Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport County v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 37461 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:09:30 »

still in with a shot of play offs?

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:09:41 »

I think you can put those ideas of having a chance to one side.  Too many teams above us, you can catch one or two if you are lucky, but don't have a solid enough foundation as a team to even look like winning 3 on the bounce.  Even if we did, the teams above are too many with too many games in hand as well, they will get enough points.

We're still 9th. Cov and Lincoln play each other. Mansfield will go back to their equal shitness (that's my opinion). Yes I probably have put it on the shelf for the season but there still remains several variables and everyone is pretty shit.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:12:13 »

I am like Spongebob but I don't smoke unfortunately.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:12:33 »

Lincoln are not, in my opinion, going to get less than 6 points from their 5 games.  That mean swe won't catch them.
Coventry are equally likely to get enough with an extra game on top of the goal difference and points gap.
Mansfield might dip again, but we have to get maximum points almost to jump them as well - which will be irrelevant anyway because of the other two.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:13:41 »

Just need to clear the books and get shot of all of them..  start again..
Pretty much.

I would keep Taylor, Banks (if we can sign him), Richards, Woolery (shows some promise), Preston, Mullin, Henry, Knoyle and Conroy if he can get back to fitness.

Jury's still out on Purkiss, Anderson, Dunne, Linganzi, McDermott, Norris, Iandolo and Lancashire, replace them if decent replacements come up cheaply.

Definately get rid of RCC, Moore, Robertson, McGivern.

Priority for next season, get back Vigs or another decent keeper, get a left back who can defend, at least 1 if not 2 centre backs, a tackling holding midfielder, an run with the ball attacking midfielder, and a target man.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:14:16 »

Different season - same old shite. Some of the performances really have plumbed the depths of ineptitude.

The only ones I’d keep are Conroy, Preston, Knoyle, Mullin

For all his good points, Taylor is a liability defensively. The midfield has been a shambles all season.

Hussey can fuck off. Dunne and Lunganzi can fuck off. Banks can fuck off. Anderson can fuck off. Woolery can fuck off. Norris can fuck off. Don’t get me started on those 2 keepers. They can both fuck off. Purkiss can fuck off. Lancashire can fuck off. Robertson can fuck off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:14:32 »

At least Nicky Hammonds consortium will sort it out... 
Hmmm

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:14:54 »

At last the season is over! (Not mathematically but realistically).

It sounds like there is more fight off the field than on with these players.

We’ve really missed Conroy and Preston this season.

I think that is a bit unfair, we are not out of this because we don;t have a bunch a players of willing to put the effort in.  It is more a combination of shit management, shit level of talent, bad organisation and unfortunate issue of central defenders falling over themselves to visit hospitals.  They tried today, I will give them that, they were just shit.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:17:29 »

Lincoln are not, in my opinion, going to get less than 6 points from their 5 games.  That mean swe won't catch them.
Coventry are equally likely to get enough with an extra game on top of the goal difference and points gap.
Mansfield might dip again, but we have to get maximum points almost to jump them as well - which will be irrelevant anyway because of the other two.

That's all fair and we do have to win our remaining three games. I just think with Lincoln and Cov playing each other, whoever loses that could wobble. It's more of a tease if anything that we do still have some sort of an outside outside chance. I'd much rather the season did finish today.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:18:07 »

I think that is a bit unfair, we are not out of this because we don;t have a bunch a players of willing to put the effort in.  It is more a combination of shit management, shit level of talent, bad organisation and unfortunate issue of central defenders falling over themselves to visit hospitals.  They tried today, I will give them that, they were just shit.

I was being a bit pedantic based on the Hussey punch but you are right, they put in the effort, they are just inept.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:18:47 »

Yes the effort is there in 90% of games (about what you expect at this level TBH) but the quality is missing, the final ball in the box, the final tackle, the final poke of the ball into the net.

Yes we are in div 4 but other teams in this league have players capable of doing those things on smaller budgets than ours.

First and foremost lets sort out if PB is going to be with us next season or not and work from there, I have a gut feeling he won't stay.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:19:02 »

Different season - same old shite. Some of the performances really have plumbed the depths of ineptitude.

The only ones I’d keep are Conroy, Preston, Knoyle, Mullin

For all his good points, Taylor is a liability defensively. The midfield has been a shambles all season.

Hussey can fuck off. Dunne and Lunganzi can fuck off. Banks can fuck off. Anderson can fuck off. Woolery can fuck off. Norris can fuck off. Don’t get me started on those 2 keepers. They can both fuck off. Purkiss can fuck off. Lancashire can fuck off. Robertson can fuck off.

I'm sort of with you.  I think a good coach will eventually get something from Woollery, but it looks like he has been allowed to develop with a sole reliance on pace.

Richards is worth keeping around, he at least has a strikers instinct, but needs to be played in the right partnership, good squad player maybe.

Taylor - for all his good points, I think he is on the verge of the end of his career now.  He is a ghost in defence and that is our biggest issue.  If we had even an average defence to fall back on this year we'd be in the play offs.  We might not look like banging 5 in during a game, but we have scored enough to be up there, but you cannot concede the amount we do and stay in the hunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:36:37 »

They tried ... they were just shit.

If ever we need a strapline for the season highlights video...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:48:31 »

At last the season is over! (Not mathematically but realistically).

It sounds like there is more fight off the field than on with these players.

We’ve really missed Conroy and Preston this season.

Realistically the season was over after the Chesterfield game.... we'll never probably know the full truth as to why Flitters left, but it certainly didn't suggest he had any great faith in the Power project going forward.

There 's still plenty to play for.... despite what Bambi thinks we're in a dangerous place.  We don't need the wheels falling off, as the main positive of this season is that we've halted the slide, and been at least competitve in most games.  This has meant we've been around the Po's slots without quite managing to look wholly convincing.  It probably won't take too much off field chaos to throw that achievement away.  So a couple of good shows at the CG would at least suggest all is not lost.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:49:32 »

PB seems to me like he's talking about a future at Town. Said he can improve this team and make it better but he needs a transfer window. Talks highly of the fans and apologises to all 923 of them. Says they have wasted their money coming today (in a very sympathetic manner). He's disgusted with the performance. Wants players that put their heads into challenges.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 16:57:25 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: