Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glovers v Town  (Read 21299 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:18:12 »

I don't think there was much "fun", just the usual all round incompetence, aided by the (repeat) negative impact of making mass substitutions and immediately conceding a goal.

Of course, it could all be part of a 'cunning plan' to lull Coventry into a false sense of security, but then again......

I've reached the point where humour is the only response....
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:24:15 »

the injury is more concerning , hope it's a precautionary substitution.

the first month I'll write off, then we will get some loans in and see. it may be the way we do things, even have to do things, but it's incredibly frustrating.

There is no excuse for the state of the squad we currently have. Either we have been targeting players we can't get/afford and have lost out to other clubs, in which case why have we been wasting our time looking above our station? Or we can't find the players that fit our system. Pre season has largely been wasted again because we are missing what most of us consider is 4/5 players and thats with low expectations, pre power i would have said we need more than that! The first month as you say will be a waste. How can any club with aspirations of progression write off 1/9th of the season and expect to compete? Its really just pathetic from the club on every level.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:25:55 »

I've reached the point where humour is the only response....

Then you'll love our new training facility at Highworth:

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:33:11 »

In Williams interview on tin-pot local radio he said Nathan's sub was precautionary after getting a stud in his Achilles. Rodgers has a dead leg and Branco does have a tear - albeit a small one that they will try to manage. I missed why Thomas is injured but he expects him and Rodgers to be fit for Cov.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:39:05 »

Bet365 have us 5th favs to go down at 5/2. I'm going to go all Reg and might be having a few quid on that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 14:49:41 »

There is no excuse for the state of the squad we currently have. Either we have been targeting players we can't get/afford and have lost out to other clubs, in which case why have we been wasting our time looking above our station? Or we can't find the players that fit our system. Pre season has largely been wasted again because we are missing what most of us consider is 4/5 players and thats with low expectations, pre power i would have said we need more than that! The first month as you say will be a waste. How can any club with aspirations of progression write off 1/9th of the season and expect to compete? Its really just pathetic from the club on every level.

I'm normally pretty sanguine about our late dealings, but I'll admit that undercooking pre-season again is a concern, particularly since there were question-marks over our fitness levels last year. Are we still paying back Power? Has he used up his best contacts? Is his model running out of steam?

We'll need some good luck and good judgment to get out of the current cycle of declining ST sales, lower budgets, less transfer income. Maybe the new training ground will eventually provide that catalyst...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:23:46 »

Supporting this club is not fun anymore is it?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:28:09 »

In Williams interview on tin-pot local radio he said Nathan's sub was precautionary after getting a stud in his Achilles. Rodgers has a dead leg and Branco does have a tear - albeit a small one that they will try to manage. I missed why Thomas is injured but he expects him and Rodgers to be fit for Cov.
did he get asked about transfers at all.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:31:28 »

Yeovil look a very ordinary side but still deserved the win. Obika's goal was well taken after a fine move from Iandolo and Boo but other than that we didnt threaten much.

Goddard looks a good signing but we're heavily reliant on the spine of Thompson, Kasim, and Obika. If any one of those is out, we're in big trouble.

Half a dozen more signings needed IMO and most of them need to be first choice players not squad fillers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:31:41 »

Sadly not. We have stagnated since the departure of key players and the formula no longer works.

But it's where we are and we are a few key signings/lucky gambles away from being where we were a couple of years ago which is why I don't think the outright negativity is warranted.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:31:47 »

Totally agree with this post. Our preparation and transfer policy is an absolute shambles. Even if new players are signed next week (don't hold your breath) we are over a month behind everyone else with the bedding in process.

All this after Power promised we would done our business early.

The silence com the trust is deafening- a few years ago they would have been all over this situation.

Rumour ST sales only 2900 down from 4300 last year- this decline is not sustainable.

Biggest worry about Power for me is that he has advised he is not interested in taking another investor on board- what does he not want them to see?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:33:29 »

its about time power knows how us fans feel about him and what hes doing to the club saving money and and keeping us in the black are one thing but not reinvesting back into the squad is another.this is why so many fans are staying away and are so unhappy with powers ambitions for the season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:34:38 »

Good to see Bart is back on form
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:38:06 »

:

no it isnt feeling very larfargic and angry. Bad Mood
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 15:38:10 »

did he get asked about transfers at all.

Hodgetts asked. Williams uhm'd and ah'd. Says he talks daily with Power so no one knows what those talks are about. Power is a shrewd businessman and has found diamonds before. Certainly didn't say he was expecting anything soon.

Pretty much as you were. He's on a hiding to nothing being left so bereft of players.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: