don't, it isn't compulsory.

I think he's just got it wrong with some fans.I don't think he's done it on purpose.

Big flags aren't my thing, but they aren't really something to get upset about.

The refugees thing, yeah, perhaps not one for football. Though it probably wound up the Tommeh Robinson brigade so that's funny.
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 07:24:21 »

The refugee flag thing was one, there were a couple of other things as well that made him look like a bit of a bellend. Actually, rather a massive one.

I'm still for the flags and stuff in general, credit where credit's due. I even used to stick up for him on here to begin with until his twattery started to reveal itself.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 08:09:17 »

I'm all for the flags, totally in board with that - The big one in the Town End is really smart, I did have to laugh at his claim that it winds me up that he doesn't share all the details that his mate Clem tells him.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: