Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon match day thread  (Read 39684 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:34:51 »

Power has to go. Just changing the manager isn't going to solve anything.

his manager, his business model, his recruitment. It's about time he took some responsibility
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:35:05 »

I don't think many would have been shocked at the 4-1. The problem I have, and presumably everyone has, is that they steamed though us in the first half. It makes any positives of the second half a bit redundant really as Scunny could cruise.

But Doughty/Jones and Stewart coming back in, and yes keeping it to 4-1, were the positives of the day.

Think we can get something at Eastleigh myself, people are talking like its a forgone conclusion we'll blow it. Maybe that and the returnees will kick us into a bit of a run. Maybe.

It is relatively rare that when you're 4 up by half time, you go on and score 8....because as you say job is done, and no need to bust a gut from thereon in.

I've gone past caring about the FA Cup, as long as we get through with no more injuries or pointless yellow/red cards, that'll do for me.  Staying up this term, is important and is going to be difficult...we don't need distractions.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:36:03 »

his manager, his business model, his recruitment. It's about time he took some responsibility
Really? You need a reality check, what's the alternative?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:45:26 »

Too many young players - not their fault. Power does need to recruit some experience and recognise that every signing doesn't have to turn a profit for him.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:46:44 »

He needs the stand up and take responsibility for a change. His whole business model is a farce. Only willing to invest for a big profit to line his own pockets.

We have huge potential with a 200k catchment area.

All for being sustainable but I want to know where the money has gone from Gladwin,Loungo, Thompson, Byrne and Ajose.

He is taking you all for mugs
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:47:03 »

Get yourself down the bank monday and get him a big fat cheque then.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:48:08 »

Too many young players - not their fault. Power does need to recruit some experience and recognise that every signing doesn't have to turn a profit for him.

Problem is Rory he won't. He will have my inv st for a big return.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:49:28 »

Great idea because there are some many potential buyers lining up to buy the club aren't. Whether you like it or not no Power and the cub won't last.

I admit the recruitment has been a complete hash. The lack of experience is so clear to see. On paper we have a good set of young players but what we need is an experienced player that will inject some influence onto those players on the pitch. I like Thompson but he just isn't a leader and that's what we need.
Williams can teach them so much but once the game goes to shit they are like shrinking violets. Shaun Taylor had that influence and a few others in the past.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:51:22 by RJack » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:51:12 »

The phrase that hits me is "....if they want a career in professional football" fucks sake they've unbelievably already got one or why would they be in the fucking team?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:54:09 »

The phrase that hits me is "....if they want a career in professional football" fucks sake they've unbelievably already got one or why would they be in the fucking team?
That line jumped out at me too. They're already there, with contracts and responsibility to a club - manager, owner, fans and all.

I think we all agree this season (and arguably longer) has been a shambles, because of Power's methods.. Problem is, we can't do anything about it. It's all very well writing 'Power Out' on a forum or Facebook page but those doing so don't seem to realise that it's not I'm a Celebrity - we can't just vote the owner out.
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:59:33 »

I think we all agree this season (and arguably longer) has been a shambles, because of Power's methods..

No, we don't all agree. I just think we need a new manager, and I know that I am not alone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 16:59:53 »

What he means is that we're a turd polishing facility, that is meant to produce players to sell on. That is not happening so they'll be back to non league or the scrap heap.....George Barker style.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 17:00:34 »

Great idea because there are some many potential buyers lining up to buy the club aren't.

The thing is, there might be if it were on offer. But they are as likely to be a Jed as a saviour.

I think the Power approach of spending within means is correct, well its moot anyway because he isn't loaded enough to do anything else.

So how do you do that without taking risks on youngsters to sell on at profit? As far as I can see the club is run on a shoestring as it is, there isn't much cost savings to be had..

Its frustrating, depressing but this is the reality of self sufficiency. You get lucky, you get unlucky.
-----------
I do think that we play a stupidly ineffective and inflexible style though. And doubts about Williams are high. Recruitment has been a shambles.

I'm also amazed we don't have budget for a few more experienced/proven players in the squad. Presumably, and assuming  Power is on the level we just can't afford them. End of.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 17:02:32 by Batch » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 17:05:43 »

No, we don't all agree. I just think we need a new manager, and I know that I am not alone.

Fair enough. From what I've seen this season, the squad simply isn't good enough, and that's all down to Power. Interested to know how many think a better manager would get more out of these players, as you suggest.

Incidentally, I haven't actually seen us lose yet this season either.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 17:08:00 »

Williams is completely out of his depth and that is Power's responsibility.

Player recruitment is all over the shop. For every Luongo there's a handful of non-league standard players arriving. Power is gambling with players coming good in 12-18 months and then selling them on. We have too many players who just aren't good enough, we have a poor team and a poor squad with few highlights.

His balance is wrong, fair enough having that policy but young development players need to be in the few and not in the many.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: