Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39981 times)
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:02:44 »

Williams must go! We had to attack today from the start but yet again we wait until the last 10mins. I saw a stat that we havent scored before the 75th minute in 7 games.

You give credit when you can see they are trying to win a game but unfortunately we don't even seem to be trying. Williams has been happy to keep the unbeaten run going. Fuck the unbeaten run, win 1 and lose 1 is better than 2 drawers.

Once relegation is confirmed on saturday the following week only people who are under contract should play.

Ajose, obika, colkett - none of you care about the club (i think Gladwin does as he knows we are his only hope of signing for a football league team)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:02:45 »

Williams is now on the radio. Why do I suddenly want to buy a rope and a step stool?

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:04:09 »

Ross Embleton, when your team is on the verge of relegation don't expect a good reception you fucking twat @Official_STFC #stfc
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:06:29 »

not really, we are 2 points off safety, the others might not get another point and we could Hmmm
get a win in the last 2 games
I'll have some of what you're on !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
woolster

« Reply #94 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:08:07 »

I'll have some of what you're on !.
I don't think we can do it, But its still possible Pint Pint Pint
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:08:38 »

Poor old Swindon.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:09:03 »

Williams
- Big, big blow
- Still in same position points wise. So disappointing
- Wanted to defend to stay in the game as long as possible
- Put Goddard high up the pitch and Brophy as an attacking fullback but werent able to put the ball in the net
- Didnt want to give ourselves a mountain to climb in the game. We want to stay in contention and then should have the desire and energy to score late on
- Ajose and Gladwin had chances.
- Cant go charging forward all the time. Players need to keep the ball or it becomes like basketball
- Their goal. Tired legs from our defence
- Ended up playing with 3 defenders and no one else in that part of the pitch
- Pretty much 7 attacking players on the pitch
- Missed opportunity for us. We've put ourselves in this position where we've put huge pressure on ourselves. We have to make sure we stay in the game and stay aggressive. Walsall played the game well.
- Still think we can get back to back wins but we have a mountain to climb.
- Rather not tell the opposition what we are going to do, but we cant lose the plot an leave ourselves vulnerable
- Given different circumstances without huge pressure the players we have now could finish in a healthy league position.
- Difficult to judge as its taken some time to bed into a struggling team
- Cant be too critical of the team. They have run around and tried, but after such a late goal, its devastating and the body language showed that
- Williams praised the crowd today.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:10:13 »

Says a great deal about this shite division this season that we even have a chance of staying up

I come from a land down-under
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:13:10 »

Hockaday and Parkin berating playing Ajose and Obika too wide.

Understand them starting that wide, but need to pull them in closer together after 20-30 mins so that they can play off eachother and the rest of the team can make chances for them.

Parkin just said he can count on one hand the amount of crosses he put in the box as a striker!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:14:59 »

Williams
- Big, big blow
- Still in same position points wise. So disappointing
- Wanted to defend to stay in the game as long as possible
- Put Goddard high up the pitch and Brophy as an attacking fullback but werent able to put the ball in the net
- Didnt want to give ourselves a mountain to climb in the game. We want to stay in contention and then should have the desire and energy to score late on
- Ajose and Gladwin had chances.
- Cant go charging forward all the time. Players need to keep the ball or it becomes like basketball
- Their goal. Tired legs from our defence
- Ended up playing with 3 defenders and no one else in that part of the pitch
- Pretty much 7 attacking players on the pitch
- Missed opportunity for us. We've put ourselves in this position where we've put huge pressure on ourselves. We have to make sure we stay in the game and stay aggressive. Walsall played the game well.
- Still think we can get back to back wins but we have a mountain to climb.
- Rather not tell the opposition what we are going to do, but we cant lose the plot an leave ourselves vulnerable
- Given different circumstances without huge pressure the players we have now could finish in a healthy league position.
- Difficult to judge as its taken some time to bed into a struggling team
- Cant be too critical of the team. They have run around and tried, but after such a late goal, its devastating and the body language showed that
- Williams praised the crowd today.

Just fuck off you clueless twat! Wanted to defend to keep us in the game. We need to win games you bellend not be happy keeping clean sheets. On paper this team is capable but when you have the 'attackers' that we have we need to create 20 chances just to score 1! Ajose doesn't care about us, he would never have left us for Charlton if he did. Obika doesn't care and thats why he wants to leave. Norris is the only one who is effectively playing to stay in this division and when we are chasing the game and need a goal he leaves the striker on the bench. I think Norris is shit but he has to be a better striker than Branco
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:17:58 »

Can't just go charging forward all the time,
When the fuck as that ever happened?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:24:03 »

What a clusterf**k of a season, shambles after shambles led by the man at the top which has permeated through the whole club. Why is it that old players like Dave Hockaday and Steve White always seem to make the same observations regarding lack of work rate, lack of clinical finishing, lack of fitness and it goes on and on. Although there is still a slight glimmer of us getting out of relegation, I despair as to where we will be in 12 months time.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:27:18 »

Everyone above us must be thinking thank god Swindon are so shit.

When you fail to score in 180 minutes of football and get 2 points out of 9 you've got no hope.  Fucking pathetic.  

Hockaday saying we were set up negatively.  So clearly Williams was hoping for a 0-0 then? What's the point of having 2 strikers if they're not going to be utilised properly?

Did Power bother to make an appearance today?  He's been very quiet of late.  Complete wanker is the cause of this mess. Shit recruitment and failing to sack a shit manager.  I still believe if Williams had gone just before we slipped into the relegation places or immediately afterwards, we might have been ok. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:29:36 »

don't understand the Brophy sub whatsoever. Dabo was doing fine, and Brophy didn't offer any more attacking threat.

i can't believe I'm going to say this but Noris should have been on making himself a nusence while we hoped the ball dropped to someone else in the box
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 16:31:29 »

Sad day.

We managed an extra shot on target today...3...

More  chances than George Best and a Monopoly Board and we still fuck it up.

I'm amazed we've lasted so long...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: