Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale match day thread  (Read 34457 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:10:06 »

Yeah, I accept that. He ran around a lot but didn't look strong enough for that role

Said to my mate it reminded me a lot of an early Louis Thompson performance

Reminds me (Rochdale link) of that Orrible little Perkins.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:12:32 »

I do remember Georgaklis being mentioned. It was a bit of a 'thing' at the time as it was in the Aussie news as well. It was about the same time that Luongo was emerging as the 'darling' of Australia. His move was well publicised, particularly for a youngster. He was touted as the next Luongo, whom was still here at the time.

To say it wasn't communicated is just plain false but ho-hum, it's another stick to hit Power with.

Maybe I'm wrong but I dont remember it - it's not about using it as a stick to hit Power with it's truth regardless communication has been poor, maybe with ASD now in the press officer hotseat we may see a bit more, but he will only be allowed to report what he is allowed to
Flashheart

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:16:21 »

People not remembering something does not mean it didn't happen.

Granted, I didn't recognise the lad's name at first but once I was reminded of who he was by the comms, then it all fell into place. It was well covered at the time. Not only here but also in Oz. Do people expect constant updates on all youngsters? I can't remember when that has happened under any of our previous owners.
Flashheart

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:18:58 »

Was there even anything much about the Thompson brothers before they broke into the 1st team?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:23:34 »

I used to think Nathan was dogshit actually. Then in that 12/13 season he was different class.
Flashheart

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:25:38 »

I used to think Nathan was dogshit actually. Then in that 12/13 season he was different class.

Which one was it that continued playing in a game with a fractured leg?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:47:09 »

I do remember Georgaklis being mentioned. It was a bit of a 'thing' at the time as it was in the Aussie news as well. It was about the same time that Luongo was emerging as the 'darling' of Australia. His move was well publicised, particularly for a youngster. He was touted as the next Luongo, whom was still here at the time.

To say it wasn't communicated is just plain false but ho-hum, it's another stick to hit Power with.

But you do seem to spend every waking hour on the internet don't you Mr F.

I can't say that I remember, but I have an appalling memory.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:51:01 »

I really should be spending more time in the pub, not doing so is bad for my health.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:52:46 »

A couple of people vaguely remembering something doesn't constitute a good marketing campaign. I'm normally well up on STFC related stuff, but that's the first i'd heard. No one is beating anyone with a stick, just saying it was muted at best and nothing since he signed until that over almost 18 months.
So we signed some young lad for his potential 18 months ago, and in that time he's featured once, as an unused sub, last night. And the club should have been running a marketing campaign around him? Am I missing something here?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:06:02 »

Just looked at the extended highlights and the one that caught my eye was Iandolo - a little lightweight but plenty of pace and energy, moving the ball fast round the edge of their box. Don't know how that reflected his overall contribution, but it would be nice if the injection of youthful commitment and enthusiasm in the last couple of games shook us out of our rut. Would provide a nice little jolt to wake up the dormant Kasim too.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:27:07 »

So we signed some young lad for his potential 18 months ago, and in that time he's featured once, as an unused sub, last night. And the club should have been running a marketing campaign around him? Am I missing something here?

Yes context.. As i clearly upped the ante from a line in the programme.., Usually you (or I ) hear bits and bobs, to me and others he seemed to come out of nowhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:27:27 »

impossible to see from this but was convinced vigs touched the pen onto the bar last night.

also I'd be pissed off at the sending off if i were a Rochdale fan, but I'm not so hahaha. rules are rules, not much different from vigs at the scum

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:30:42 »

on one hand he's got a point, on the other -  deal with it bitch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37703299?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:38:09 »

Yes context.. As i clearly upped the ante from a line in the programme.., Usually you (or I ) hear bits and bobs, to me and others he seemed to come out of nowhere.
Dunno, maybe you're more familiar with all the promising young prospects in the youth team, but to me I don't expect to necessarily have heard of all the young lads being pushed through to the fringes of the first team squad. Just pleased that they are. Seems to me this is a lad who's been brought in to develop, presumably is doing so if he's now pushing at the fringes of the first team squad and so all going to plan. Really don't see what the probem is.

If the club had made a massive song and dance when they signed him, or done a "One to watch" style feature in the programme last season and then he hadn't developed as hoped/expected, people would be complaining "What ever happened to that Aussie lad then?". Plus, not all young players deal with that kind of exposure well - some thrive on the recognition, others feel the pressure of expectation.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:45:35 »

impossible to see from this but was convinced vigs touched the pen onto the bar last night.

also I'd be pissed off at the sending off if i were a Rochdale fan, but I'm not so hahaha. rules are rules, not much different from vigs at the scum

Was their bloke sent off for a second yellow?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: