Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38068 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 21:42:52 »

Don’t mean to be funny but if you read the last 4 match game threads you always say Swindon are the better team and deserved to win.  It reminds me a little of Mark Lawrenson who every week predicts Liverpool to win. Based on your posts, Swindon should be top of the league and doing a Man City.

I just think you are a little biased towards Swindon (which is fair enough as you support them).  I just read other people’s posts on this forum and they seem to have watched a similar game to me and are not frightened to say Swindon were shit or didn’t deserve to win.

Swindon did not dominate the game tonight and a team going for the playoffs should be beating teams like Yeovil who have nothing to play for. I think Yeovil had players missing as well from red cards on Saturday.

I appreciate PB is changing the way we play and am glad we have him over Flitcroft. None the less Swindon got a fair result tonight.

Don’t mean to be funny but if you read nearly all the game threads when we've lost or drawn this season you always say Town are rubbish and deserved to lose/draw.  It reminds me a little of Alan Hansen who every week predicts you don't win nothing with kids. Based on your posts, Town should be bottom of the national league and doing a Guiseley.

I just think you are a little biased towards any other team (which is a bit odd as you don't support them).  I just read other people’s posts on this forum and they seem to have watched a different game to you and are not frightened to say Town were hard working or didn’t have the final quality but possibly still should've won.

Town did dominate much of the game tonight and for a team going for the playoffs, it can always be difficult to beat a team like Yeovil, who have nothing to play for. Much like Mansfield drawing with Stevenage and Coventry losing 2-6 to...Yeovil. I think Yeovil had players missing as well from red cards on Saturday but we also have our fair share of unfortunate injuries, so these things can even out, even if it depreciates both squads.

I like the way PB is changing the way we play and am delighted we have him over Flitcroft, albeit it could be an appointment the wrong side of the transfer window. Nonetheless, Town got a shafted by a handball and 2-1 should've been the result tonight.

Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 21:43:15 »

Seen the second goal again (shoutout to @jiff1967 for continuing to do the lords work). Not sure you can label much blame at McGovern for it- he’s gone to win the first header and got clattered by an off the ball runner. Fingers need to be pointed at purkiss (who hasn’t really shone at CB) and Hussey (who can’t really defend ful stop) for standing around with their fingers up their arse, far too slow to react.

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 21:50:36 »

Sorry Venks, but tonight I don't have much argument with Yeovil getting a point. We probably edged it but they always looked like they would score. The equaliser was always coming at that time, and we didn't really ever look comfortable at the back. We were OK going forward, though didn't create that much clear cut to be honest.
This.

In some ways it’s been like watching a child shoehorn pliable plastic shapes into corresponding holes of different sizes. Some times they fit perfectly other times not at all and sometimes they fit because they’ve been brutally forced.

Time for a radical overhaul of pretty much everything. I get the feeling that Brown is the type of manager we need. The players, no, Brown would need a clean sheet of paper to rewrite the clubs future from where it’s going at the moment. Power has to step up to the plate and pull a genie out the hat to attract the calibre of manager to not only get us out of this cesspit of a league but carry us through to the championship. Fuck me, no disrespect but if the likes of Burton can get into the Championship then why can’t the we’re to big for this league STFC do it?

Nice to see Twine make the first string.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 21:54:34 »

Nice to see Twine make the first string.
Good work. He's the Wiltshire Bale
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:04:45 »

It's funny how people see a game so differently.  I thought we were the better team an didn't think Yeovil deserved a point at all.  We should have put the game oit of sight, but missed chances and shit defending has cost us again.

Massive overhaul needed again for next season.  There are very few in the team that I would keep.  When you'r best player is 36 and you are continually relying on him to dig you out of a hole, it's a sad state of affairs.

Rubbish crowd again.  I can see it dropping below 5,000 next season as season ticket sales have dropped considerably.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:24:23 »

Haven't read back..

Frustrating result as I thought we played well...

Story of of us and our season...Quite good but just not good enough!

Clems Army!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:25:58 »

I’ll say we were the better team on balance and deserved the win, IMO.

Whether lancs going off and the midfield looking decidedly more open were just coincidences, I’m not sure, but that seemed to be the turning point. That last 20 minutes was crying out for a linganzi type to muck in and break play up. We didn’t do that badly first half but we seemed to tire and it opened up in the middle for Yeovil to run at us.

If we’d have played with the increased aggression and on the front foot like we did for the most part tonight, I’d fancy we would have had 7 or 8 points out of the last 4 games rather than just 4, considering the shite we’ve played recently.

Enjoyed Twine’s performance, slipped through the fingers of Yeovil defenders plenty and got into great positions as a result. He’ll be rueing that first half miss.
My love for Taylor has only grown stronger this evening.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:27:31 »

Agree with Flash.

Plenty of positives but the usual result killing flaws.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:29:07 »

Club have been stringing him along.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:31:28 »

Some are saying he could be the next Jutekiewicz...

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:35:03 »

Ooooh, that's very subtle! But he's knot (that isn't)
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 22:42:53 »

Ooooh, that's very subtle! But he's knot (that isn't)

Quite, will probably have a fairly decent pro career and end up like the next David...Ball.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 23:06:10 »

That struck a cord.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 23:08:02 »

I expect PB is sisaling up his options for Saturday.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 23:41:42 »

Yew wood rope sew.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: