Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327419 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 10:09:17 »

That would be VERY interesting! I know a relative of his if you need any help getting hold of him

Cheers Tails, getting DM is a quest I’ve recently started. Luckily, I have a direct contact.

Thanks though!  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 10:13:30 »

This made me think of Dick Mackey, I bet he would be good on the podcast, Rich, having been at the club 18 years.
+1
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 10:16:22 »

Cheers Tails, getting DM is a quest I’ve recently started. Luckily, I have a direct contact.

Thanks though!  Smiley

Awesome! Cant wait!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 12:46:38 »

I still think he's a cunt. HTH.

Morshead? I agree.

Gary Rose was, for me a cut above most that have come by since.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 09:09:41 »

Bet Martin Ling would be a good one Rich?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, November 5, 2018, 06:04:34 »

The Chris Tanner episode is now available ...

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/s01e17-chris-tanner/s-jjgI7
phelpsieboy

« Reply #171 on: Monday, November 5, 2018, 10:49:48 »

The Chris Tanner episode is now available ...

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/s01e17-chris-tanner/s-jjgI7
Fantastic work yet again Rich - thank you for this podcast, it is the one joy to come out of this monotonous season.

Was a fantastic escape back to the period (Fitton/Black era) where I last felt 'Swindon crazy', desperately scrambling to read the advertiser online first thing in the morning, the running of the club felt astute and professional, and the feeling that something special round the corner may just be happening.

scillyred

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 15:03:39 »

Listened to these all together recently whilst doing a decorating job.
Really entertaining and professionally produced - well done, keep up the good work !
My period as a true fan only really went from the late 60s to the early 90s, due to geographical separation but it was  interesting to hear that 'the Swindon Way' plagued us throughout  Roll Eyes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 18:02:23 »

Listened to these all together recently whilst doing a decorating job.
Really entertaining and professionally produced - well done, keep up the good work !
My period as a true fan only really went from the late 60s to the early 90s, due to geographical separation but it was  interesting to hear that 'the Swindon Way' plagued us throughout  Roll Eyes

Thanks!

Proving almost impossible to talk to someone who had a truly perfect at Town career!

Fraser Digby next, although the quality took a dip due to connectivity issues - shame but such is life.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 19:52:20 »

Thanks!

Proving almost impossible to talk to someone who had a truly perfect at Town career!

Fraser Digby next, although the quality took a dip due to connectivity issues - shame but such is life.

This is where I start to feel uneasy about listening to these. Fraser was my childhood idol. I was young enough when that idolisation began that I kept mispronouncing his name (Frigby Daser - true story... as Ardiles would confirm). I even played in goal for years simply so I could pretend to be him. But you never want to really know what they’re like, when they become fallible. I’ve had meals at his pub praying that he doesn’t turn up and become a real person, instead of the slick haired, 1991, Green GWR-Spall-shirted legend that he is (was).

Whilst I’m at it, if anyone has that shirt, I’ll pay good price.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 21:10:53 »

This is where I start to feel uneasy about listening to these. Fraser was my childhood idol. I was young enough when that idolisation began that I kept mispronouncing his name (Frigby Daser - true story... as Ardiles would confirm). I even played in goal for years simply so I could pretend to be him. But you never want to really know what they’re like, when they become fallible. I’ve had meals at his pub praying that he doesn’t turn up and become a real person, instead of the slick haired, 1991, Green GWR-Spall-shirted legend that he is (was).

Whilst I’m at it, if anyone has that shirt, I’ll pay good price.

Smiley

Fraser was good, tired after a long day at the restaurant, and perhaps a little more restrained.

Still loves the club, that's all that matters!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 07:25:15 »

Vincent Pericard would be an interesting interview, although I wouldn't it against him if he didn't want to relive his time at Swindon

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 08:33:55 »

did you see the interview the other day?

funny story, but one suspects it just expedited the inevitable

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7681870/vincent-pericard-portsmouth-punishment-juventus-girlfriend/
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:49:49 »

How about one with Jimmy Quinn he would probably have a good story to tell about his time as manager and player, or even the likes of Malcolm Crosby it must have a few interesting story's after being assistant to Andy King with the way he managed, and having been at a few others clubs maybe a way of expanding the podcasts and getting new listeners
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 15:41:39 »

If I get a contact for Jimmy and he's willing to participate then I will pester him relentlessly!

Podcast has had a lot of good stuff happening behind-the-scenes at the moment.

There will be other types of epsiodes popping up before the season is out.

Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: