Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘Peaky Bounders’. (Aussie cheats)  (Read 14101 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 18:45:40 »

And still not one single word from the coach, Lehmann, on the issue. This whole squad is tainted by this, even those genuinely with no knowledge of what was happening.

Stuart Broad made a good point, if this was the only occasion they have tampered with the ball, why now? They destroyed England in Oz and were swinging the ball in SA. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Almost certain they were up to it in the Ashes as well.
REDBUCK

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 18:55:16 »

And still not one single word from the coach, Lehmann, on the issue. This whole squad is tainted by this, even those genuinely with no knowledge of what was happening.

Stuart Broad made a good point, if this was the only occasion they have tampered with the ball, why now? They destroyed England in Oz and were swinging the ball in SA. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Almost certain they were up to it in the Ashes as well.
[/quote/]

Broad not exactly saintly when it comes to cheating though is he.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 19:29:56 »

Cricket Australia looking at minimising the damage to the team by heaping it all on Smith, Warner and Bancroft.

Even Lehmann remains coach. How only those 3 can comprise ‘the leadership group’ is distinctly dodgy. The senior bowlers must have known someone was tampering with the ball.

Pass the whitewash.

So the walkie talkie conversation between Lehmann and Handscomb was completely innocent as well?  Hmmm

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 12:34:39 »

2 x 12 month bans and one x 9 month ban, then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43565737

I still find it hard to believe Lehmann knew nothing of it and strange that none of the other members of the leadership group spoke up.  Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 13:04:12 »

2 x 12 month bans and one x 9 month ban, then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43565737

I still find it hard to believe Lehmann knew nothing of it and strange that none of the other members of the leadership group spoke up.  Hmmm

Any reason why Warner seems to have been banned from leadership for life, but the other two just a couple of years?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 13:09:00 »

Any reason why Warner seems to have been banned from leadership for life, but the other two just a couple of years?

It appears that Warner was the instigator:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22940383/cricket-australia-says-sandpaper-was-used-tamper-not-sticky-tape-cameron-bancroft-claimed

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22939470/steven-smith-david-warner-banned-12-months-cricket-australia

Personally, I would make the three of them wear sandpaper in their pants for the duration of the bans!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 13:11:00 by Private Fraser » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:35:17 »

It gets better.

Steve Smith breaks down in tears during an interview.

What a pussy
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:47:20 »

It gets better.

Steve Smith breaks down in tears during an interview.

What a pussy

It's kinda traditional for prematurely outgoing Aussie captains:

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:08:47 »

Interesting that both Smith and Bancroft have faced the media and Warner hasn't, he really comes up as a grade 1 arsehole. Smith either cries bloody oddly or he was putting it on a bit!

Noticeable that Vaughan has come out and said Smith and Bancroft are 'decent guys', no mention of Warner!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:33:00 »

Lehmann resigns. Thrown himself on a sharpened stump.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:52:31 »

Somerset have now binned Bancroft.  I understand why, but I'd have kept him...  someone probably Surrey will recruit Steve Smith.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:11:37 »

Somerset have now binned Bancroft.  I understand why, but I'd have kept him...  someone probably Surrey will recruit Steve Smith.

I’d have thought he was perfect for Somerset, would give Brian Rose a run for his money in abusing the spirit of the game Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:18:49 »

I’d have thought he was perfect for Somerset, would give Brian Rose a run for his money in abusing the spirit of the game Wink

All cidermen, are paragons of virtue, with respect to the spirit of the game... OK there might be an occasional misunderstanding, like declaring in the first over of a one dayer to ensure qualification, but Ian Botham is a busy man. Also it was at Worcester, where the members were probably asleep anyway so wouldn't have minded.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:24:51 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 15:43:13 »

Somerset have now binned Bancroft.  I understand why, but I'd have kept him... 

I'm surprised that you would keep him.  Employing him during his suspension in Australia is surely undermining their punishment and therefore effectively condoning ball tampering?

Compared to other historical penalties the length of suspensions seems pretty harsh and I for one couldn't give a toss.  We've had to listen to years of Australia holding themselves and their shitty green baggies as being the epitome of everything good and honourable that the game stands for when in reality their on-field antics are borderline cheating and they are the world's biggest whiners when they lose.  Amazed that Vaughan stands up for that snivelling little toe-rag Smith.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 15:54:00 »

I'm surprised that you would keep him.  Employing him during his suspension in Australia is surely undermining their punishment and therefore effectively condoning ball tampering?

Compared to other historical penalties the length of suspensions seems pretty harsh and I for one couldn't give a toss.  We've had to listen to years of Australia holding themselves and their shitty green baggies as being the epitome of everything good and honourable that the game stands for when in reality their on-field antics are borderline cheating and they are the world's biggest whiners when they lose.  Amazed that Vaughan stands up for that snivelling little toe-rag Smith.

What the Aussies choose to do is their business.... but my feeling is these are fellas who've fucked up, and there needs to be a punishment, but it's got to be proportionate to the sin. 

I don't really see any reason why Somerset should wade in with additional punishment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: