Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 20904 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:18:50 »

I still don't understand this "he doesn't care if we get relegated" stuff. He's in it for money, not for love (like 99% of owners, I'd add) and regardless of whether his 'system' is working or not surely he'd make more money in L1 than the conference?

I wouldn't say wouldn't care if we got relegated, but I could see a strong case for wouldn't care for us going up. Promotion would bring calls for increases to the budget and transfers. Complications that IF he simply has the club running break even whilst also taking two or three hundred grand for himself every year he could do without.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:20:21 »

You are being charitable, we have some seriously ..damaged fans you know

one name mentioned on the FB group ......... Ricky Lambert  Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:22:17 »

There may be no club left by 2025  Smiley
fackin phone
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:22:29 »

You are being charitable, we have some seriously ..damaged fans you know

Fair one.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:24:19 »

I guessed that Phipps was one but couldn't think of his name. Who are the others? Don't think there's an issue in naming them as it will be public knowledge if they're a trust member. How much are The Mail paying Morshead these days?  Hmmm...........

http://www.truststfc.com/trust-stfc-board
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:27:11 »

I wouldn't say wouldn't care if we got relegated, but I could see a strong case for wouldn't care for us going up. Promotion would bring calls for increases to the budget and transfers. Complications that IF he simply has the club running break even whilst also taking two or three hundred grand for himself every year he could do without.

If the club can make enough to pay him 300k a year then fair play to him considering we couldn't string 2 pennies together when he took over. He makes his cut from transfers, when we sell a player he will take a fee (he is basically the agent), how much no one knows but I don't think he would be taking money from the "club funds" which would be money used to pay the rent and bills.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:31:37 »

entirely possible he could make money it the club. no evidence he is , but it's possible.

for example, he lent the club money. hell want a return on that. fair enough IMO, but is the return at a reasonable rate.

is he supplying stewarding? If so is he charging fmv?

same with the transfer dealings as you said.
-------
don't get me wrong , who knows the reality could be he's personally loss making in order to set the club up long term for sale.

just pointing out it's not impossible.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:39:34 »

If the club can make enough to pay him 300k a year then fair play to him considering we couldn't string 2 pennies together when he took over. He makes his cut from transfers, when we sell a player he will take a fee (he is basically the agent), how much no one knows but I don't think he would be taking money from the "club funds" which would be money used to pay the rent and bills.

Fair play to him if he is? No, just no. It couldn't be justified as being 'basically the agent' we'll be paying out agents fees as well when we buy in.

We couldn't string two pennies together when he took over becuase the budget was too high, but you seen to think that reducing it down to a shoe string is some sort of magic trick and for doing it he should be entitled to take money from the club?

Gareth, I get the impression that we could suggest anything or Power could do anything and you'd defend him to the end. Its clearly something you're passionate about, but why? What's your motive?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:39:48 »

for example, he lent the club money. hell want a return on that. fair enough IMO, but is the return at a reasonable rate.

he admitted on a phone-in, he gets paid a fee for the money he has loaned the club but didn't admit to what rate it was (exact words were, I don't know, my accountants deal with it).

is he supplying stewarding? If so is he charging fmv?

Not far off, he is a director of the company that supplies the stewards to the club

He is making money, that's pretty much guaranteed but it's much smaller than what is thought, if it was that easy to make money, none of the previous owners would have given it up so easy.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:47:11 »

Gareth, I get the impression that we could suggest anything or Power could do anything and you'd defend him to the end. Its clearly something you're passionate about, but why? What's your motive?

To be honest I'd defend James Constable against 'suggestions' if there was very little basis to them. Doesn't mean I've got an ulterior motive, just an aversion to bullshit.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:47:59 »

Fair play to him if he is? No, just no. It couldn't be justified as being 'basically the agent' we'll be paying out agents fees as well when we buy in.

We don't use agents, everything goes through Power as far as I am aware, he basically said that on a phone-in

We couldn't string two pennies together when he took over becuase the budget was too high, but you seen to think that reducing it down to a shoe string is some sort of magic trick and for doing it he should be entitled to take money from the club?

No, did I say that? If the club is making money then surely the owner is in their right to be paid a wage for running that business, it's not his problem the business was badly run before, he came in, made it more reasonable and if he can keep the business afloat and take a wage, that's surely what a business is about, to pay the owner for their hard work, doesn't matter if it's a football club or a takeaway.

I have and will critisize him, he is far from perfect BUT as a fellow business owner, I hope he is doing what he is doing for the benefit of the club and I will be the first to hold my hands up if it comes out he has been ripping the club off BUT I will not just make comments like "he must be making 300k a year from us" without evidence, which I cannot find any so give him the benefit of the doubt.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:48:25 »

To be honest I'd defend James Constable against 'suggestions' if there was very little basis to them. Doesn't mean I've got an ulterior motive, just an aversion to bullshit.

this  Yes
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:55:31 »

I have and will critisize him, he is far from perfect BUT as a fellow business owner, I hope he is doing what he is doing for the benefit of the club and I will be the first to hold my hands up if it comes out he has been ripping the club off BUT I will not just make comments like "he must be making 300k a year from us" without evidence, which I cannot find any so give him the benefit of the doubt.

Literally not what I said at all. I said IF that is what he is doing (given that a lot of peole believe that is why he is here) then I could understand why he wouldn't even want to get promoted (as opposed to peole who say he wouldn't care if we got relegated). You essentially came back with 'even if he is, fair play to him, no problems there' which I found a bit of a shock even coming from you.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 23:01:22 »

Literally not what I said at all. I said IF that is what he is doing (given that a lot of peole believe that is why he is here) then I could understand why he wouldn't even want to get promoted (as opposed to peole who say he wouldn't care if we got relegated). You essentially came back with 'even if he is, fair play to him, no problems there' which I found a bit of a shock even coming from you.

I said:

If the club can make enough to pay him 300k a year then fair play to him

If we can afford is totally different to saying, he can take whatever he likes...... If your business makes £2m profit a year, how much would you value your work in getting the business to that stage? Look at the top pay for the top businessmen, they earn millions for what they do, Power is in business to make money just like everyone else so if he can build a business that can afford to pay him 300k a year then he must have done something right

Considering we were losing £4m a year when he came in, it would have to be a massive swing of a minimum £5m for him to realistically take out 300k a year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 23:02:15 »

He is making money, that's pretty much guaranteed but it's much smaller than what is thought, if it was that easy to make money, none of the previous owners would have given it up so easy.
how does anyone know that it's smaller than thought?

all that I am saying is that with a sole owner the position has the potential to be abused, not least by conflicts of interest. there is no accountability and no checks and balances are in place to ensure he acts solely in stfc's best interest. it could be argued of course that he's majority shareholder, so that's tough tits.

if transparency isn't his thing, which is admittedly at his discretion, then of course he's going to be quite rightly questioned on it. Certain people on the Facebook group obviously go far too far on that - that's just stupid.

and yes I an quite aware of his 'i don't know, one for the accountant' answer on BBC rs. I asked the question (indirectly). I'm calling bullshit on the reply too. I'm sure he knew but he wanted it kept private, be that merely on principle or on it not sounding favourable.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: