Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 20975 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:33:13 »

If we were winning, no one would bat an eyelid at this but because we aren't, Williams gets the flack for not being "assertive with the players".

Would help if the head coach actually got off his arse from the bench and geed the players up from time to time mind
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:22:57 »

Exactly but the trust do have some wealthy individuals on their board but one of them said he wouldn't be interested in buying the club, he has sponsored both STFC and the speedway but just can't see himself owning the club. Can't see anyone buying Power out as it's going to cost a few bob, once you add on paying off Black and giving the manager (and replacing the current one) funds to buy players, it's not going to be in the realms of many.
Out of interest who are the wealthy owners you refer to? & what context are you putting wealthy in? Wealthy as in compared to the average man or what I would call 'football wealthy', as in they could actually afford to invest in/run the club if they wanted to?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:28:59 »

Out of interest who are the wealthy owners you refer to? & what context are you putting wealthy in? Wealthy as in compared to the average man or what I would call 'football wealthy', as in they could actually afford to invest in/run the club if they wanted to?

I wouldnt say they are football wealthy but probably on same level as Power, runs a successful company in Swindon (not hard to guess which, sponsored the club and speedway), they would be the right fit as they are a STFC fan, has a season ticket and has money but probably not enough to burn into a club, maybe they would come in as a consortium?

I don't wanna say names but they are on the Trust board and run a successful Swindon based company  Beers
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:31:43 »

Would help if the head coach actually got off his arse from the bench and geed the players up from time to time mind

Would it make a difference? The players know the game plan, what is a coach going to achieve by throwing his toys out of the pram on the touchline? There are two ways to manage, Luke prefers the relaxed approach
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:33:17 »

Would it make a difference? The players know the game plan, what is a coach going to achieve by throwing his toys out of the pram on the touchline? There are two ways to manage, Luke prefers the relaxed approach

Isn't this the second home game in which the ref has been brought over to have a word with Williams and/or Embleton?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:34:50 »

Isn't this the second home game in which the ref has been brought over to have a word with Williams and/or Embleton?

No idea but the last thing we need is him getting sent off considering the FA already kick our asses everytime our players approach the referee, but do f all about other teams doing it.......... I am not one for conspiracy theories but ....  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:35:51 »

James Phipps I see more of someone who could help run a trust led club, not someone to take it on himself.

I'm working on a plan, and on an unrelated note anyone got 6 numbers. must wait until a quadruple euro rollover
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:44:49 »

James Phipps I see more of someone who could help run a trust led club, not someone to take it on himself.

I'm working on a plan, and on an unrelated note anyone got 6 numbers. must wait until a quadruple euro rollover

Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:47:28 »

it's not a secret. the trust publicly announced him in December 2015 (not 2025, add as previously stated) and he's talked about not wanting/being able to take over on Twitter before.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:53:20 »

it's not a secret. the trust publicly announced him in December 2025, and he's talked about not wanting/being able to take over on Twitter before.

There may be no club left by 2025  Smiley
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:57:43 »

it's not a secret. the trust publicly announced him in December 2025, and he's talked about not wanting/being able to take over on Twitter before.

I know that but how many fans are aware of him being on the TRust? I only know because he gets on the FB group answering questions from time to time
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:01:23 »

I suppose that if his model is to tie income to budget then margins stay similar and only the product on the pitch is likely to suffer.

Perfect storm.

He may still make a profit but that's not the same as saying he doesn't care - who wouldn't want to make as much as possible?

Well, it worked for Newport!
..for a bit...

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:08:15 »

We are in the harsh realities, we are s small L1 club with little income, unless we have a sugar daddy, we aren't going to have a team of 20k a week pro's.......

I don't think anyone is saying we should, are they?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:13:11 »

I wouldnt say they are football wealthy but probably on same level as Power, runs a successful company in Swindon (not hard to guess which, sponsored the club and speedway), they would be the right fit as they are a STFC fan, has a season ticket and has money but probably not enough to burn into a club, maybe they would come in as a consortium?

I don't wanna say names but they are on the Trust board and run a successful Swindon based company  Beers
I guessed that Phipps was one but couldn't think of his name. Who are the others? Don't think there's an issue in naming them as it will be public knowledge if they're a trust member. How much are The Mail paying Morshead these days?  Hmmm...........

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:16:41 »

I don't think anyone is saying we should, are they?

You are being charitable, we have some seriously ..damaged fans you know

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: