Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glovers v Town  (Read 20830 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 17:44:51 »

Sound familiar, from Franchise fan

'Lost 4:1 at Stevenage.

Our fans will read too much into it, but we are ridiculously short on numbers right now (and had two more withdraw today). I'd be pretty sure they went out with a safety first attitude this close to the season.

The cavalry should arrive this next week or two....'

And this from Gills fan

'Match abandoned at Orient due to Martin's suspected broken leg, while losing 2-0. So that's 5 players injured while losing to both the league 2 sides we played and left with only 4 fit defenders. All in all a pretty successful preseason.'

Not sure about the pikeys, but Franchise have a very decent first 11 for this level and will be well up there.

As for STFC...plenty of our fans have cried out for sustainability for a long time and I thought the 'at least we have a club' brigade would welcome the current mediocrity - I am pleasantly surprised that this is not the case and concerns are quite rightly being raised.

I think the scum showing real intent to mount a challenge and the very real prospect of the pecking order being adjusted after so many years has been a wake up call to many.

Our defence has been further weakened with the loss of Turnbull and we haven't replaced our top scorer. Add in to the mix the inevitable departure of one of Kasim or Obika before the end of August and the odds quoted above look quite tasty.

I will be watching on with much interest to see what Power can pull out of the bag before the end of the month.  Hmmm
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 18:33:28 »

I will be watching on with much interest to see what Power can pull out of the bag before the end of the month.  Hmmm

Stop keeping us in suspense - can't you just tell us? Think of newmarket's heart will you.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 18:53:07 »

Stop keeping us in suspense - can't you just tell us? Think of newmarket's heart will you.
Clap
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 18:57:10 »

Tunbull was total shite last season.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:04:12 »

Grin
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:21:07 »

Tunbull was total shite last season.

Yeah, but season before that he was our player of the year.

I reckon we'll get Turnbull and Stephens on 2 year deals plus 3 others this week.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:28:02 »

I reckon we'll get Turnbull and Stephens on 2 year deals plus 3 others this week.

If any of that was likely to happen, don't you think Chang would have told us...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:29:18 »

I'm more concerned by this

Bollocks been out walking

Still don't give a fuck about friendlies.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:44:02 »

Not sure how he got it though. Hes got something about him but a Vincent type alongside him would help.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 20:36:35 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:54:57 »

oh, and I still think one up front is wank. hopefully it's a needs must scenario rather then the golden one reverting to it long term.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 19:59:13 »

I'm more concerned by this

Still don't give a fuck about friendlies.

Probably should have put in some punctuation, but I didn't leave them at home, and they were happily covered up at all times. If I had exhibitionist tendencies I'd go on one of those nude dating shows...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 20:45:06 »

oh, and I still think one up front is wank. hopefully it's a needs must scenario rather then the golden one reverting to it long term.

We're playing 1 up as we only have 1 striker.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 20:47:41 »

Cheesy

That's one good thing about the weather getting worse. A couple of days ago a man in shorts bent over and I saw things no innocent young lady should ever have to see.

I also agree that one up top is shit.. Especially when it's Beaks, who seems made to hold the ball up for someone else. But never the less, I take nothing from friendlies. My friend's an Exeter fan and they've won 7/7 - stuffed bRovers and Cardiff (and Troy got injured, weirdly!)

Will they win L2? I'd be very surprised.

I'll accept concerns about the thinness of our squad, but that would be the case regardless of whether we won every pre season game or lost them all.

I'm still excited for Saturday.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 20:49:45 »

Quote from: suttonred
then what's the point of hylton?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 20:56:29 »

then what's the point of hylton?

Wasn't the point of Hylton to get him from Non-league where he showed lots of potential, train/coach him at Swindon and then profit and/or sell him if he came good? That's the Power model, and he obviously wasn't good enough last season. But perhaps he is now (as far as Williams/Power are concerned)

I'm certainly not going to judge him on friendlies.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: