Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon match day thread  (Read 39014 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 08:23:08 »

Can't see a thread for the game today, I'm feeling optimistic reckon we'll nick a 1-0 win. Or we lose 7-0 and Williams gets sacked.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 08:25:56 »

Scunthorpe -2 in the handicap betting is probably licence to print money today.

I think we'll try and dig in like at Wimbledon away but an early Van Veen goal will open the floodgates.

Kudos to those that travel.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Malvern Red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 08:39:35 »

I'm not overly optimistic about today's game I'm expecting another weak performance considering that we still have a massive injury problem in fact I predict we'll be 4-0 down at half time Power finally snaps and replaces Williams and Embleton in the dugout for the 2nd half, the game finishes 4-1 with Toffolo scoring for us Cheesy cue a mass hysteria  from Town fans and the panic button will finally be pressed. Crying
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 08:44:39 »

Was going to go today but my 11 day old niece was rushed into hospital during the week, things seem to be looking up for her and she is breathing on her own now but we don't want to be so far from home.

Was due to be my last game of the season as the winter is now upon us and as always I'll be in France for it, was aiming to be in resort in time to watch us on the box on Friday, obviously that depends on other things now.

Point is looks like my last game was last weekend which is depressing, was hoping to see a more determined performance today, can cope with losing, as we likely will, but some spirit goes a hell of a long way.

At least we look like we're close to getting a few numbers back so as at this stage last season we have a free hit in the cup coming up to hopefully get some minutes under the belt for those returning.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 09:48:43 »

Cannot see beyond a 0-3 loss, sorry to say!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 09:51:07 »

This could get Lionel.

4-1 them  Crying
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 09:56:33 »

I'm sure I will wince when I turn on the radio at 3pm today.

Need some sort of performance today....a result would be a cherry.

Looking at the fixtures coming up I can see only two outcomes...

We start winning and Luke stays in place or we lose the fucking lot and he will be made a scape goat for Powers failing model.

I prefer the former....I don't dislike Williams as much as I did bullshitter Cooper, I feel for him a bit.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 09:56:34 »

Bit of a free hit today, we do seem slightly better on the road, but it's not saying much. 

Our last 3 visits to Glanford Park have seen a dozen goals shipped against generally struggling Scunny teams, in one case already relegated. That case was particularly damaging as it meant Brentford in the PO's rather than Yeovil.

2 of our sides were PO teams....

At least after the debacle earlier in the year, Luke will know what we're in for.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:02:50 »

One of those games that look on paper as "fuck it give them 3 points and save the petrol" But somehow we often do quite well when that's the prevailing attitude. I'll look at 17.05 and be pissed off for 5 minutes, or quite happy for a few hours no doubt.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:23:10 »

Big plus of the day (only?) is if Doughty gets back in the squad. Sure things will improve once he returns.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:28:26 »

Can't see us getting anything today
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:31:44 »

Keeping clear of football today, I'm in a foul mood as it is.

I did make a gif to cheer myself up though. Gold star for the first person to say where I got it from:

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:37:41 »

I did make a gif to cheer myself up though. Gold star for the first person to say where I got it from:

MakeAGIF.com?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:40:27 »

I am looking forward to newmarket red's thoughts
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:41:35 »

Coming up against organised well drilled sides who can score goals is always bad for us. Comfortable win for Scunny today
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: