Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle matchday thread  (Read 43651 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:31:32 »

But with the appointment of the chap from waterford seemingly onto Power's payroll and his interest in the aussie club suggest he is looking to add another club to his stable, not sure how may other clubs out there are like Waterford in that put a bit of money in and they can be pushing for europe where the money is made, although they need to get to the group stages for any real money and I'm not sure if they can really achieve that short term.

See I read into that the complete opposite! His job was to find worldwide project opportunities or some bollocks wasn't it? So it seems like he wants to expand his footballing 'empire' elsewhere.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:33:33 »

Interestingly this came up when I was looking at something else on Wiki this morning...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs 
The difference in wealthy backers the higher up each league you go is pretty astronimcal.

Even if we got to the Championship then how could we compete with almost every backer having a wealth of between 500m and £16B! barring a couple of paupers like Norwich, Millwall, Hull and Sheff U whos combined total is a mere £750m.

Yes I know it doesn't always relate to how much they are willing to put into their "ventures" but having the money there if needed must be good.

There are a lot of figures missing in our league but I know Yeovils owner has a wealth of around £100m after selling Screwfix and Cheltenhams Paul Baker and Simon Keswick combined wealth of over £700m, Mansfields John Radford worth in excess of £200m (allegedly).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:34:32 »

Absolutely, the amount of "serious" buyers out there is extremely low in fact nobody has come forward even suggesting they will buy the club so I don't think selling now would be at all viable for Power.

I've said this before and have been met with the very fair response that we simply don't know who may be interested in buying us. We aren't for sale so it could be argued why would anyone come forward?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:36:25 »

I've said this before and have been met with the very fair response that we simply don't know who may be interested in buying us. We aren't for sale so it could be argued why would anyone come forward?
That is true but all I can think of is that nobody else came forward last time when Jed/Power bought the club so I am just inclined to think nothing along those lines has changed in the intermediate years.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:50:57 »

It doesn’t matter what the wealth of any owner is to some extent. It’s how much of that wealth they are prepared to invest in the club.

What was the motivation of that Russkie who bought Muff - apart from probable laundering. Why pick a pissy little 3rd division club with no history, no fan base and a Noddy stadium.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 13:54:52 »

That is true but all I can think of is that nobody else came forward last time when Jed/Power bought the club so I am just inclined to think nothing along those lines has changed in the intermediate years.

Other interested parties might have been put off by the timescale or maybe wanted the club put into administration first?

Apparently a buyer had been lined up in the previous summer but passed away if I recall.
Couldn't find a record of any altruistic billionaires keeling over in the summer of 2012.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:32:19 »

Are you sure? What about the debts? If Power is accurate in as much as we kind of have very little or none then i’d Say a lot has changed. What is more if he manages to get the free hold on SN1 then that again funadamentaly shifts the dynamic of the clubs desirability to third parties.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:34:49 »

Other interested parties might have been put off by the timescale or maybe wanted the club put into administration first?

Apparently a buyer had been lined up in the previous summer but passed away if I recall.
Couldn't find a record of any altruistic billionaires keeling over in the summer of 2012.
That is possible, the timescale was short for the takeover but surely an interested party wouldn't be put off by such things if they really were interested?

I had not heard the rumour you say about a buyer being lined up, that one did not make its way down to Somerset...interesting, or was it just fan talk? enlighten me WB as I have not heard of that before. I am now intreagued!

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:35:35 »

I always assumed that the potential owner who passed away was Nigel Eady?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:48:11 »

Certainly he's going to struggle to find an Australian club to buy that will be able to push for Europe ....

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:52:04 »

Are you sure? What about the debts? If Power is accurate in as much as we kind of have very little or none then i’d Say a lot has changed. What is more if he manages to get the free hold on SN1 then that again funadamentaly shifts the dynamic of the clubs desirability to third parties.

Well the fuck off great big debt to Black still remains to be paid if anything is ever done to the ground, plus (and I cannot be arsed to look) if Power has paid off the 'debts' by 'loans' its essentially going to be the same thing if he sells?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:54:15 »

I always assumed that the potential owner who passed away was Nigel Eady?

He died in January 2012?

I vaguely recall the lined up buyer, but always suspected it was a bit of a myth to pacify the fan base, that or perhaps he got scared off by the debts from 1850 that the club had to pay off?

Edit - found this which seems to suggest that the Eady executors cannot give the money to the Trust without the club ratifying any such decision, which rather changes the complexion of things?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13492984.It_s_Eady_money_for_Town/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:59:52 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 14:55:11 »

What was the motivation of that Russkie who bought Muff - apart from probable laundering. Why pick a pissy little 3rd division club with no history, no fan base and a Noddy stadium.

He could probably have got much the same with us and cheaper!  Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 15:39:25 »

That is possible, the timescale was short for the takeover but surely an interested party wouldn't be put off by such things if they really were interested?

I had not heard the rumour you say about a buyer being lined up, that one did not make its way down to Somerset...interesting, or was it just fan talk? enlighten me WB as I have not heard of that before. I am now intreagued!
From Andrew Black shortly after PDC jumped ship. Looks like the deal, in 2011, wouldn't have been sanctioned by the league anyway.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10245156.Black_reveals_all_on_Twitter/

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 15:47:59 »

From Andrew Black shortly after PDC jumped ship. Looks like the deal, in 2011, wouldn't have been sanctioned by the league anyway.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10245156.Black_reveals_all_on_Twitter/
Cheers WB passed me by totally!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: