Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steak in Swindon?  (Read 6828 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 12:59:54 »

If I paid 25 quid for a steak, here or in Blighty, I'd want it to be fucking amazing.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 14:04:49 »

For that price I can get one of these:

https://m.texasroadhouse.com/menu/legendary-food.aspx?section=steaks&item=porterhouse-t-bone

and have some change

the problem I found is that I had to abandon the sides towards the end to enable me to polish off the steak.  It probably did not help that I had gone for a cup of chilli as the starter.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 16:29:29 »

A fillet in La Carbonara is the best steak I've had in Swindon

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 16:35:59 »

If I paid 25 quid for a steak, here or in Blighty, I'd want it to be fucking amazing.

That was what I was expecting, hence my disapointment.  I have had expensive steaks all over the place, including the US which you kinda get why they were so expensive..  I didn't get that thought with my steak at M&C..  The Beef Dripping sauce on the other hand..

You would expect if you have the most expensive steak on the menu for it to be pretty special, it wasn't..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 17:28:16 »

Thanks all, I've gone the dependable route of Italian in the end.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 20:08:14 »

For a decent steak in a nice environment - The Rat Trap in Stratton

I used to be Fatbury
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 20:10:45 »

Went to Miller & Carter, had the Rib Eye which is £25.  It was alright, but not a £25 steak.  I might have had it on a bad night for them though...

However, the beef dripping steak sauce is mental, and worth the £25 alone...  Really good, make sure you have that and you will not be disapointed..

THIS

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: