Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Newport County FC  (Read 48100 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:44:38 »

Just back, really enjoyed that. We look a completely different side under Wellens, more positivity and purpose.
Apart from the football on show the other pleasing thing was how the crowd got behind the team, didn't hear much negativity at all round me; a nice change from the norm.
Same here, except when Lancashire came on and some idiots thought it was a good idea to boo him. Yeah, cos that's going to fucking help isn't it?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:44:55 »

Dunne is a strange one for sure. Looked totally inept under Flitcroft and was lining up to be the new Anton Rodgers.

Totally different player this season. Remarkable how different managers can make or break a player.

We’ve won the same number of games as Mansfield, don’t you know!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:46:46 »

Really pleased for Dunny after his 'mare at full back (v Bury) and crass sending off at Crawley (and v Accrington in May).  He always holds his hand up.  Good lad.

As Robert T and before Venks ( Nobody seems to be wanting to pass into space for Woolery at all today. Thats his strength so utilise it) have suggested, we may have a significant new striking option available to us after Flitcroft's misuse and also injury.  It does rather seem that Doughty could be the player most likely to exploit Woolery's strengths.

Notts County losing today means we may get a little peace from the Conference fantasy posters - at least till Grimsby.  Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:55:53 by RedRag » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:48:11 »

have to say right now Wellens looks like the right man, stand by 'for the wrong reasons', but it doesn't much matter.

Good first half with the wind. should have had 2.

second half started in reverse, thought we were in for it, we held our nerve and came back into it.

brilliant win, long may it continue

He's has a good start. On the back of my mind is that he also started very well at Oldham, but I think that's me going a bit Reg and just looking for a reason to be negative.

There's a transfer window coming and a lot will depend on how well he does at recruitment. If he gets that right then we could be in for a very good final 3rd to the season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:55:02 »

He's has a good start. On the back of my mind is that he also started very well at Oldham, but I think that's me going a bit Reg and just looking for a reason to be negative.

There's a transfer window coming and a lot will depend on how well he does at recruitment. If he gets that right then we could be in for a very good final 3rd to the season.

I'd like to think the difference is he will get to January and not have to release his squad and play just the kids and has beens who aren't even getting paid this time around.

I like that he's found a system and is trying to get the players used to it, even if that meant the wrong approach to the Woking game.  Adebayo seems more clear in what is expected of him and we have more purpose in getting the ball forward, out wide and creating crossing opportunities. We also seem to have a few different corner routines which is nice to see.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:57:59 »

Cheers Batch.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:58:08 »

Adebayo seems more clear in what is expected of him and we have more purpose in getting the ball forward, out wide and creating crossing opportunities.
Adebayo looked much better today, he'd gone completely off the boil in recent weeks, but decent today
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:03:48 »

Better question is whether they will post at all tonight, but I think we all know the answer to that one.
fuck sake give me time to get in  Crash
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:04:22 »

Yeah it's obviously early days, and like you say he had a good start at Oldham.

but when Brown went I was genuinely worried about our league status. 9/12 points later and we are looking at a playoff push.

credit where its due.

you are right though, we are still in need of a couple of players at both ends of the pitch and add you say, that will be critical.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:06:14 »

Same here, except when Lancashire came on and some idiots thought it was a good idea to boo him. Yeah, cos that's going to fucking help isn't it?
Fucking idiots, yes hes not great but he tries and no player deserves to come on to boos before he has even kicked a ball in anger. There could still be a player in there but his consistancy is very poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:09:41 »

Great win.

We can start looking up not down Reg !

Think that's fair enough, now we've edged into the top half. Today was important... grind out 3 points at the CG in difficult conditions against a typical Div 4 rugged outfit.  However the challenges come thick and fast, and the next 2 are huge... come through these with say 4 points and we can start to get excited.  Grimsby away, a traditional graveyard one win since 67; then Numb.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:17:25 »

Fucking idiots, yes hes not great but he tries and no player deserves to come on to boos before he has even kicked a ball in anger. There could still be a player in there but his consistancy is very poor.

They'd shut up if enough people gave them a proper bollocking. Gutless cretins.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:22:07 »

That's what is called a "toxic element" to our fanbase. These kind of fans aren't really fans at all. Lancs was coming on to essentially sure up the defence and help see out the last 5 mins. Those types couldn't care less if Town were winning, losing or drawing. Pricks.

Fantastic win today and should start to show us where we truly lie in this division. Hopefully that will culminate with us being out of it. In an upward fashion.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:22:47 »

Enjoyed the win, not sure about the whole game.
Should really have taken advantage of the wind assistance in the first half as knew they would in the 2nd.

Better team performance tho, Woolery made some decent runs without being played in. Adebayo even looked improved.

Would have taken a draw so  Pint

Taffs seemed a bit miffed, around a dozen outside the DRS at half time giving it large. No police only stewards but never kicked off. Then the old bill arrived on mass. Stewards then all running off towards town end.

When was the last time we managed 3 on the spin
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:22:51 »

Thought we deserved the win today. I enjoy those grinded out wins against (relatively) strong opposition

Woolery looked a real threat all game. Any mention of why no Anderson? I presume injury?

Doughty was quiet but his class still showed through, agree with everything written about Dunne - I think I said a couple of weeks ago he has been one of our best players this season. He looks a lot more comfortable as part of the three

Hockaday was on the radio afterwards saying how Taylor struggled a lot once the pressure was on, and I’d have to agree - I’m not sure he’s a perfect solution in this team. Likewise Ian, who struggled a lot today

Minor negatives on the day though. Happiest I’ve felt leaving the county ground since the opening day

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: