Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Summer Cricket 2018  (Read 37373 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 14:59:39 »

Who actually plays cricket at the CG?

Was hoping to support the local team over the summer, i.e. crash out comatose in a deckchair for the day.

Nearest venue for Wilts minor counties looks to be Marlborough or Calne.

http://www.swindoncricketclub.co.uk/
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 15:22:04 »

Cheers Reg.
Proper grass roots.
Doesn't look as if the local talent pool is being utilized properly going by the table.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 18:00:08 »

Cheers Reg.
Proper grass roots.
Doesn't look as if the local talent pool is being utilized properly going by the table.

SCC has always to some extent reflected the prevailing social conditions.  When I was a kid it was very much a case of it was a club for the small numbers of solicitors, bank managers, estate agents etc in Swindon, very much wanted to keep the oiks out.

Swindon BR was more open to talent.  TBF that was a long time ago, and in recent years they've tried to get more kids involved.  Cricket in Swindon schools though is pretty much dead.

Look at the sort of facilities you've got at somewhere nearby like St Joe's.... disgraceful, and they're probably not the worst.  At St Joe's there'll be numbers of cricket mad Goan kids, how do they get a chance?

Then go somewhere like Marlborough, walk up to the Common past the school playing field and you'll see 2 if not 3 pristine cricket pitches, scoreboxes, pavilions etc with full time groundsmen beavering away.

There's so much potential talent just going to waste.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 15:24:14 »

Credit where it’s due.  England get their tactics and concentration levels right and win by an innings within 3 days. Tougher tests to come against the Indians, though.  Should be interesting.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 17:23:37 »

Credit where it’s due.  England get their tactics and concentration levels right and win by an innings within 3 days. Tougher tests to come against the Indians, though.  Should be interesting.

Really looking forward to the Indian series, but the bummer is we've now a 2 month wait, stocked by one dayers. The Test series shunted off to the back end of the season. OK a good one dayer is OK, but who remembers much about them?  It should stay as it always used to be, perhaps a couple of one dayers to warm up the summer, five Tests in June/July early August, then some one dayers tacked on at the end of the season. Especially now they can played under lights.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 17:25:41 »

Really looking forward to the Indian series, but the bummer is we've now a 2 month wait, stocked by one dayers. The Test series shunted off to the back end of the season. OK a good one dayer is OK, but who remembers much about them?  It should stay as it always used to be, perhaps a couple of one dayers to warm up the summer, five Tests in June/July early August, then some one dayers tacked on at the end of the season. Especially now they can played under lights.
Ah the hidden user surfaces...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 17:33:00 »

I'm at a conference which is taking place at The Oval this week. I gather some cricket is due to happen on at least one of the days, and since some of the sessions are taking place in boxes, I'm assuming a pitch view. Is there anything worth distracting myself from the sales sessions for?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 17:35:36 »

I'm at a conference which is taking place at The Oval this week. I gather some cricket is due to happen on at least one of the days, and since some of the sessions are taking place in boxes, I'm assuming a pitch view. Is there anything worth distracting myself from the sales sessions for?

Surrey v Glamorgan in a one dayer 50 overs on Wednesday.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 17:39:38 »

Death by power point by a load of managers full of their own self importance riding on your efforts. Unless you’re one of those managers...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 22:32:39 »

Death by power point by a load of managers full of their own self importance riding on your efforts. Unless you’re one of those managers...

My innings will, as ever, be mercifully short and unremarkable.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 16:34:44 »

Rather enjoying ourselves against the aussies in the one dayer today.  Though we have just had a collapse to 459-5 with a couple of overs left!

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 17:02:46 »

Rather enjoying ourselves against the aussies in the one dayer today.  Though we have just had a collapse to 459-5 with a couple of overs left!

Trent Bridge is the place for 50 over stuff. Flat pitch and boundaries which seem to get smaller by the year.  Couple of years back Notts got 445 and Northants managed 425 chasing
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 16:35:43 »

5-0 to England! Buttler digs us out of a hole.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:48:35 »

I sat out side for 10 minutes twice last week on the way to a school. Wondered if there was a game on, but that explains the suits wandering in past me
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:53:20 »

World Cup ticket emails just went out... Applied for over 2k worth of tickets (in fairness, I'd be fucked if we got even half of them) and got only Bangladesh v New Zealand in a midweek day nighter at the Oval. Glamorous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: