Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56874 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 07:41:05 »

Wonder if they wrote this letter for Trump too
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 08:02:06 »

So, this US company has, via the Adver claimed to have put in an offer to buy the club. The club have denied receiving an offer. By way of "proving" that they have put in an offer, the US company have now released to the Adver what purports to be a proof of funds letter (but isn't really), and the Adver have called that "evidence of Able's bid to purchase the club from Mr Power". It's circumstantial evidence at best, what it proves is that they are trying to demonstrate they have the funds and ability to run the club, on the say so of some US lawyer, and it would be odd to assert that if you weren't looking to buy the club. But it's skirting the real issue, the actual offer. My reading would be that they've submitted something, but the club don't think it's substantial enough to constitute a formal bid to buy the club, hence their continued denial of receiving an offer, because in their minds they've had nothing more than an initial approach. If that is the case, presumably the club have privately gone back and said so. I'm not sure what the Americans think they have to gain by going public with this? Especially as the "evidence" they have shown the Adver proves nothing much?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 08:30:49 »

might send him a note - we are not a franchise
Christopher.Tsouros@arentfox.com
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 08:33:11 »

You mis-spelled the email address, think it should be @arentreallawyers.com
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:01:08 »

I want to see that first letter.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:05:14 »

From the information we've seen so far this lot just come across as a bunch of chancers and not remotely credible.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:08:19 »

They are, and Christopher has a fine old beard!

https://www.arentfox.com/attorneys/christopher-tsouros

The adver seem to be adding 2+2 and making about 200, the letter is dated June but was apparently emailed to the club on Monday, despite the 'offer', if it even existed expiring over a month ago.

Also interesting is if I google Able Company Swindon LLC the only results seem to be stories in the advertiser.

The paper are making themselves look bloody stupid here.

BTW who is Anthony Gee?
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:11:55 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #172 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:11:04 »

To be fair, their website does look legit.

Whether or not this letter does genuinely come from them is another matter. If only there was a local media outlet that could find the answers to these questions for us...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:15:20 »

Nothing new there, then...

Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:15:46 »

Some of the stuff Tsourous has been involved in:

Various real estate transactions for scores of clients ranging in magnitude from $10,000,000 – $600,000,000 each, including: Real estate development projects, financings and refinancings; acquisitions and dispositions; debt and equity restructurings; and major office, laboratory, R&D and retail leasing transactions on both landlord and tenant sides.
Boston Celtics – Legal co-counsel to the top tier executive management and ownership interests of The Boston Celtics in their equity structuring, acquisition and financing of the NBA franchise.
Boston Celtics – Lead counsel to the Boston Celtics in:
direct lease negotiations as to its arena – the TD Garden
leasing of its corporate offices in Boston, MA
leasing, development and construction of its major new state of the art practice/health/training facilities with New Balance at Boston Landing

Boston Flower Exchange – Lead counsel in complex acquisition of major Boston development site and negotiations with BPDA Executive Secretary on permitting parameters and structural entitlements; ongoing representation in 1.5 million s.f. new construction and development project
The Landmark Center – Lead counsel in the acquisition, organization structuring, construction and development, office/retail leasing, and operations of The Landmark Center in the Fenway, Boston, MA, culminating in its recent $530,000,000 disposition
Abbey Group Project Portfolio- General counsel for The Abbey Group handling all legal aspects of major real estate development projects:
Landmark Square (multifamily new construction – 120 apartments)
Germain Street (multifamily new construction – 48 brownstone buildings – 200 apartments)
The Viridian (multifamily new construction – 200 apartments)
The Prince on Newbury (adaptive reuse – condominiums and major retail units)
45 Province (downtown Boston condominiums – new construction)
Riverside Technology Center (adaptive reuse and leasing of laboratory, office and R&D)
Lafayette Corporate Center ( office and retail adaptive reuse and major leasing (600,000 sf)
Huntington Theatre – Transactional and real estate counsel to the Huntington Theatre in acquisition and joint venturing of theater parcel in context of major private site development
Golf Club at Turner Hill – General counsel in the successful equity and debt restructuring and workout of the Golf Club at Turner Hill, Ipswich, MA, and all organization, structural, licensing, permitting, financing, permitting and operational matters
Laz Parking – Lead litigation counsel to Laz Parking in major contract negotiations and FCA dispute resolution with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts MBTA and Office of the Attorney General; and special counsel in several major business and litigation matters
Boston College High School – Counsel in public – private partnership with UMASS Boston on development of land for joint facilities and operations
Lead litigation counsel in several major actions:
abutter’s counsel in Land Court challenge over permitting of a major corporate HQ site in Boston, MA
developer’s counsel in complex easement/rights of way dispute threatening development and financing of a major commercial real estate project in Boston
counsel to majority owners of successful restaurant/entertainment business in suit over corporate control and fiduciary responsibilities
Regis College’s Dover Amendment actions in the Land Court, Appeals , and Supreme Judicial Court, in Town of Weston’s opposition to major residential project
private developer’s Dover Amendment defense of major museum project (100 acres) in Stow, Mass.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:20:05 »

https://www.arentfox.com/attorneys/christopher-tsouros

The adver seem to be adding 2+2 and making about 200, the letter is dated June but was apparently emailed to the club on Monday, despite the 'offer', if it even existed expiring over a month ago.

Also interesting is if I google Able Company Swindon LLC the only results seem to be stories in the advertiser.

BTW who is Anthony Gee?
https://www.bizapedia.com/people/william-keravuori.html

No sign of Able Company Swindon LLC in here. Think the adver have either got it wrong or made it up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #176 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:25:51 »

American real estate developers get word of a club about to buy and possibly redevelop their "sporting venue".

American real estate developers think "I know where we can make a shit load of money for a pretty small outlay" throw a letter (thinly veiled bid) in to test the water the see if there is a possibility that the club can be bought for cheap and awaits reply.

I would fully expect Clem to be upset by any possibility as real estate development is this appears to be his area of expertise, what with the consturction connections he has.

As it stands this was a "test the temperature of the water" enquiry from some hopeful buyers but it does not appear to actually be an offer....yet. IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:28:13 »

Wycombe have got an American interested in buying them from their Trust...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48840928

Apparently a consortium of former players (not necessarily Wycombe were interested)... I suppose now that the multi millionaire players are starting to drop out of playing, then buying clubs to amuse themselves might start to become more of a thing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:30:06 »

Yeah I know, I just saw the email address started with "arent" and couldn't resist the cheap gag Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:37:57 »

Wycombe have got an American interested in buying them from their Trust...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48840928

Apparently a consortium of former players (not necessarily Wycombe were interested)... I suppose now that the multi millionaire players are starting to drop out of playing, then buying clubs to amuse themselves might start to become more of a thing.
The same man that failed the to prove he has any level of funding when trying to take over Yeovil, hence why he is only now an investor and not owner at Wycombe.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: