Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle matchday thread  (Read 43909 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:57:58 »

It's been a few hours but:,

1. Shocked by Flitcroft decision, timing not good
 2. Brown top of list, deal done pretty quickly. Whole club seems to have had a lift.
3. Happy for Taylor to run the team for that week while looked at options. Disappointed with performance v cheltenham so went with new man
4. The football club have presented to council re ground, waiting for response. Expected in summer following elections and other council internal meetings.
5. Only real option for club going forward whether he's owner or not.
6. Pleased with lowish Agent fees as trying to run club as a business hence £2 million top up this season unlike previous owners, hence previous administrations.
7. Disappointed with recent results but still aiming for playoffs. All owners can now see all games live on a laptop thanks to EFL.
8. Next season plans, contracts, budgets, manager all up in air due to unknown end of season position. Understands fans reluctance re season tickets if league still unknown, may not renew if Div 4
Thanks for this. Much appreciated. Some very interesting points.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 06:41:19 »

Late thoughts, back in Devon now!  We went Exec as a birthday celebration - excellent food but service left a bit to be desired!!  Disappointing game, plentry of endeavour but once again no end product.  Surprised to see certain comments re McDermot - I thought he added very little to the team but it is all aboiut opinions!  Thought Moore looked better today, although Brown was getting frustrated with him not releasing the ball quickly, hardly won anything in the air in the final third but persisted in hitting long high balls up to non-existent hold-up guys.  Disappointed in Woollery, has the ability be a great no. 10 just behind the front two.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 08:17:06 »

Bits, one interesting point was it is the club trying buying the ground as an asset not Lee Power.

How is that surprising when that’s been the line communicated every single time this has been brought up?

Things get better but they never get good
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 09:47:06 »

Is RCC injured or just shit?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 10:34:58 »

Is RCC injured or just shit?

Both I think.

In fairness to Moore, without doing anything special, he played well yesterday. Took crosses, held shots and got his kicks away. He still sticks too closely to his line, and is certainly not a long term first choice, but hopefully it gives him a bit of a boost for the next few games.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 10:47:14 »

I thought that considering our league two status we played like an average league two team playing at home. Plenty of endeavour, especially in the second half but no real quality, simple. However PB dressed up the next fixture on the radio it IS a must win game. We do not have the luxury of ten games to kick on we have five. The team cannot solely rely on other teams to drop points as sure they will. Still optimistic but nothing more. The last game of the season at home to Accy needing a win fills me with foreboding. If AS have won the league, they’re not going to want to have us piss on their fireworks by just turning up and rolling over for us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 10:57:52 »

I am still surprised that we have not won any of our last 4 games yet are still well and truly in the play off mix.

A win Tuesday and we will be right back into thick of it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:00:54 »

In fairness to Moore, without doing anything special, he played well yesterday. Took crosses, held shots and got his kicks away. He still sticks too closely to his line, and is certainly not a long term first choice, but hopefully it gives him a bit of a boost for the next few games.

The only fault with his display yesterday was that he was not quick enough releasing the ball. On a couple of occasions Woolery and Richards were two on two and an early kick could have put real pressure on their defence. At one stage Brown gesticulated to him to get it moving quicker.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:08:26 »

I am still surprised that we have not won any of our last 4 games yet are still well and truly in the play off mix.

A win Tuesday and we will be right back into thick of it.

Yeovil are better on the road than at Huish Park, they're won their last 2 at ColU and then put 6 on Cov.   We've a 100% losing record for Tuesday nights at the CG for this season. In other words a very difficult game, from which a winning outcome would be a surprise.  Hopefully suspensions for the Glovers might help.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:18:08 »

Yeovil are better on the road than at Huish Park, they're won their last 2 at ColU and then put 6 on Cov.   We've a 100% losing record for Tuesday nights at the CG for this season. In other words a very difficult game, from which a winning outcome would be a surprise.  Hopefully suspensions for the Glovers might help.
They may have won their last 2 but thats 50% of all the away games they have won this season, they have lost 10 on their travels.

Their fans are very optimistic though about beating us, but then they were before the game at Huish.

Their current form is LLLLDWWL

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:31:02 »

They may have won their last 2 but thats 50% of all the away games they have won this season, they have lost 10 on their travels.

Their fans are very optimistic though about beating us, but then they were before the game at Huish.

In the early part of the season their home form was decent, away terrible, that's turned round to some extent. 

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:34:52 »

Ignore him, it's the usual selective bullshit. Our "100% Tuesday night losing record" amounts to 2 narrow defeats against promotion-chasing teams, the most recent of which was in mid-October.

In any case, those stretch back to the days when our old chum "Flitters" was in charge. You know, the one who was going to lead Mansfield on to automatic promotion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 11:43:49 »

Ignore him, it's the usual selective bullshit. Our "100% Tuesday night losing record" amounts to 2 narrow defeats against promotion-chasing teams, the most recent of which was in mid-October.

In any case, those stretch back to the days when our old chum "Flitters" was in charge. You know, the one who was going to lead Mansfield on to automatic promotion.

Nevertheless it is a 100% losing midweek home record.  Similarly when Flitters left we were in the PO slots and now we're not.

No point crying over spilt milk... I for one won't blame Brown if he can't get us up.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 12:26:04 »

Nevertheless it is a 100% losing midweek home record.  Similarly when Flitters left we were in the PO slots and now we're not.

No point crying over spilt milk... I for one won't blame Brown if he can't get us up.

With Reg on this one... I felt we were a top ten side but not quite good enough to go up before Flitters fucked off.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 12:29:36 »

I think it was Robert T that said during the Crawley game that it was clear that it was going to take time for us to be able to change the way we play.

He has made us harder to beat but clearly we are struggling to create clear cut chances. Hopefully his ideas are being taken on board and it will click on Tuesday night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: