Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glovers v Town  (Read 20853 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 21:01:43 »

yes, I get that. my point was he isn't a one up front striker  and was obviously denied opportunity last year by Ajose.

so why not play him and obika together for a bit, see how it goes. you can use youth team players to provide 'rest'.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 21:05:54 »

yes, I get that. my point was he isn't a one up front striker  and was obviously denied opportunity last year by Ajose.

so why not play him and obika together for a bit, see how it goes. you can use youth team players to provide 'rest'.

I completely agree. Have they not played together at all up front in pre season?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 21:12:51 »

didn't think so, may have missed it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 21:42:46 »

I don't give a fuck about friendlies or the results gained or lost.

I do give a fuck about the squad constructed for the league campaign ahead.

We are one week...seven days away from the big kick off and Stevie Wonder can see we are fucked.

Due to holidays etc my first game will be Gas at home...no ST this season so no worries ref pissibg money away but if we have three points on the board by that time I will be well happy.

Let's get some players in for fucks sake!!! 😭

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 00:44:40 »

Hylton isn't a striker is my point. Don't want to be too hard on the fella, but he needs a 500% improvement quickly unless he wants to take stuff to the van so the van driver can drive stuff.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 05:07:07 »

I remember Hytlon being a player Cooper wanted as opposed to Power. His development hasn't kicked on at all and he is just not good enough to be in the team/squad. Young has looked better than him IMO.

One up front is not a problem if played correctly. Ie either 433 or 4231 where you have either 2 or 3 very attacking players behind him. However playing 5 at the back, where your two wing backs are more defenders than attackers, and only one up top is just not going to work. I don't believe this is how we want to play its just been because we have had to in pre season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 08:02:14 »

I also agree that one up top is shit..

You are possibly doing it wrong then, always found it to be OK? Wink
Panda Paws

« Reply #97 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 09:14:49 »

Sound familiar, from Franchise fan

'Lost 4:1 at Stevenage.

Our fans will read too much into it, but we are ridiculously short on numbers right now (and had two more withdraw today). I'd be pretty sure they went out with a safety first attitude this close to the season.

The cavalry should arrive this next week or two....'

And this from Gills fan

'Match abandoned at Orient due to Martin's suspected broken leg, while losing 2-0. So that's 5 players injured while losing to both the league 2 sides we played and left with only 4 fit defenders. All in all a pretty successful preseason.'

Cov can't field a squad of 18. Oldham had 7 senior players a week ago. Port Vale have signed a dozen obscure foreigners.

We by no means extraordinary at the moment.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 09:21:21 »

Cheesy

That's one good thing about the weather getting worse. A couple of days ago a man in shorts bent over and I saw things no innocent young lady should ever have to see.

Luckily, it was you, and not someone innocent.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 09:38:30 »

Quote from: suttonred

Hylton isn't a striker is my point. Don't want to be too hard on the fella, but he needs a 500% improvement quickly unless he wants to take stuff to the van so the van driver can drive stuff.
yes I haven't seen anything to suggest he's not a kaid mohammed, but I still think he should have been given a fair go in pre season.

presumably they've seen enough behind closed doors by now to give up on that.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 13:55:31 »

From a recent Adver article:

"This is now The Robins’ fourth consecutive defeat in pre-season, with Reading, Woking and Swansea all defeating Williams’ men in the build up to Saturday’s League One curtain-raiser at the County Ground against Coventry City.

“There are a few young players there that had a good run in the team for a long period and maybe started to tire a little bit and found things a bit difficult against a very good side, a team that was obviously well drilled, a team that was a challenge physically for us,” Williams told BBC Wiltshire.

“I thought periods of the game were very pleasing, there were a few moments where we switched off a little bit and caused our own problems, but overall it was a good run out, it was a part of the pre-season programme so I’m happy overall.
[/b]

So there we have it. It's all good.    Pint
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 14:04:21 »

West Ham offer 20 mil for Ayew, it was an absolute disgrace we allowed such utter dross to score against us...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 14:05:55 »

See Swansea dismantled Wolves away yesterday, too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: