Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why are there so many wankers in the world currently?  (Read 21434 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 06:09:05 »

I posted some thoughts on this forum recently about the abuse older people get these days. There was a time when age generally was respected even if their attitudes were a bit non PC.

I am of this older generation and have personally been the subject of abuse from generally younger people who know jack shit about me.

When did it become acceptable to abuse a section of society when no other .....isms are tolerated?

Because, and I say this with no hyperbole, people born between 1940-1970 have completely fucked the world for everyone who comes after them
« Last Edit: Friday, August 9, 2019, 06:11:33 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 06:47:07 »

^^^that wasn’t to excuse personal abuse, and is a generalisation. But is an accurate summation of what’s underpinning the sentiment

GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 12:35:31 »

Wow Bogus Dave I bow to your superior knowledge and reasoned thought. The possibility that "these people" contributed anything to society obviously is a non starter!
I won't even attempt to list the many ways these generations of "affluent" individuals have enriched the lives of younger age groups. The politics of envy will always triumph!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:19:11 »

the generation that climbed the ladder and pulled it up after them

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:23:41 »

It's as ridiculous to blame an entire generation of people for the perceived failings of some members of that generation as it is to blame an entire racial group. Just as ridiculous is the notion that someone merits respect or deference purely due to having lived longer than someone else. Respect is earned by an individual, but treating others with respect, whatever their age, should be a given. That flips both ways.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:34:39 »

I'd happily end up in a tin of Soylent Green if it allows those born after 1970 the opportunity to fuck things up for the next generation just as much as the baby boomers.

Entirely confident that they won't let the side down either.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:44:58 »

So when I die and leave my unearned wealth to my three children who surprisingly are part of a younger generation where does that leave the ladder?
I accept that for a variety of reasons house prices have risen much faster than inflation however many individuals were able to buy their rented accommodation at a discount. Many if not most of them were never rich.

When I took out a mortgage to buy my first property my salary was £800.00 per annum so everything is relative.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:46:59 »

Yeah, because the state of the world can completely be measured in house prices  Head Hurts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:53:09 »

the generation that climbed the ladder and pulled it up after them

The generation that grafted, not handed everything on a plate like nowadays.

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:55:22 »

When I took out a mortgage to buy my first property my salary was £800.00 per annum so everything is relative.

How much was the property?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 13:55:57 »

handed everything on a plate like nowadays.
What a load of bollocks.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 14:00:11 »

I posted some thoughts on this forum recently about the abuse older people get these days. There was a time when age generally was respected even if their attitudes were a bit non PC.

I am of this older generation and have personally been the subject of abuse from generally younger people who know jack shit about me.

When did it become acceptable to abuse a section of society when no other .....isms are tolerated?

To get my respect people have to earn it, it does not automatically just come if someone reaches a certain age, its as frankly absurd as the habit people seem to have of congratulating people (and clapping them on TV shows) for reaching a certain age.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 14:01:28 »

To get my respect people have to earn it, it does not automatically just come if someone reaches a certain age, its as frankly absurd as the habit people seem to have of congratulating people (and clapping them on TV shows) for reaching a certain age.

Exactly, old people can be cunts too.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 14:05:30 »

How much was the property?

Indeed, as an example the house I was bought up in Oxfordshire, my old man bought it off his employer in the early 70's for £4k, using an interest free mortgage obtained from the local council which was from recollection about £8 a month repayment! When we sold in in 2001 it went for about £160k and is now if Zoopla are to be believed worth about £330k!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, August 9, 2019, 14:06:38 »

The generation that grafted, not handed everything on a plate like nowadays.

Somewhat ironic response in a thread about young people being arses to the elderly!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: