Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tablet Advice  (Read 3325 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:14:09 »

My Hudl 2 has expired (won't even take a charge now) and thus need a new one, needs to be similar size, run android and not cost a fortune (<£150/£200) if possible.

Use it to fuck around on Social media, watch iPlayer, BT Sports etc, nothing very exciting. Hudl was still doing fine before it died except was struggling for room for updates towards the end, although I don't download things to watch on it.

If it can be obtained from Amazon even better as it will be here quickly, but don't suggest a Fire as wife has one and its shit!

Knock yourselves out.....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:24:28 »

You said don't suggest a Fire, but my kids have one each and for £35 for a basic model nothing beats it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:29:12 »

You said don't suggest a Fire, but my kids have one each and for £35 for a basic model nothing beats it.

Missus has a new one and the young un uses her old one. She liked the older one but the newer version doesn't seem so good! Don't you only get a bastardised version of Google Store on them, I run things like Strava and Garmin Connect so I suppose I would have to run through what I can and cannot run on it?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 11:11:20 »

Only has access to the Amazon app store as default, but it took me 10 minutes to install Google Play and the relevant apps. Then install something like Nova Launcher (and LauncherHijack) and it functions like any other Android tablet.

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/
https://www.howtogeek.com/270022/how-to-use-a-different-home-screen-launcher-on-the-amazon-fire-tablet-without-rooting-it/
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 11:28:52 »

Just had a look at hers and its a Fire (5th generation) and the interface just seems bloody slow.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 13:21:30 »

Samdy has already told you how to replace the interface... That's the launcher bit from the post above.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 13:42:20 »

Samdy has already told you how to replace the interface... That's the launcher bit from the post above.

Apologies I have become my dad with technology matters!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 13:45:59 »

If you don't want to faff about with stuff then just buy an iPad.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 13:48:12 »

If you don't want to faff about with stuff then just buy an iPad.

Will not buy Apple stuff as its always been a pain the arse when I have had it iMAc and later a work iPhone), ordered a Fire 8 HD and we shall see.

ta muchly.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 14:49:47 »

Don't throw the Hudl out, the battery costs about £9 on eBay, and is fairly straightforward to replace. Makes a good backup/spare tablet.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 15:31:24 »

Is there any way of transferring STFC games on iFollow from my iPad into the TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: