Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71418 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:00:19 »

A poll of how many?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:08:38 »

I honestly see no reason for Corbyn to resign, mainly because this should have nothing to do with party politics (Libs and SNP apart) unless membership was a basic principle of membership of that party.  If anything, I'm surprised he didn't campaign for Leave.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:15:00 »

I honestly see no reason for Corbyn to resign, mainly because this should have nothing to do with party politics (Libs and SNP apart) unless membership was a basic principle of membership of that party.  If anything, I'm surprised he didn't campaign for Leave.

Don't think he'll have much choice in the matter, ultimately.
But yes, for something as important as this personal principles should come before party politics.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:15:49 »

I honestly see no reason for Corbyn to resign, mainly because this should have nothing to do with party politics (Libs and SNP apart) unless membership was a basic principle of membership of that party.  If anything, I'm surprised he didn't campaign for Leave.

He's always been anti EU as long as I've known of him, problem for me is he changed his principles to remain in his high seat, or so he thought. His integrity is compromised.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:17:26 »

Well seeing as the city types will be out of work I'd suggest they make themselves useful Wink

Smiley
There would have to be a bonus scheme in place first though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:01:38 »

If they win the election there will be a democratic mandate for a party that is anti leave - then what.

I don't quite see how that would happen, the referendum was such a black & white vote that anyone seeking to claim a mandate for reversing it via a general election would have had to turn their election manifesto into such a binary, single issue campaign as to render them unelectable.

« Last Edit: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:03:59 by Pax Romana » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:05:11 »

Well seeing as the city types will be out of work I'd suggest they make themselves useful Wink

Not sure any city types will be out of work, the UK banks are essentially protected now and in the international market uncertainty and volatile trading and currency markets is a delightful way for them to make money, and if it all gets too much the banks will just relocate to Frankfurt?

It will be the plebs who are out of work?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:08:21 »

I don't quite see how that would happen, the referendum was such a black & white vote that anyone seeking to claim a mandate for reversing it via a general election would have had to turn their election manifesto into such a binary, single issue campaign as to render them unelectable.

Apart from the 48% who voted remain? That's considerably more than the Tories got to win the last election (on a higher turn out), if a new centralist party got its act together, mobilised the pissed off remainers to make sure they vote and the potential financial shivers continue between now and an election who knows - its all entirely hypothetical but (IMHO) an interesting theory.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:20:20 »

The lib dems are on a recruitment drive doing that very thing! Appealing to pissed off remain people whilst they are still pissed off is a fairly decent plan.

Won't help them much though I don't think.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:24:13 »

The lib dems are on a recruitment drive doing that very thing! Appealing to pissed off remain people whilst they are still pissed off is a fairly decent plan.

Won't help them much though I don't think.

A lot is going to depend on what the remain Tories are going to do, not sure how many backed remain and how many leave? If there is a centrist Tory, Lib Dems, 'new' labour home in the offing may shake things up a little.
Barry Scott

« Reply #265 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:37:27 »

I don't actually understand why we held a referendum. I know it was a "promise", but of all the promises the scum keep, normally zero, why was this one actually kept?

Hopefully I've explained it a bit. It was too sweeping and I'm sorry for that (so shame on me) - I think there are a lot of very genuine reasons why people have voted the way they have and their votes have to be respected. The worst thing that could happen now is for parliament to try to resist/bend the result. It is what it is. However, I think a lot of people are going to be quite horrified at the consequences of what they've voted for - we'll be hearing a lot of "I didn't vote for that" in coming weeks/months. Well, yes actually you did, and the fault for that lies with the politicians of all sides and the media who have run a disgraceful campaign based on lies, fears and prejudice rather than actually trying to inform people what the possible consequences were

Thanks for the reply.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:44:39 »

I don't actually understand why we held a referendum. I know it was a "promise", but of all the promises the scum keep, normally zero, why was this one actually kept?

Cameron thought he'd win it. He didn't think the plebs would vote for an economic recession and the break up of the UK. Major misjudgement.

JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 15:02:50 »

Still in shock, didn't think thick people liked voting Fishing.. The peasants are indeed revolting. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 15:41:03 »

I'm not bitter or angry that the Leave vote won. I'm disappointed that people have chosen to leave the EU for the reasons that they have instead but to each their own. I don't believe in the EU but I do think we're better off remaining for the moment rather than leave due to a poorly considered campaign/Tory fight.

I'm also concerned about how it will impact on not only my wife but the Czech, Greek, Italian, Spanish colleagues I have.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:19:26 »

I'm not sure how this vote helps the working and under class though?  Scotland will leave the Union and the remaining UK will overwhelmingly vote Right wing at general elections giving the Conservative party a bigger majority most of the time.

That logic was why I wanted Remain to win. In time, surely UKIP will cease too and join the Conservatives. I can only see a long-term future of Tory rule. But a more right wing version of what we have now.

Not likely to help the interests of the poor.

Anyone think it will play out differently?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: