Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38064 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:34:21 »

Going back, to a season just before then.... my mind wanders to 82, which ended up with the notorious Newport relegation game, when many (including some on here) got a free night's accommodation courtesy of Heddlu de Cymru.

The game which sticks was at Elm Park in Feb.... the crowd was 4,100 and there were 41 arrests.  It ended 1-1, it was Ken Beamish's only start...  John Trollope fielded a side where 8 players came through the youth system.  In the Reading XI were Kerry Dixon and Neil Webb, both of whom went on to play for Engand.

Yes, remember the police moaning on the news that they were still chucking town fans out of Newport on the following day.

Was at that Reading game. Beamish missed an open goal.
A Blackburn supporting mate said that he was known for missing sitters during his time there.
Always wonder what would have happened if Lowndes Lambert hadn't stepped in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #241 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 13:08:57 »

There should be a 1681 club reunion.  Smiley
Have to take off the 1 on the end as my dad is no longer with us, but his ashes are under the goal at the Town End so that will count I guess Smiley

I remember that game quite well, I was stood with Rob Hartley (200,000 consecutive Town games etc etc or something like that!) the whole game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #242 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 13:58:46 »

I was drinking in a social club when those Cobblers fans came in - lost me pint as well. Mind you, they got it back in spades when we went there under Macari.
Horrible set of fans them Cobblers, my mate Sid Sellars had a glass smashed in his face while playing pool when it kicked off in the clubhouse.

We do have a bit of history with Cobblers fans, the smashed up the CGH as well the season before at the end of the season game when they thrashed us 5-1, Bob Champion rode Aldaniti(I think) round the pitch before that match too.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #243 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 14:43:18 »

Have to take off the 1 on the end as my dad is no longer with us, but his ashes are under the goal at the Town End so that will count I guess Smiley

I remember that game quite well, I was stood with Rob Hartley (200,000 consecutive Town games etc etc or something like that!) the whole game.
Rob Hartley - The Legend.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #244 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 16:09:03 »

Rob Hartley - The Legend.
Rob is a good lad, I have known him since I was about 16 and he was around 14.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #245 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 17:32:55 »

Rob is a good lad, I have known him since I was about 16 and he was around 14.
Absolutely top bloke
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 20:04:54 »

I was drinking in a social club when those Cobblers fans came in - lost me pint as well. Mind you, they got it back in spades when we went there under Macari.

That train window smash was caused by another train going past with a door open. If that had happened now I壇 have thought a bomb had gone off!

Like you, I used to go to nearly every game in those days, but I honestly can稚 remember much about any of them. I was generally well pissed up mind.

Only went to have a game of pool.
Met up with Sid this season simply walking through Town.
Carlisle and the Burnley specials were memorable.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 21:02:14 »

As was Wrexham.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 22:12:45 »

As was Wrexham.
What a nightmare that was.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #249 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:27:01 »

I haven't seen Sid for about 15 years he still has the scar on his face from the bottle smash.

Loved the old BR specials, I remember going the ones to Wrexham, Carlisle, Burnley, Liverpool, Rovers, Shitty and Crystal Palace for the play off in 89 when it was delayed and we all missed almost all the first half but arriived just in time to see Ian Wright score the 2nd.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:09:12 »

Absolutely top bloke

BBC seem to love him, not the best of co-commentators though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #251 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:17:24 »

Loved the old BR specials, I remember going the ones to Wrexham, Carlisle, Burnley, Liverpool, Rovers, Shitty and Crystal Palace for the play off in 89 when it was delayed and we all missed almost all the first half but arriived just in time to see Ian Wright score the 2nd.
I can remember the specials to Liverpool, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Torquay, Slave Trade Central and Aldershot. They were always messy.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #252 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:59:09 »

I can remember the specials to Liverpool, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Torquay, Slave Trade Central and Aldershot. They were always messy.
And always full, good cheap way of getting to away games.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 13:03:07 »

Also had some good away days with those Persil (?) vouchers for train tickets.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 14:09:15 »

Also had some good away days with those Persil (?) vouchers for train tickets.

Weirdly I watched Danny Dyer's real Football Factories on Netflix yesterday and Cass Pennant was talking about those persil vouchers. Its how West Ham's 'ICF' firm came to fruition.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: