Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382097 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:11:01 »

Without sounding unnecessarily negative, the thing that gets me is that after 3-4months of the Trust initiative (which I commend and support), just 325 people have signed up……..and I suspect the majority are bronze members (£60 pa) and over 100 were already paying a monthly fee!  Whichever way you dress it up, it is piss poor.  To a certain extent we live in ‘The Townend’ bubble where we think everyone cares.  The figures would suggest otherwise. 

To put it into perspective, if 50% of monthly contributors come from Swindon and 50% from outside the town, under 0.1% of the town’s population are interested in buying the ground.  For it to be a success these numbers surely have to multiply by 10.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:49:43 »

Without sounding unnecessarily negative, the thing that gets me is that after 3-4months of the Trust initiative (which I commend and support), just 325 people have signed up……..and I suspect the majority are bronze members (£60 pa) and over 100 were already paying a monthly fee!  Whichever way you dress it up, it is piss poor.  To a certain extent we live in ‘The Townend’ bubble where we think everyone cares.  The figures would suggest otherwise. 

To put it into perspective, if 50% of monthly contributors come from Swindon and 50% from outside the town, under 0.1% of the town’s population are interested in buying the ground.  For it to be a success these numbers surely have to multiply by 10.

its not promoted enough though? for the amount of coverage the trust gets online I wouldn't expect any more to sign up and think 325 is actually very good. I will both sign up and contribute when the shares for the ground purchase are put in place and I wont be alone. You can't judge 325 as a figure of swindon fans that are ready to buy the CG
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:53:15 »

& what's the latest on this to complete my hat trick?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #288 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 22:30:45 »

Not why I signed up but I've stuck in 50 quid without the sign up goodies

Not why I donate but impressions last
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 11:18:56 »

I have had 5 months debited now and not even received an acknowledgment let alone the gifts. This is not why I signed up but still think it's pretty shoddy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 12:07:30 »

That's poor, have you emailed the Trust about it?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 12:47:48 »

Not why I signed up but I've stuck in 50 quid without the sign up goodies

Not why I donate but impressions last

Not my department, I just help out with the twitter etc, but if you could DM me your details, email address etc, I'll get someone to sort this.

Ditto Mexico!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 13:10:28 »

PS, everyone who has signed up has been emailed, please do check spam folders for info@truststfc.com as annoyingly Trust emails often fall foul of that.

Back to Pieman and Mexico, and anyone else on here who has signed up but not received communications/ goodies, do DM me and one of the Trust board members will get in touch using their personal emails, so they definitely get through..

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, September 17, 2017, 16:11:10 »

That's poor, have you emailed the Trust about it?

Yes and Steve Mytton has personally emailed me regarding this issue and other matters. Not faulting the communication but it doesn't fill me with confidence with getting things done. The sign up goodies aren't important to me but should be simple to get sorted especially after a few months. A complicated ground purchase is going to be a lot more difficult to facilitate!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, September 17, 2017, 17:01:28 »

Yes and Steve Mytton has personally emailed me regarding this issue and other matters. Not faulting the communication but it doesn't fill me with confidence with getting things done. The sign up goodies aren't important to me but should be simple to get sorted especially after a few months. A complicated ground purchase is going to be a lot more difficult to facilitate!

I've got emails and the then the goodies a few weeks after signing up, so not everyone is having issues.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, September 17, 2017, 22:24:49 »

Have heard the same from other people. As said, responses and interaction have been spot ok so not moaning on that front, just need this thing sorted and we'll be all good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, September 18, 2017, 08:59:28 »

I know you ain't complaining, but to be fair when Royal Mail fucked up delivery of my gift Steve Mytton replied to a an email within a day or so and sorted a replacement equally fast.

In terms of impact upon ability to buy the ground as the majority of things would (I hope) actually be in the hands of professionals (I assume its much like buying a house Wink) I am not sure that some delays in dispatching gifts is that much of an indicator?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 10:28:25 »

Hello all

Below is a message from Steve that he sent, or will be sending, to people who contacted me about missing shirts. He thought worth passing on here too

'Sorry for the continued delay - just to let you know that I am still waiting on a large part of the shirt delivery order, we have been badly let down by our supplier in this instance, they are very apologetic but it doesn't help too much. I'm going to do a wider update very soon.

I have another meeting with the Council about the County Ground on Monday so will do a wider update next week.

There is lots to update fans on, aware it's been quiet but can assure you that behind the scenes it's been the busiest time I've ever known (hence the lack of comms).

Going back to the shirts, I'm waiting on an update should know more by next week and that will be part of the same newsletter.

I have had a smaller delivery of shirts, so if you are desperate I may be able to get something out sooner but hoping to do them all in one hit for simplicity.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 08:47:44 »

This story should really go to the Adver, complete with pics of Si and Mex doing the classic local paper "folded arms and Compo Face" pose:

Local football fans in Trust goodies rumpus

or

Local couple "shocked" by T-shirt no-show kerfuffle
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 13:07:27 »

The conversation didn't happen on facebook or get sent to the Adver by the Courts, it therefore didn't happen.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: