Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38075 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:18:52 »

I have watched the equaliser a couple of times and still don't know how the ref or lino didn't see the handball as it hit his chest, he almost grabbed hold of the ball with both hands.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:32:09 »

Good spot. Didnt notice that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:43:55 »

Me neither. Don't remember us appealing it either?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:56:05 »

Me neither. Don't remember us appealing it either?
The highlights don't show our players they zoom in on the scorer but watch it on the replay he clearly handles it.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:57:09 »

Disappointing that it's a 4 v 1 and he still manages to score and I think it was a free header from Lurch to set it up?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:59:39 »

Disappointing that it's a 4 v 1 and he still manages to score and I think it was a free header from Lurch to set it up?
We looked very disjointed at the back when Lancashire went off, I think McGivern won only 1 or 2 headers when he came on, defensively we were not great last night, Lancashire took a kick early on and was not running freely all game which is a shame he had to go off as he was coping ok with their massive striker.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 15:03:53 »

The highlights don't show our players they zoom in on the scorer but watch it on the replay he clearly handles it.

It's always said over the course of a season these things equal out..... back in August Carlisle thought Mullin punched the ball in for our winner.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 15:09:18 »

It's always said over the course of a season these things equal out..... back in August Carlisle thought Mullin punched the ball in for our winner.
They did think that but the replay for that clearly shows he didn't.

I know they are supposed to even out over a season but I think we can feel hard done by to concede like that TBH.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 15:22:54 »

They also don't even out over a season. That's total bollocks. Granted their will be decisions which have gone for us and other which have gone against us. The theory that every club finishes on a level playing field in that regard after 46 games is highly highly unlikely. It's the usual line that's trotted out by the press but doesn't stand up to any form of scrutiny.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 16:05:04 »

They also don't even out over a season. That's total bollocks. Granted their will be decisions which have gone for us and other which have gone against us. The theory that every club finishes on a level playing field in that regard after 46 games is highly highly unlikely. It's the usual line that's trotted out by the press but doesn't stand up to any form of scrutiny.

Would you care to reveal your scrutiny  Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 16:55:11 »

Chesterfield as well with our last minute penalty award.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 16:56:45 »

Would you care to reveal your scrutiny  Hmmm

Well....say we’ve had 8 in our favour and only 5 go against us with 4 games left, do the ref’s get told? Also what happens if Newport are in a similar position on Saturday? It’s impossible to say. It’s just a statement that gets trotted out to basically tell people to stop moaning. The only thing that happens over the course of a season is that misstakes happen both ways and as a season is so long we’ve forgotten about many of them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 17:12:35 »

Just watched the highlights on Skysports website and I agree with you, looked a blatant handball.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 17:48:36 »

Just watched the highlights on Skysports website and I agree with you, looked a blatant handball.
I couldn't see the refs position but the linesmans view was blocked.

Ah well all water under the bridge as they say.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 18:01:37 »

Would you care to reveal your scrutiny  Hmmm

I would actually imagine there is a degree of positive bias.  So those teams attacking/dominating are likely to get decisions go for them - similar to Rugby union where the scrum that seems to be pushing forward gets more penalty decisions.  The refs are just humans and will allow such things to influence decisions - for plenty of years it was "perceived" at least that Man Utd got a lot of decisions in their favour.  Reputations the higher you go up probably also have some influence.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: