Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle matchday thread  (Read 43643 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 16:09:14 »

How many times is Matty T going to put a cross in at the post before there's someone actually there  No

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 16:22:45 »

How many times is Matty T going to put a cross in at the post before there's someone actually there  No

you would think a lump like Norris would be perfect for the the crosses we put in. imagine a Paul Benson/barry corr in this side.

it's disappointing again. but yet again we are still in the mix and until we aren't we need to think that we can do it. a clean sheet is an obvious bonus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 16:52:55 »

Not sure what to say really.

The only real action in the first half was winding up their #3. Oh we had one that looked to have been cleared off the line, but other than that...

Second half we lumped the ball in the box a billion times, but never really looked like scoring. They put in a shift, but it wasn't quite enough.

The league table looks tantalising, but we don't look like a team making the playoffs to me right now. The trouble is, I bet fans of all three of us after that 7th place are saying the same. Still Coventry's to lose though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 16:55:18 »

you would think a lump like Norris would be perfect for the the crosses we put in. imagine a Paul Benson/barry corr in this side.

it's disappointing again. but yet again we are still in the mix and until we aren't we need to think that we can do it. a clean sheet is an obvious bonus

Shouldn’t Richard be thriving on the service?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 17:05:15 »

Shouldn’t Richard be thriving on the service?

he should and has looked poor recently. obviously not fit but not much choice to play. the more we don't lool like scoring it's  whether we throw a twine on and see what happens. he should be on as sub at least the more the others fail to make an impact of the bench 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 17:18:35 »

The thing I'm surprised is that PB hasn't brought in an out of contract CAM or Forward. I know when Richards clicks he's great but we can't rely on just him and if he's carrying a slight injury too. In any case I agree, while we're still in the play off hunt we can still do it. Plenty of twists and turns yet to come.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 17:21:09 »

We have struggled all season to break teams down at home and not won by more than a single goal for nearly all our wins at home.

Maybe the Flitcroft hoofball disguised that actually we never had goals in us in the first place and with Flitcroft gone that gap is now exposed.

The only saviour is other teams are getting the jitters and there is still time to do a late sneak into the playoffs. We have never done that in our history before.

Sent from my HTC U11
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 17:23:51 »

We have never done that in our history before.

So history is telling us that this is our chance/turn to break that trend Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 17:52:36 »

3 draws is like a win, according to Luke, Chap 1 Verse 1.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 19:29:00 »

Another game where we got plenty of crosses in and yet again mostly shite. Taylor put plenty of effort in but was crap. Richards was crap. both of them, however, are owed the odd poor performance. Woollery was dogshit with no presence matched by Anderson who despite coming off the bench put in less effort than Taylor and Richards.
Moore did most things well and was pretty solid. Purkiss and Lancashire were both more than decent. Knoyle was ok. Hussey, like Taylor couldn't cross and has had better days.
McDermott was my MOM. Banks was crap first half but good second. Dunne looks a completely different player since Brown arrived and I thought he had a decent game.
Wasn't as bad as other games but its not going to pack them in. There is still very little entertainment on offer.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:18:04 »

Did anybody catch what Power had to say in his pre match chat on the radio?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:48:44 »

Bits, one interesting point was it is the club trying buying the ground as an asset not Lee Power.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:50:50 »

Bits, one interesting point was it is the club trying buying the ground as an asset not Lee Power.
Aren't they one and the same.
REDBUCK

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:51:54 »

Did anybody catch what Power had to say in his pre match chat on the radio?

It's been a few hours but:,

1. Shocked by Flitcroft decision, timing not good
 2. Brown top of list, deal done pretty quickly. Whole club seems to have had a lift.
3. Happy for Taylor to run the team for that week while looked at options. Disappointed with performance v cheltenham so went with new man
4. The football club have presented to council re ground, waiting for response. Expected in summer following elections and other council internal meetings.
5. Only real option for club going forward whether he's owner or not.
6. Pleased with lowish Agent fees as trying to run club as a business hence £2 million top up this season unlike previous owners, hence previous administrations.
7. Disappointed with recent results but still aiming for playoffs. All owners can now see all games live on a laptop thanks to EFL.
8. Next season plans, contracts, budgets, manager all up in air due to unknown end of season position. Understands fans reluctance re season tickets if league still unknown, may not renew if Div 4
REDBUCK

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:53:48 »

Aren't they one and the same.

He implied that if he wasn't the owner the ground would go with the club.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: