Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39979 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:32:38 »

Williams is now on the radio. Why do I suddenly want to buy a rope and a step stool?

Bag of lime and spade too?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:33:31 »

don't understand the Brophy sub whatsoever. Dabo was doing fine, and Brophy didn't offer any more attacking threat.

i can't believe I'm going to say this but Noris should have been on making himself a nusence while we hoped the ball dropped to someone else in the box

The Brophy sub was the right one to make last game but as you said Dabo was fine today.

How depressing is it that we were all crying out for Norris. Thats how low we have become as a club when we want someone who has scored 6 goals in all comps
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:35:14 »

so the game. I'm on the mobile so just a mini report.

Walsall were compact and we were slightly better than them but neither team created many chances. They took theirs we didn't.

Gladwin went close with a great run and had an improved game, but in truth it always looked a struggle to score.. why the hell Goddard squared with the shot on is a mystery.

so so frustratingly close but my opinion is 4 points won't be enough. 6 or bust.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:35:30 »

Our goose has been cooked for many weeks. The issue in the coming close season now turns to the very existence of the club itself.

We will need to see some signs from Power that he has learned something about football, otherwise an Oxford/Rovers style drop to non league will be very much on the cards.

The current uncertainty about ownership of the CG is a major concern in such a developing scenario....it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a Torquay style catastrophe could unfold here.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:42:07 »

why the hell Goddard squared with the shot on is a mystery.

Probably because when he didn't square in the MK Dongs game he got hammered, even though I still think he did the right thing in shooting in that game..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:43:41 »

yeah i suppose it's a confidence thing. shame.
Malvern Red

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:50:46 »

Ajose won't be here next season,Obika doesn't give a flying f*** yet again Williams shows he tactical genius by bringing on Brophy "the 1 trick pony " Norris is under contract and if I was I'm be glad if Williams and Embleton finally get what they both deserve. We should of gone 3 upfront but Williams was only interested in playing for the draw after all "3 draws is a win" 😂😂 and there in lies our problem grow some f****** balls and just go for it you t*** Rant over !!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:01:09 »

Embarrassing looking at the league table & seeing how poor some of the sides within 8 - 10 points of us are. A good manager would have kept us up this season.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:04:23 »

Ajose won't be here next season,Obika doesn't give a flying f*** yet again Williams shows he tactical genius by bringing on Brophy "the 1 trick pony " Norris is under contract and if I was I'm be glad if Williams and Embleton finally get what they both deserve. We should of gone 3 upfront but Williams was only interested in playing for the draw after all "3 draws is a win" 😂😂 and there in lies our problem grow some f****** balls and just go for it you t*** Rant over !!!

There are ony about 3 of our first team that will be here next season, we really will be a team full of non-league players next season based on recent history of purchaing players..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:06:49 »

We already are.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:11:19 »

We already are.

With some important exceptions

Vigs, Obika, Kasim, Thompson.  Replace those players with non-league/youth players and we look even weaker than we do now.  That's a big chunk of football league experience being removed from your squad.

Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:14:19 »

Probably because when he didn't square in the MK Dongs game he got hammered, even though I still think he did the right thing in shooting in that game.

I would say square it every time with his goal record,Branco has scored as many in less games and as a defender.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:22:17 »

Hockaday and Parkin berating playing Ajose and Obika too wide.

Understand them starting that wide, but need to pull them in closer together after 20-30 mins so that they can play off eachother and the rest of the team can make chances for them.

Parkin just said he can count on one hand the amount of crosses he put in the box as a striker!

Yet, he'd need 15 hands to count how many goals he scored for us. Total boss.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:23:11 »

There are ony about 3 of our first team that will be here next season

....and thats at least 2 too many.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:24:48 »

The match stats say 19 - 8 in favour of Walsall in shots at goal.

The game was nowhere near as one sided as that, it's just that they took a pop as soon as they had a sight of goal, whereas we tried to create the perfect chance rather than shoot.

I guess there's an element of that being down to confidence, but can't help feeling its partly down to how the team are asked to play.

It's unreal that we aren't down yet.

I can see us beating Scunthorpe and then Port Vale & Bury winning as well Sad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: