Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale match day thread  (Read 34019 times)
chalkies_shorts

« on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 06:17:23 »

Don't think I've ever started one of these so here goes.
Rochdale are a team I admire a bit. They've got a manager who I would be very happy with if he rocked up at the CG. Given their resources they are overachieving. They are normally organised, play good football and know when to kick their opponents and tactically astute - remember they were the first team to let Fods up to the half way line. In essence pretty much everything we are not.
Apart from a Gladwin inspired visit to Spotland they do seem to have the beating of us recently having been unable to do so for over 100 years.
As for us.......well, its bad at the moment. Will it continue, probably for another few days at least. The only hope I can see given Rochdale's form is the football gods doing us a favour because our players and coaching staff appear unable to do so.
I expect a 4-1 defeat in front of a 5862 with 117 whippet lovers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 06:53:44 »

Worth a try!

I'm going for a 2-1 defeat tonight with an encouraging performance and 6347.5 fans. For some reason I can't put my finger on I'm kind of looking forward to the match, not felt like that most of the season - I'll give it until 7:50 before it wears off Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 07:16:00 »

Thing we'll get a draw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 07:17:53 »

1-2 defeat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 07:37:47 »

2-0 win!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 07:51:38 »

Another solid 0-0
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:11:37 »

we wont score
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:14:43 »

the prospect of losing at home to Rochdale is a pretty depressing thought but I can`t see it any other way except possibly a draw but again I don`t see where our goals are coming from this season so this could be 0-0 best case or 0-2 at least....not normally so pessimistic at this stage of the season so am up for a surprise win - please

Bathtime
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:20:50 »

1-0 Murray.
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:31:47 »

1-0 win as the the dull but effective revolution gathers pace and all the moaners can start moaning about something else.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:33:05 »

Rochdale are a team I admire a bit. They've got a manager who I would be very happy with if he rocked up at the CG. Given their resources they are overachieving. They are normally organised, play good football and know when to kick their opponents and tactically astute - remember they were the first team to let Fods up to the half way line. In essence pretty much everything we are not.
Apart from a Gladwin inspired visit to Spotland they do seem to have the beating of us recently having been unable to do so for over 100 years.
As for us.......well, its bad at the moment. Will it continue, probably for another few days at least. The only hope I can see given Rochdale's form is the football gods doing us a favour because our players and coaching staff appear unable to do so.
I expect a 4-1 defeat in front of a 5862 with 117 whippet lovers.

I've a lot of time for Keith Hill and the Dale. Yes, just the sort of boss we need. 

There's been a lot of problems for the good people of Rochdale to contend with in recent times...a crying shame for the place that gave us The Co-Op, Gracie Fields and Lisa Stansfield, so if the club can do something to bring a bit of community back, all well and good.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:49:36 »

0-0

Can't wait!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:53:00 »

I've got to put some butter on the cat's boil so am unable to attend.

The sort of game everyone expects to lose. I've bet on us losing 3 times this season and we've fucked that up 3 times, so I'll have a sneaky bet on Dale to work the magic again!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 09:06:22 »

One year on (almost to the day) and I fear we will repeat the 'achievement' of a fifth straight home league defeat:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/MatchSequence.asp?StartYear=2015&StartMonth=8&StartDay=29&EndYear=2015&EndMonth=10&EndDay=20

Sad
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 10:20:48 »

5-0 rochdale williams out power out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: