Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172023 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 22:45:23 »

Now that was the best episode in a long time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 22:51:26 »

two of the last 3 have been good imo, nice ending yesterday!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 11:23:57 »

So this latest episode is really setting things up for an explosive finale.

The below are my thoughts only, i have not read the comics.

Dwight is back with Negan but very much is still siding with Rick's side. It will be interesting to see how that unfolds. Personally, i think he will instrumental in the downfall of Negan but may possibly pay the price.

Simon is an interesting character. He's had enough of Negan playing games and just wants to end it. I can see him and Negan coming to blows soon. In this last episode he had no interest in finding or saving Negan and it looks like he will try and overthrow his leadership and try to take control of the saviours in an attempt to eradicate the Hilltop, Kingdom and Alexandria communities for good.

Really enjoyed the Rick and Negan altercation and the last scene showing Negan being driven away by Jadis. I wonder how that will pan out.

As for appearance of Georgie and her two "bodyguards". This has the potential to open the series right up. Are they alone? I very much doubt it, how many of them are there? Who knows. It's clear they are doing well for themselves and i don't think this is the last we've seen of them.
Could they have something to do with the Helicopter that's been referenced a few times then season? Looking at their nice truck they were in, its possible.

Looking forward to the last few episodes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12:47:32 »

As for appearance of Georgie and her two "bodyguards". This has the potential to open the series right up.

My worry is this is the start of Governor MKIII. (MkII being Negan). I don't know if I can survive another series of a "baddie" unless there is a massive change in direction. Maybe they have tech (like the helo) so it'll be different..
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12:56:40 »

My worry is this is the start of Governor MKIII. (MkII being Negan). I don't know if I can survive another series of a "baddie" unless there is a massive change in direction. Maybe they have tech (like the helo) so it'll be different..

You are right to worry, i'm the same. There are two options for the show, end it and be done with it or carry on and introduce another villain. They cannot continue the show and everything be happy every after.

Going back to Georgie, she was very well dressed, the car was is good condition, they had food to give away. Is she another villain? Who knows....

I'm my opinion i want the show to move away from the wilderness aspect, move away from the forests etc and bring it back into the city. Maybe Georgie is part of a massive community, as in a small town or city and somehow they have managed to re-introduce things like electricity, running water etc back into civilization. After all, "The key" has blueprints for all sorts of things.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 16:04:19 »

Yeah I agree, the last two episodes have been great and this half of S8 has really done well to turn it around after a quickly fading/frustrating S7. S8A had been ok but was basically just a continuation of war and out of character responses. There were good bits though, like the start of the leadership breakdown in the Saviours camp and that has now developed further, with both Simon and Dwight clearly wanting to go different ways but ultimately away from  Negan.

I feel this leadership breakdown is leading to better deliveries of characters. JDM's Negan, plays out so much better in the one-on-one type scenes rather than in the "all hail, kneel down" stuff. The scenario with Jadis is even more interesting and since her "supporters" have been eliminated, her character is better, stronger and more believable. Maybe I just prefer it when characters rise from nothing and become something better, I don't know but it's making for better viewing imo.

Georgie I genuinely don't think is a "MkIII baddie", I see her more as a Deanna type, who had a vision to build a new community at Alexandria (which they duly did, then Rick's group came along and effectively ripped it apart). She pretty much achieved this but then the introduction of Rick's group to Alexandria, was the start of it's downfall. Rick's group well want a future, security and something to build on but clearly, they struggle with the concept of utopian peace and become restless. They're psychologically fucked in that sense (ie, the world has gone to shit and although they hope and want it to end, they can't get their heads arounds it being the constant of life anymore). So yeah Georgie; interesting development and nice for TWD to take a story arc to someplace else. All we've had is Negan vs TWD World for a season and a half (started well, looks to be ending well. Let's forget some of the stuff in between, namely S7B & S8A).

There's a few other things I want to see explored now (and as said, open up the TWD world even more);

Obviously Georgie's group/location which I'm sure we'll find out in due course.

Jadis' actions and development of character which would also include further secret of the Junkyard/Scrapheap.

Dwight & Simon's actions as i'm certain they'll want to go different ways (Dwight back to Rick and Simon on a one man mission to slaughter everything).

One really good one though, that no one else has mentioned yet...I really want to see if they explore this "Barrington House Museum" which we know is the Hilltop but what were the reasons the radio operator was trying to contact BHM/Hilltop? Was this way before, fairly recently? Was the "Bagged Walker" the Radio Op or was that someone else? Maybe the Radio Op lives at Hilltop now. Father Gabe and Doctor Carson were well on their way to potentially finding out. There was some comprehensive radio kit there and much further range than the Walkie Talkies that the current TWD groups have been using.

Morgan's TWD/FTWD crossover. Possibly could Georgie's group be a link between TWD's Georgia based world and FTWD's LA based world? It'll be interesting how that develops and I hope it's fairly seamless. Especially seeing as Lennie James is a great actor. He'll be back in TWD in some capacity, i'm sure of it. He's always largely been a cameo actor, so to speak in this (due to him being in pretty much high demand) and he has always returned. I'm looking forward to his transition though.

I'm really wanting to write a full review as promised but I've just felt the interest isn't quite back as it was before. I may well do but I've also been a bit busier than I expected lately. Still love rambling about this program and I really do do it more for you guys to bounce off ideas about the show and potential arcs, direction, story development. Really glad to see you enjoying it a bit again too Chubbs! It's getting better and I don't feel like this half of S8 is forcing a build up, it feels more organic in the sense and the character delivery seems better. I still want half a season filmed during treacherous winter. I want to see how characters deal with it, especially food supplies, whether the walkers go slightly more dormant or if they just act as their normal reanimated self. A few walkers with icicles hanging off them and more congealed blood would be awesome to see and I'm sure Greg Nicotero's fantastic prosthesis and SFX team could handle it just as good as they do the rest of the time.

So yeah TWD, bring on the Winter scenes. All in all the whole of S8B so far has been great and with the last two episodes gaining genuine pace and development.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 07:43:12 »

Ffs, Henry is just another Coral. I knew they would bring him back in some way,shape or form.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 07:59:27 »

Ffs, Henry is just another Coral. I knew they would bring him back in some way,shape or form.

yup. The dick.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 12:31:24 »

In all honesty this episode irritated me.

It started with a massive fire fight. Maggie, the master tactician flanking the saviours from all sides. Bullets flying everywhere. When all is done and the saviors retreat, did even one saviour perish? Its almost as it they left with more than they came with. I know the few in the pen escaped but still.....

Don't even get me started on Henry. Another kid, like Coral who thinks he's the big one with a gun then fucks up and leaves it to other to pick up the pieces. He is the new Coral and i hate him just as much.

Looking forward to this season finishing now.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 13:36:37 »

They also blundered in the gun fight - who was who? And my memory is goldfish like, was I supposed to care about those that bought it.

Overall though, I didn't hate it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 16:02:16 »

Didn't hate it. Started off with great potential in the build up to dupe the oncoming Saviours. Simon was ruthless but I'd say this was his tamest appearance and seemed a little Negan lite. Agreed "Master Henry" is a dick but he knows it wasn't Gavin that killed his bro Benjamin. What annoyed me more was, he had an AK-Whatever on his person and deemed it necessary to enter the PoW pen?!! His demands could have still been enforced from outside. Dick. Check!

I liked the individual Morgan scenes and that added suspense to the tactical build up. Gavin's eerily repetitive and rhetorical line of "You know what it is?!" did slightly grate towards the end but Morgan managed to carry it through. It's clear he still battles between being peacemaker and absolute savage melee warrior.

Whether the Carol/Tobin love interest was meant to pull at heartstrings was a failure and while it was sad to see him go in the sense of the show...that "ship" had long sailed. RIP Tobes!

As the battle/aftermath ensued it became more clear that this episode was lacking in depth, which the initial beginnings of it did quite well to convey. Shame.

The episode kind of just petered out, with Maggie (The Widow) realising that for all her effort (the combat itself was disastrous), she gained nothing but a few Saviours, lost a bunch of PoWs, and her main antagonist wasn't even present.

All in all, it reeked of a "middle season B" lull. The episode could have been great but it didn't really lead us anywhere or make us think. Unlike the "Georgie's Gang" episode, which gave us an arc towards something else.

Start good. Middle meh. End pfft. Hopefully next Monday should pick up. It needs to be on a par with S8:11&12 as a minimum.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:16:13 »

So what does Morgan know ??
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:39:03 »

So what does Morgan know ??

Probably that he should've killed Gavin and not dithered. He's clearly troubled though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 08:11:28 »

Another decent episode. Really enjoyed the Jadis/Morgan exchange. Morgan is pissed and i think we may see the end of Simon very soon.

Glad to see Rick's ruthlessness back again, where he played the saviors and stabbed them right in the back. Brutal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 08:15:42 »

Other than the murder (turn)coat killings and and the helicopter I found it utterly utterrly boring.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: