Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382076 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 18:09:27 »

BBC Wiltshire reporting the club have met the councils valuation.

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:14:15 »

Wembleys going to look a bit empty when we play there whilst the GC is redeveloped........
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:20:01 »

Well it that's the case and Power/STFC do buy it they will need to change their attitude to the fans sharpish, 5,700 odd today must be very worring for Mr Power.  Need to re-engage with the supporters pronto.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:14:26 »

It was one of Power and Hodgetts cosy chats on the radio. LP suggested with Axis on board they the expertise to look at redevelopment. Due to meet with SBC next month to discuss plans further.

Power was asked if it was part of a long term commitment or an exit strategy to which he said both. It would make the club more attractive to 'Blue Chip' investment and made the point there wasn't anyone with money interestedwhen the club was last sale.

He also said plans for the training ground were progressing and expects an announcement in the next 6 weeks.

Sent from my HTC U11
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:20:15 »

Sent from my HTC U11

Youth team HTC Smiley

--

Thanks for filling in a bit more context. Guess we'll suck it and see.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:31:26 »

Power was asked if it was part of a long term commitment or an exit strategy to which he said both. It would make the club more attractive to 'Blue Chip' investment and made the point there wasn't anyone with money interestedwhen the club was last sale.

He also said plans for the training ground were progressing and expects an announcement in the next 6 weeks.

Sent from my HTC U11

Not being miserable here, but arent season ticket renewals due to be announced soon...which is why hes coming out with all this stuff.. time will tell...

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 09:53:52 »

Have the Trust responded to this news yet? It must be very demoralizing for them after all the work they've put in. Can any of the Trust board that are on here give us an update from their end? Pets4Prizes??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 07:48:53 »

Latest from the man himself. TBH, what he says sounds entirely reasonable.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/16030900.Town_chief_Lee_Power_eager_to_seal_the_deal_on_County_Ground_sale/
Amir

« Reply #338 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 08:00:04 »

I assume we'll be playing at The Axis of Evil County Ground, if this goes through then?

Everything he says does make sense. Being a mere simpleton, how likely is it that he could turn around straight away and say, 'looks like a lovely plot for some houses'? Is there anything that can realistically be put in his, or future owner's way?
Flashheart

« Reply #339 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 08:10:39 »

I'm actually pleased if he gets it, partly because I know it will piss a lot of people off.

I have yet to be convinced he's anywhere near as nefarious as many would have me believe, and they've had more than enough time to present a case. I'm not exactly enthused about the trust buying it either.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #340 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 08:17:50 »

I suppose you've got the Goddards covenant but I'd imagine buying that out would be a mere formality. Its easy money for whoever owns the covenant. Simple question - do you want the covenant to remain in place to pass down to your children or do you want a load of money for doing nothing, that you could pass down to your children - that's if there are any children.
What Power says makes total sense but it still boils down to trust. Like most, if he makes money and leaves us in a better place then I'm fine but he needs to be more open and transparent to allow trust to build.
REDBUCK

« Reply #341 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 08:57:01 »

Can someone remind me what he has done so far that can be classed as untrustworthy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 09:00:51 »

Has the period passed where the ACV ceases to give first dibs to the Trust, their continuing silence is rather deafening...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 09:06:13 »

Being a mere simpleton, how likely is it that he could turn around straight away and say, 'looks like a lovely plot for some houses'? Is there anything that can realistically be put in his, or future owner's way?

At first glance its contrary to at least 1 policy in the adopted Local Plan, plus potentially the Council would have to refer any decision on such matters to the PCU as theoretically they would financially benefit from the decision. Therefore essentially planning decisions would be outside the remit of the Council.

I know that certain posters will disagree, but if the Council are selling the land for a song (when compared with its residential development value with PP), it will no doubt have all manner of clauses in the contract for say for uplifts in value etc, etc...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 09:09:27 »

I may have misconstrued what Power said, but does he mean he hopes to buy the CG but not to necessarily upgrade it himself, but more as an attraction to someone else who would?

Ditto the Training Ground.

I’d assume £2m to SBC would be the end of their interest in the CG - unless they have a sell on clause. If it eventually sells for, say, £10m to the next owner, the Council would be lambasted.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: