Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Newport County FC  (Read 48118 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:23:13 »

Cheesy Name and shame again for the record. Options:
Outlet           O
newmarket    O
Processed      O
Better question is whether they will post at all tonight, but I think we all know the answer to that one.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:24:40 »

I thought we played well in the first half, put them under pressure and could have had a couple more.  Second half for about 15-20 minutes we looked like we had left our brains in the dressing room.  It was as if nobody had understood we were playing against the wind.  I know I'm a broken record, but Taylor was awful in that period, beaten only by Iandolo who seemed to completely lose his positioning.  But, I have a suspicion Taylor triggered the move that got us the goal :-)

Nobody could figure out how to get Doughty in the game and he fucked up by not feeding Woollery when he did get released on a run - fortunately he didn't make that mistake the next time.  I thought we coped well in the final 20 minutes though - you know they will pump it long and apply pressure with the wind and useful big man.  Dunne played well.  Nelson and Woolfenden had a bit of a going over, but just about survived.  Knoyle was a threat first half, don't know why we didn't use that outlet on the floor in the 2nd but I guess he did get pushed back quite a bit.

Think we deserved it on balance - we looked the better team against the wind when you compare both halves.  Overall, it's nice to look like we are supposed to be the better team - that doesn't guarantee anything, but for 50-60 mins of that game it felt like we were the team you'd see higher up the league, similar to Stevenage.

Woollery looked a threat even if we managed to release him only a few times, similar to the impact Pryce had in the previous league game.  Hopefully the wind dies down and we can get back to Doughty feeding balls through.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:25:15 »

Just back, really enjoyed that. We look a completely different side under Wellens, more positivity and purpose.
Apart from the football on show the other pleasing thing was how the crowd got behind the team, didn't hear much negativity at all round me; a nice change from the norm.

It's All Good..............
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:27:40 »

Any W D L predictions for today reg?

I'm going for a 2-1 win. can't underestimate what the return of doughty can bring to the team. Richards will actually break his baren scoring run today as well!

Time for 3 points on the road and to prove to people that we aren't in a relegation battle.
coyr

shamelessly quoting myself. but...would be interesting to see the win ratio of games that doughty has played. keep him fit and the team is completely different.

the 2nd bit highlighted was just to show how far we have come since the relegation battles of just 2 weeks ago!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:27:49 »

Fucking iFollow is so bloody frustrating.
Probably best if you just listen to it instead then Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:30:46 »

shamelessly quoting myself. but...would be interesting to see the win ratio of games that doughty has played. keep him fit and the team is completely different.

the 2nd bit highlighted was just to show how far we have come since the relegation battles of just 2 weeks ago!

Even if Doughty scored one and made one, I thought Dunne was more influential in the middle today. He'd probably be my MoM.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:33:05 »

Even if Doughty scored one and made one, I thought Dunne was more influential in the middle today.
Yes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:35:11 »

Probably best if you just listen to it instead then Smiley
I ended up just listening and covering my eyes for the last 5 mins anyway Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:36:45 »

I've been saying for months that Dunne is a decent player and gained a reputation as being poor because Flitcroft didn't know how to use him. Even under Brown he had more good games than he did bad.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:41:08 »

For months have I been saying that Dunne a decent player is and a reputation gained as poor being because Flitcroft how to use him didn't know. Even under Brown more good games he had than bad he did.

Fixed it for you.  Light Sabre

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:42:33 »

Fixed it for you.  Light Sabre

Didn't do a good job of it Wink
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:42:58 »

What's the name of the goal music??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:43:03 »

have to say right now Wellens looks like the right man, stand by 'for the wrong reasons', but it doesn't much matter.

Good first half with the wind. should have had 2.

second half started in reverse, thought we were in for it, we held our nerve and came back into it.

brilliant win, long may it continue
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:43:40 »

Didn't do a good job of it Wink

Not worthy am I Not Worthy.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 17:43:56 »

Quote from: FreddySTFC!
What's the name of the goal music??

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: