Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172014 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 17:21:45 »

ending

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099889

are the films still going ahead?
wasn't to know what happened to Rick

don't care about the rest
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 22:11:52 »

From what i read the films are still going, as is fear the walking dead and also 2 new spin offs. So TWD as a universe will still be around for some time.

Might start on Fear the walking dead soon.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 22:21:36 »

ending

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099889

are the films still going ahead?
wasn't to know what happened to Rick

don't care about the rest

Well what they are doing is essentially putting S11 and S12 into one longer marathon S11.

I think contracts for 3 films have been agreed and one is definitely surrounding Rick (and Jadis/Anne), the others were rumored to be Michonne & Negan and then Daryl & Carol.

Obviously if they have a series penned for Michonne/Negan and one for Daryl/Carol as the article suggests, maybe they have adjusted the contracts and will just do the one standalone Rick film? Which would probably be a good move in some ways instead of milking it. Although I'd be happy to see a feature that focuses on the main glut of TWD characters. I'd love a Morgan standalone because I know that Lennie James could pull it off. Similarly Michonne (Danai Gurira) has done the Black Panther stuff so could easily transition back to film and of course, Lincoln has switched between the two through his careers (although with very differing roles). So wouldn't mind TWD based films with them as central characters.

But then Daryl has a really interesting backstory too so (personally) would loved a movie with him as I think he is good enough to carry a feature by himself (The episode in S7/S8 - The Cell confirmed this). A series would make sense for him to have all his story told.

The thing I'm guessing will happen is what I thought regardless, that we will see Rick in TWD series even if it is only a cameo/reveal. Which would kind of seamlessly lead us into the Rick film. We had already started to see some loose ends being tied up and the crossover elements merging from FTWD. In these next two (now one extra long) season(s) I think we will see this develop further and the unknown (in TWD) theories regarding the helicopter etc, will knit together. If you watch FTWD then these are almost answered but the new series (TWD World?!) has been solely created to give us even more insight. Imagine FTWD was kinda the prequel series, TWD was our present and TWDW is in part the future...in terms of timelines.

It will be interesting how they do it and bring all three series into one and then go on to the film(s) and companion series later. At that point, as you say it is then up to the viewer if they want to explore other characters deeper or just find out what happened with Rick. I'm sure for many casuals, they will just want the latter. For the TWD Geeks (I'm not looking at myself), there should probably be enough interest to continue in the TWD Universe for a while after.

In any case, I feel they might just be using this as a way to gauge fan/viewer response by stating "it will come to an end". It's always a good marketing ploy, especially when the delayed S10 Finale is about a month/3 weeks away. It will have fans talking, hashtagging and generate wider interest in TWD. That way AMC can maybe decide to fund even more TWD projects, especially if a lot of fans essentially beg/demand that it continue. One thing about this show is that they have listened to their viewers/fans etc a lot and other than maybe 1.5 seasons worth, they have always delivered; I'd say watch this space but of course money talks too.

It feels weird talking about TWD after all this time. Usually this would be gearing up the start of a new season but we're going to get an extended finale (double episode I think). I'm not certain then when they will start S11. As they have to film a good chunk of it yet. I would say that they may start it after this new TWDW (Beyond. It's Beyond) has finished as the story from their will have relevance for what we begin to find out/get closer to Rick again. For me, I'd like it if Michonne finds Rick whether in a positive or negative state. They could go all mushy or they could go super dark. A version of the latter works better for me.

For yourself personally Batch, yes I'm sure that there will be a film and it will give us all the answers we are after, regarding Rick.

Ok, I'm done but I'm genuinely looking forward to watching again. Currently on the second rerun of FTWD and will then move onto a rerun of TWD S10 to get me all fresh n ready for TWD S10 Finale: A Certain Doom, which airs on October 4th USA & October 5th UK on Fox Enjoy Smiley

Edit: Just also remembered that even though TWD S10 Finale is coming soon, there will also be 6 (six) "Bonus" Episodes in the early part of 2021 and aren't part of the S11/12 amalgamation, so in fact the impending S10 Finale is not really the Finale as such. Maybe these S10 "add ons" will reveal much more before we go balls deep into the final season?!

More than happy with that from my point of view, especially after such a long wait just for the Finale.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 22:29:07 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 22:34:55 »

Well what they are doing is essentially putting S11 and S12 into one longer marathon S11.

I think contracts for 3 films have been agreed and one is definitely surrounding Rick (and Jadis/Anne), the others were rumored to be Michonne & Negan and then Daryl & Carol.

Obviously if they have a series penned for Michonne/Negan and one for Daryl/Carol as the article suggests, maybe they have adjusted the contracts and will just do the one standalone Rick film? Which would probably be a good move in some ways instead of milking it. Although I'd be happy to see a feature that focuses on the main glut of TWD characters. I'd love a Morgan standalone because I know that Lennie James could pull it off. Similarly Michonne (Danai Gurira) has done the Black Panther stuff so could easily transition back to film and of course, Lincoln has switched between the two through his careers (although with very differing roles). So wouldn't mind TWD based films with them as central characters.

But then Daryl has a really interesting backstory too so (personally) would loved a movie with him as I think he is good enough to carry a feature by himself (The episode in S7/S8 - The Cell confirmed this). A series would make sense for him to have all his story told.

The thing I'm guessing will happen is what I thought regardless, that we will see Rick in TWD series even if it is only a cameo/reveal. Which would kind of seamlessly lead us into the Rick film. We had already started to see some loose ends being tied up and the crossover elements merging from FTWD. In these next two (now one extra long) season(s) I think we will see this develop further and the unknown (in TWD) theories regarding the helicopter etc, will knit together. If you watch FTWD then these are almost answered but the new series (TWD World?!) has been solely created to give us even more insight. Imagine FTWD was kinda the prequel series, TWD was our present and TWDW is in part the future...in terms of timelines.

It will be interesting how they do it and bring all three series into one and then go on to the film(s) and companion series later. At that point, as you say it is then up to the viewer if they want to explore other characters deeper or just find out what happened with Rick. I'm sure for many casuals, they will just want the latter. For the TWD Geeks (I'm not looking at myself), there should probably be enough interest to continue in the TWD Universe for a while after.

In any case, I feel they might just be using this as a way to gauge fan/viewer response by stating "it will come to an end". It's always a good marketing ploy, especially when the delayed S10 Finale is about a month/3 weeks away. It will have fans talking, hashtagging and generate wider interest in TWD. That way AMC can maybe decide to fund even more TWD projects, especially if a lot of fans essentially beg/demand that it continue. One thing about this show is that they have listened to their viewers/fans etc a lot and other than maybe 1.5 seasons worth, they have always delivered; I'd say watch this space but of course money talks too.

It feels weird talking about TWD after all this time. Usually this would be gearing up the start of a new season but we're going to get an extended finale (double episode I think). I'm not certain then when they will start S11. As they have to film a good chunk of it yet. I would say that they may start it after this new TWDW (Beyond. It's Beyond) has finished as the story from their will have relevance for what we begin to find out/get closer to Rick again. For me, I'd like it if Michonne finds Rick whether in a positive or negative state. They could go all mushy or they could go super dark. A version of the latter works better for me.

For yourself personally Batch, yes I'm sure that there will be a film and it will give us all the answers we are after, regarding Rick.

Ok, I'm done but I'm genuinely looking forward to watching again. Currently on the second rerun of FTWD and will then move onto a rerun of TWD S10 to get me all fresh n ready for TWD S10 Finale: A Certain Doom, which airs on October 4th USA & October 5th UK on Fox Enjoy Smiley

Edit: Just also remembered that even though TWD S10 Finale is coming soon, there will also be 6 (six) "Bonus" Episodes in the early part of 2021 and aren't part of the S11/12 amalgamation, so in fact the impending S10 Finale is not really the Finale as such. Maybe these S10 "add ons" will reveal much more before we go balls deep into the final season?!

More than happy with that from my point of view, especially after such a long wait just for the Finale.
What he said....
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 23:11:31 »

I'm sure the handful of you that contribute on this thread have missed my TWD preview/review/future thoughts, and ramblings, etc  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 08:08:26 »

What he said....

Cheesy  Spat my tea, cheers Chubbs

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 08:15:01 »

It would be nice if Fox bought the rights to FTWD so that we can at least watch it in the same place, I would have preferred to have watched it in conjunction with TWD, but because AMC is PPV that wasn't possible, and I wasn't going to pay for one show.  I watched the first half of season 1, but then stopped when it wasn't readily available.  Not sure I have the energy to watch back all of the seasons of that now.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:07:24 »

It would be nice if Fox bought the rights to FTWD so that we can at least watch it in the same place, I would have preferred to have watched it in conjunction with TWD, but because AMC is PPV that wasn't possible, and I wasn't going to pay for one show.  I watched the first half of season 1, but then stopped when it wasn't readily available.  Not sure I have the energy to watch back all of the seasons of that now.

I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows a place where you can watch all of the TWD stuff.

Plus, I'll be watching the TWD:World Beyond (finally got it right) just for the very lovely Alexa Mansour  Embarrassed

* AlexaMansourPretty.jpg (252.28 KB, 1080x2160 - viewed 147 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:45:40 »

I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows a place where you can watch all of the TWD stuff.

But unless I know that someone, that is not really helping me is it?

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:49:27 »

But unless I know that someone, that is not really helping me is it?

You might know that someone though. Would you like me point you in the correct direction?   Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 16:04:20 »

Are you talking a dodgey firestick or something?

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 16:29:50 »

Are you talking a dodgey firestick or something?

What you do with your dodgy firestick is entirely up to you  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 17:43:32 »

That was actually quite a brilliant episode for the return of TWD. No spoilers as i know some wont watch it until tomorrow night, but a huge surprise (not in a good way) was the Star Wars crossover. You'll see what i mean.
Hunk

« Reply #508 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 19:27:26 »

I've never watched the walking dead, but I believe that one of my favourite ever songs by one of my very favourite bands was featured in the show; The Regulator by Clutch
Hunk

« Reply #509 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 19:29:08 »

And here is that song
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: