Poll
Question: Is there a way back for this ownership?
Yes- - 21 (29.6%)
No - 50 (70.4%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem- Bouncebackability  (Read 4612 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 00:44:45 »

It's literally less than 25 people. In an average of around 9k attending supporters. So whilst yes it's immoral, I think we know that in life we'll always experience people who will 'game' a system.

Thankfully, in most cases within society, most people are honourable and honest with how they go about their life {and business}.

This isn't the reason the club is skint. <0.3 percent of people getting in on a different ticket aren't a problem that will topple the club or put it in to Non League. In fact, some might argue, whilst immoral...they are still at the very least buying a ticket and thus still funding the club.

It's fucking moot though because it's a negligible as fuck ''loss''. I would bet that Hart, Xav, Keily, Hall etc are taking more out the club than the club is ''losing'' from those pesky ticket abusers. Shall we twist the knife on our freeloading ST holders whilst we're at it?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2024, 00:50:57 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 01:47:07 »

The club didn't go into any detail on those 20 either - so we have no context.  You'd presume they were refused entry as a minimum, yet very little beyond that AB meeting note has appeared.  The couple that got annoyed for being charged for parking in Sainsburys when using the Megabus/national Express went to the Adver, I am sure one of these 20 would have been dumb enough to moan in public.

What's the betting a few of them were just families mixing up who had which ticket.

Not suggesting nobody would try it on, of course people will.  But it's a minor problem to have ended up focusing on - the sort of thing you raise to deflect from other items.

On a similar note, they specifically mentioned Sponsor when going on about poor deals, which was in the middle of a ticket discussion.  Think they don't like the Nationwide deal.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2024, 01:49:11 by RobertT » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 07:18:54 »

20 people
27 quid
23 games

£12,420 a year

Obviously not everyone was checked. could could be higher.

Obviously the actual price paid for the ticket has to come off that.

obviously people shouldn't do it. that's fine.

But it doesn't appear to be the smoking gun the club have portrayed.

So sure, stamp it out but. Every little helps. But it's not going to make a measurable difference
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 08:45:53 »

Its a deflection tactic, of course people should pay the correct price and (polite!) spot checks/functioning turnstiles and operatives should be able to pick out some of those trying it but its not a major issue.

Its akin to the right wing press blaming every single issue in this country on immigration.

Sadly, a large gullible section of the fanbase will gobble it up and go to war with an under21 using an under18s ticket but turn a blind eye to the convicts sipping champagne in hospitality.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:37:07 »

20 people
27 quid
23 games

£12,420 a year

Obviously not everyone was checked. could could be higher.

Obviously the actual price paid for the ticket has to come off that.

obviously people shouldn't do it. that's fine.

But it doesn't appear to be the smoking gun the club have portrayed.

So sure, stamp it out but. Every little helps. But it's not going to make a measurable difference

Potd ticket price increased on previous year.
£2 x 3,000 x 23 = £138,000
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 10:26:03 »

Just listened to the LSPOD podcast with Sam Morshead.

One of them made a good point about Clem being oblivious or ignorant to our current plight. Nothing summed that up like when SM asked Clem about season ticket sales and he just talked about cost of living like that is the reason people wont be renewing, not how he is rebuilding trust or a strong finish to the season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:13:47 »

Sorry not Read back!

Just watched Clems interview and want to raise a point he mentioned about pre turnstile checks.

"Fans seeking in using child tickets". this has really got my goat  Angry
Ill call these people out now "YOU ARE NOT SWINDON FANS & CAN FUCK OFF".  Smug Fuck Off

These people are probably the same hypocritical cunts that moan that Clem puts no money in!
Ahhhh yeah, the club will never get any money while we have dishonest wankers like this!

I pay the full whack adult price, I look forward to paying for an OAP ticket when I get there.
Rant over! 

Drop in the ocean compared to the real problems at the club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:15:19 »

On a similar note, they specifically mentioned Sponsor when going on about poor deals, which was in the middle of a ticket discussion.  Think they don't like the Nationwide deal.

I'm sure Nationwide won't mind pulling their sponsorship money then.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:16:59 »

Just listened to the LSPOD podcast with Sam Morshead.

One of them made a good point about Clem being oblivious or ignorant to our current plight. Nothing summed that up like when SM asked Clem about season ticket sales and he just talked about cost of living like that is the reason people wont be renewing, not how he is rebuilding trust or a strong finish to the season.

Probably doesn't want to legitimise the unrest. Like DV said plenty just don't know about it and others think its just a handful of people.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:53:14 »

Tomorrow’s postponement has given him some restpite.

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:09:46 »

Fair game keeps getting talked about about doing some sort of overview - will they be given full access to the accounts to do this overview or will they be going off the short version that lodged with HMRC.

Isn't this the same access as the Trust chap was given and he didn't say anything other than he has seen the books and everything is fine, despite it being odd the club kept deflecting giving access him and he didn't give any real comments about what he saw (now assume he is standing down with the rest of them)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:38:02 »

Fair game keeps getting talked about about doing some sort of overview - will they be given full access to the accounts to do this overview or will they be going off the short version that lodged with HMRC.

Isn't this the same access as the Trust chap was given and he didn't say anything other than he has seen the books and everything is fine, despite it being odd the club kept deflecting giving access him and he didn't give any real comments about what he saw (now assume he is standing down with the rest of them)

https://www.fairgameuk.org/fair-game-clubs

Interesting we are the only club who dont have a video on this section. Makes me wonder how involved they will be.

https://www.fairgameuk.org/press-releases/swindon

Not much follow up from this initial press release. Smells of slapdash Morfuni partially ticking a box like the farcical AB.

Nearly man Clemente, we nearly signed 3 players etc etc.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 18:22:42 »

Fair game likely serves two purposes - just by saying you joined you can claim everything is hunky dory.  Second, it serves as being part of a pressure group to try and get more money from the TV deals.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 23:12:25 »

https://www.fairgameuk.org/fair-game-clubs

Interesting we are the only club who dont have a video on this section. Makes me wonder how involved they will be.

https://www.fairgameuk.org/press-releases/swindon

Not much follow up from this initial press release. Smells of slapdash Morfuni partially ticking a box like the farcical AB.

Nearly man Clemente, we nearly signed 3 players etc etc.

Quite a few clubs have the word 'video' but no link.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: