Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 386135 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:20:10 »

Out of interest, what do you think will happen that is "fantastic", which couldn't have happened previously?

I know what wont happen (well as likely to anyway) The Land has a covenant on, and if in council hands some greedy bastard would one day no doubt find a way round it to build stuff on whilst lining their back pockets, leaving us playing god knows where.  It could still happen of course, but the thought of at least one politician/Councillor crying somewhere makes me happy in my thoughts.. As some shitbag will have broached it at some point, they cant help themselves.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:22:05 »

Today could mark a historic turning-point. Paul had it spot on about a stake for the Trust being the only insurance against the next asset-stripper. With Blackpool, Coventry, Bolton, Oxford et al to remind us to be grateful for small mercies, I'll be interested to hear what an individual share costs, and what it might offer beyond pride. It's a shame that this is happening just when the club and its active fan-base are at a more or less thirty-year low, as it makes it that much harder to raise the funds, but this is as close as we've come in my lifetime to taking a measure of control over our club's future. I hope I'll be able to do my bit.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:25:25 »

I don’t know why, but the amount of £500 comes to mind as a share. Whether this share can be a combination of, say, 5 people funding £100 each, I don’t know.

I’d do a ton.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:31:16 »

I don’t know why, but the amount of £500 comes to mind as a share. Whether this share can be a combination of, say, 5 people funding £100 each, I don’t know.

I’d do a ton.

Likewise, maybe more if I've had a good couple of months
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:35:30 »

The fan base already raises about 1.2m each spring in season ticket sales.  You'd like to think a lower premium would entice more than the season ticket base to engage, now knowing a defined end goal and target?  On top of that, I seem to remember mention of matched funding being available to a certain amount?  My credit card company will more than happily chase me for extra debt in a few months time on the Trusts behalf.  I wonder if I have to declare the foreign ownership of assets to the IRS though?  Maybe someone can set up a shell company and channel the money offshore :-)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:39:11 »

In fact, if everyone who went to watch Preston steam roller us had just put that money into this, we'd own ourselves a ground rather than having had to watch that misery!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 21:07:10 »

Reg. A genuine question. As a gentleman who clearly has plenty of time on his hands (& that isn't a dig but based on the amount of content you have posted on here) have you offered your services to the Trust in any way, shape or form?

Seconded. I’ll go further and ask will you be putting your Roubles where your keyboard is and investing with the trust?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #862 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 21:08:13 »

1,100,000 / 6000 (average attendance) is just over £180. Hardly unobtainable. I'll be buying at least one share.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 21:41:28 »

I'll be buying shares too.

Can't believe Reg getting stick either tbh. It is vitally important the Trust raise the necessary funds.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 21:51:29 »

Brilliant news, congratulations to the Trust board they have potentially pulled off the most significant advancement in fan influence in running the club in decades. We must all get behind this (so long as you can afford to obviously)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 22:11:29 »

Don't be silly Paul.  If someone leverages themselves into bankruptcy by funding this through credit cards at 25% APR, but sings their shares over a good couple of years before the courts come calling, I'm sure it will be fine.  Actually, I have a UK credit card, could always risk them never hunting me down - I jest Amex, honestly.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 22:55:43 »

an easy way to raise funds would be to provide some vision on the possible re-development that the trust initially talked about. A unique town end re-build I believe?

I will happily donate, but if they incorporated the above into a 'buy a brick' as an example then that is a memento that people buy into and can enjoy for years to come. a thought to put forward to people with trust contacts. 
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 08:09:18 »

an easy way to raise funds would be to provide some vision on the possible re-development that the trust initially talked about. A unique town end re-build I believe?

I will happily donate, but if they incorporated the above into a 'buy a brick' as an example then that is a memento that people buy into and can enjoy for years to come. a thought to put forward to people with trust contacts. 

I like that idea. Name and date of first game. For those that have passed first and last games maybe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 09:13:57 »

A lot of this stuff has been gone over many times on here... however here's something PaulD wrote earlier in the thread and Trust and ground stuff is something he knows a bit about..

My original response to Flasher's question of what happens if the Trust can't find the money, is answered here.  

You may regard Power as benevolent, and trustworthy of ground as well as club ownership, personally I'll carry on being sceptical.

Is it*, has it been stated that if the JV between the Trust and club fails as the Trust cannot find the cash then the ground will be automatically sold to the club alone, I haven't been party to the ins and outs of the deal but there does seem to be a lot of knicker twisting going on based on very limited information bar an insatiable need for pessimism?

* for the record as the quoting didn't pull PaulD's quote forward the question was not remotely answered there.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 09:16:29 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 09:52:43 »

Reg. A genuine question. As a gentleman who clearly has plenty of time on his hands (& that isn't a dig but based on the amount of content you have posted on here) have you offered your services to the Trust in any way, shape or form?

Simple answer no.  One of the great things about being retired is that you can do as much or as little as you want.

In the past I've been involved in the sort of stuff which requires meetings, agenda and minutes, so know what it's about, and it's no longer for me.

I've got a couple of projects on atm, which involve historical research, walking, cartography and generally chucking in ideas...informal, and that's how I like it.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: