Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Valiants v Town match day thread  (Read 37929 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 16:56:00 »

Underperforming in any other environment would lead to the sack? Are you mad? Football management must be just about the shortest term results-at-the-expense-of-anything profession on the planet. If you want to extend Williams' position to any other job, you'd probably be more than a little forgiving of the fact that his direct boss brought in someone above him to do bits of his job, who fucked it up totally and then passed those responsibilities back to him, and that the owner of the company is, at best, restrictive in terms of how you can achieve success using his preferred methodology.

He's out of his depth, he's not a bad human being as a result. If you can't separate those two things I can't really carry on this discussion.
Who said anything about him being a bad human being ??,  Might be the nicest fellow on the earth,  but how many times does it have to be said HE IS FUCKING USELESS AT HIS JOB.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 17:12:42 »

Who said anything about him being a bad human being ??,  Might be the nicest fellow on the earth,  but how many times does it have to be said HE IS FUCKING USELESS AT HIS JOB.
Nemo's post was in response to this:
Matter of opinion and mine is the bloke is fucking clueless, and shit at his job. Therefore a fucking wanker.
Opinions differ you continue to support the cunts and back them if you wish I'll still support the team but detest the management with a passion.
and this:
Yeah sorry, you're right let's all sing you don't know what you're doing that'll improve performances and won't hurt Williams feelings. Weve been through the mill with this club the whole management are incompetent any other profession with such results woulinend in the sack and other employees would be questioning what's going on. But hey let's not hurt a his feelings but also you say he is right not to walk away. Huh???
Opinions, this one is mine Power Williams Embleton clueless wankers!
Where skiptotheLou did seem to be saying he was a wanker because he's shit at his job. Which, btw, I don't think anyone is arguing with. Just whether or not that makes him a wanker. Which is kind of irrelevant. As you say, he may well be lovely, but he's not doing the job so should either step down or be relieved of the position
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 17:20:08 »

As useless, or not, he may be in his job, it was Power who twisted his arm into taking it and continues to leave him in place.

Up until recently a few people thought the players were good enough but just badly managed/coached. I think it's fairly obvious now that they are just not up to it, both mentally and ability wise.

If this squad is the best Power can assemble on a supposed top 10 budget, I dread to think what we will end up with next season.

As for any new manager, if indeed we get one, will be in similar mode to who Power has employed before - someone just grateful to be given a chance and keep schtum on how things work at STFC.
redordead57

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 18:40:45 »

Anyone else noticed Caddis has signed for Bury how can they afford his wages on their gates compared to town's just shows what a tightwad Power really is surely he would have walked back into our team with the kids we have .
Not looking forward to Tuesday night ?.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 18:52:14 »

Why not? This season has gone, time to have some fun and crank up the pressure on the management.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 18:55:46 »

Anyone else noticed Caddis has signed for Bury how can they afford his wages on their gates compared to town's just shows what a tightwad Power really is surely he would have walked back into our team with the kids we have .

If you want us to spend like Bury then you can join the rest of the fuckwits on Facebook. It can't and it won't last and look at where that money has got them in the league table

Edit: and of course caddis would walk into our team that isn't up for debate.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 18:57:41 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 19:40:53 »

Just watched the 'highlights'. Vigs should have done much better with the first, the second was very poor defending from a feeble near post free kick routine and the third came from a very good free kick to be fair. Not really sure why Nathan Thompson felt the need to goad the fella that missed the penalty, a team player would have looked to galvanise the side and spur them on but the reaction almost looked like they were disappointed the Vale player missed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 19:51:37 »

Just watched the 'highlights'. Vigs should have done much better with the first, the second was very poor defending from a feeble near post free kick routine and the third came from a very good free kick to be fair. Not really sure why Nathan Thompson felt the need to goad the fella that missed the penalty, a team player would have looked to galvanise the side and spur them on but the reaction almost looked like they were disappointed the Vale player missed.

because he is a great town fan but not so great a captain

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 20:00:04 »

I assumed it was because the penalty was soft, looked like he waited until in the box then fell over. Branco of course gave him the opportunity.

Would be interested to hear from someone unfortunate to be there whether the Ajose sub was the right one. Ordinarily it makes sense to protect a player returning from injury. But yesterday was a must win for us, and Colket also didn't train...Then again I don't think Williams realises we can play with 3 forwards at the same time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 21:01:29 »

I assumed it was because the penalty was soft, looked like he waited until in the box then fell over. Branco of course gave him the opportunity.

Would be interested to hear from someone unfortunate to be there whether the Ajose sub was the right one. Ordinarily it makes sense to protect a player returning from injury. But yesterday was a must win for us, and Colket also didn't train...Then again I don't think Williams realises we can play with 3 forwards at the same time.

But it was Eagles who was fouled and Forrester that took the penalty, why give Forrester (who played despite his father dying on Saturday morning) grief?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 21:21:35 »

yeah i get that (different player), just thought it was a 'shouldn't have cheated thing'. perhaps something else was said off camera.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 21:46:02 »

yeah i get that (different player), just thought it was a 'shouldn't have cheated thing'. perhaps something else was said off camera.

Maybe, who knows what goes on the field I guess.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 22:25:22 »

I know it's hypocritical but I'm all in for 'the referee's a wanker' chant and giving oppo players grief (eg Ched Evans) as it seems part of the football panto. I've jut got a bit of sympathy for Williams in that he tries but is just not good enough. I'd rather hear the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant than 'Power sack the cunt'. Maybe I'm too delicate a flower.

It is very hypocritical! How do you know the ref isn't a bloody nice bloke outside of football? I have sympathy for Williams, because he thinks he can do a job well above his ability. I have never chanted during a game that so and so is a cunt or should be sacked i vent my frustration on here.  The issue is in football you cant defend the indefensible, and that goes for Power Williams and Embleton.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 23:22:37 »

Ajose didn't have a good game, was largely ineffectual. Given the injury too, I thought the sub was sensible. I was in a minority judging by the reaction of the crowd, though!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 07:03:13 »

But it was Eagles who was fouled and Forrester that took the penalty, why give Forrester (who played despite his father dying on Saturday morning) grief?

I cant get my head around Thompsons reaction, seems a bit twattish to me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: