Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71412 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 07:05:13 »

Don't be silly adje
Absolutely - If you are worried about unsustainable, uncontrolled levels of immigration you are a 'hate filled bile spitting racist' as has been described on here previously or, put more mildly, 'afraid of living next door to a foreigner'.

Jesus wept, give me a break. Can we just grow up?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 07:07:02 »

Is this bad news?

I'm confused. Seriously. I don't understand if it is good or bad.
Well, it's not as bad some people would have you believe. Day to day, nothing will change short term. England will still go out on pens to Iceland  Wink
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 07:22:16 »

My parents and their ilk prospered under the EU, and have property and a pension... and have voted to help deprive me of that same opportunity. Cheers.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 07:35:40 »

I'm ashamed and embarrassed that the likes of Farage are the face of Britain to the world this morning.

I hope however that there is no serious campaign to overturn/avoid/undermine this decision.  Like it or not (that's a "not" for me) this was a decisive vote to leave.  The whole world told us we'd be mad to vote for it but we still did by a small but clear majority.  Any attempt to do anything other than implement it would be appalling and would add to the chaos and uncertainty.  We simply have to make this work as best we can.

It is ironic that the people who voted to leave will probably, on average, be more adversely impacted than the people who voted to remain but that's democracy.  Sometimes it sucks but consider the alternative.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:09:46 »

My parents and their ilk prospered under the EU, and have property and a pension... and have voted to help deprive me of that same opportunity. Cheers.

Who's to say that wouldn't have happened if we never entered the common market? Nobody knows for sure. I remember the economic hardship of the late 70's through the 80's. We were in the common market during that period.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:18:26 »

Cameron is a fucking fool for offering up this referendum to try and placate his own party. The likes of Farage will have grown with this result, and I'm ashamed by the choices taken by this country. I truly hope my gut feeling is wrong and we've not just fucked ourselves over for years to come.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #201 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:30:42 »

Cameron is a fucking fool for offering up this referendum to try and placate his own party. The likes of Farage will have grown with this result, and I'm ashamed by the choices taken by this country. I truly hope my gut feeling is wrong and we've not just fucked ourselves over for years to come.
Exactly my feelings, I am utterly ashamed that Farage is the face of Britain today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:42:41 »

I'm ashamed and embarrassed that the likes of Farage are the face of Britain to the world this morning.

I hope however that there is no serious campaign to overturn/avoid/undermine this decision.  Like it or not (that's a "not" for me) this was a decisive vote to leave.  The whole world told us we'd be mad to vote for it but we still did by a small but clear majority.  Any attempt to do anything other than implement it would be appalling and would add to the chaos and uncertainty.  We simply have to make this work as best we can.

It is ironic that the people who voted to leave will probably, on average, be more adversely impacted than the people who voted to remain but that's democracy.  Sometimes it sucks but consider the alternative.

I agree with what you are saying, but what about this scenario....

Economy continues to be shit for next 6-9 months, unemployment rises, recession bites etc etc.
In the meantime the centre of the Tories the rump of New Labour and the Lib Dems get their shit together and start to promote a pro EU manifesto.
Equally the UKIP/Right Tories have no mandate to bring in all their changes Boris et al was suggesting would happen (none of this was in the manifesto people voted for 12 months ago), they are already trying to wriggle out of the 350m for the NHS - therefore they will need an election or alternatively are there enough vote remain MP's in parliament to push a vote of no confidence...

So we have an election, the 48% who voted remain vote for this party, those on the right who have lost their jobs, pensions etc of realise they have been duped vote for this party, Labour supporters who have seen their workers right pissed around with vote.

If they win the election there will be a democratic mandate for a party that is anti leave - then what.

All very hypothetical apart from the bit about centre Tories which I have been told by someone with contacts in the party, god knows what's going to happen!

Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #203 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:46:36 »

Your Parents were probably promised a lot by the EU that was not delivered as well.
Barry Scott

« Reply #204 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 09:26:05 »

Seems to be rather a lot of doom on here (and from friends) about everything going down the pan being a fact. I know what I'm saying is essentially as bad as what they're saying, but no one actually knows, for a fact, what is going to happen.

My gut does say this result is shit, but I actually don't really give a toss* and I'm interested to see what happens.

Life goes on and I'm not sure how maintaining the status quo was somehow going to improve the lives of those at the bottom anyway, because the gap betwen the top and bottom was only growing. Maybe this might be good, who knows?

I'm certainly grateful I'm no longer on social media, as I suspect there's a lot of fact filled anger and sharing today.

*Apart form the fact I'm going on Holiday tomorrow and didn't think to change currency yet.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 09:51:48 »

At least my council voted to remain I suppose. Silver lining.

72% remain in Wansworth.

Doesn't mean much however Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 09:55:15 »

Don't be silly adje

Not at all i would say 90% of the people that i know who voted leave said immigration was the sole reason

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 09:59:35 »

Absolutely - If you are worried about unsustainable, uncontrolled levels of immigration you are a 'hate filled bile spitting racist' as has been described on here previously or, put more mildly, 'afraid of living next door to a foreigner'.

Jesus wept, give me a break. Can we just grow up?
i prefer my mild version but do you seriously think we were heading for "uncontrolled unsustainable levels of immigration" had we stayed in? A brexit myth in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 10:00:29 »

I was seeing on the news this morning that some Welsh areas that gain massively from the EU voted to leave. Not sure why they would cut off their noses to spite their faces.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 10:01:05 »

72% remain in Wansworth.

Doesn't mean much however Sad
WANDSWORTH MASSIF
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: