Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103412 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 21:38:14 »

I said "it would have annoyed me if it was England" ..

I know you did.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 22:01:28 »

I know you did.

Sorry, I'm just a bit sensitive to people assuming I'm just begrudging Wales something because round here it's all I hear - "oh you're just jealous" etc. As if it's not possible to find it generally loathsome.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 22:05:48 »

Mark Cooper has just come on the radio.

'Well, Germany dominated, had all the play, were the better team and can consider themselves unlucky!'.

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 22:06:56 »

'Well, Germany dominated, had all the play, were the better team and can consider themselves unlucky!'.

They were young and inexperienced. And certain staff members weren't pulling in the same direction.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 22:26:11 »

Dirty cunt.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 06:49:45 »

Been offered £100 cash out on my free bet for France Win and Greizemann top scorer. Would you take it? If it comes in it's £180.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 06:51:01 »

Quote from: THE FLASH

still, world cup qualification is coming up and they go again..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 07:25:01 »

Been offered £100 cash out on my free bet for France Win and Greizemann top scorer. Would you take it? If it comes in it's £180.

If you accept that Griezmann will golden boot it (1/500), then if you bet £100 on France to win today you'd take about £145 back at 4/9.  £180 looks better.

I reckon home crowd, homer ref  Wink and past performance indicate Fra. are the likelier winners

You could hedge by putting £2 on Ronaldo (50/1) and £1 on Giroud (100/1)

Caveat:  A classy Portugal lost their home Euro Final to a limited Greece some years back!

« Last Edit: Friday, July 8, 2016, 07:28:14 by RedRag » Logged
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 07:28:51 »

Who do I dislike the most in the final Hmmm

Fuck it, Allez Francais Beers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 08:54:06 »

I reckon home crowd, homer ref  Wink

Clattenberg has got the gig.....France have a lot of Prem players, so he'll probably be looking after them.

Low and Hummels are moaning that the extended tournament induces mediocrity.

I'm a bit ambivalent on this, it was my thought at the outset, and Portugal getting to the final, kind of confirms it, however the relative success of the likes of Wales, Iceland has to be a good thing.

As always, a few players have enhanced their reputations or at least maintained them, and in England's case, taken several steps backwards.

My biggest disappointment was seeing Italy go out, I loved watching the Azurri rearguard of Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, in front of Buffon. Watching the shootout after a few beers in a busy pub with the sound down, I lost count and thought Italy had won, due to the giddy excitement of seeing Huns miss pens.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 8, 2016, 09:03:35 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 08:59:35 »

FGR lost 4-0 to Evesham in a friendly!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 09:12:34 »

Sorry, I'm just a bit sensitive to people assuming I'm just begrudging Wales something because round here it's all I hear - "oh you're just jealous" etc. As if it's not possible to find it generally loathsome.

I totally get it Ells, I used to live in Scotland and they also suffer from small country syndrome.

I remember during the World Cup in 2002 (I think it was) when we were playing Argentina, I was the only English person in a packed pub full of Scots wearing their Argentina shirts, you could have heard a pin drop when Beckham slammed home his penalty Smiley

Another time in 2001 Scotland had drawn or lost a qualifying game and I was taking a piss and some drunken jock says to me, 'ah well, at least we get to see England getting thrashed now'. I mumble yeah and fake a laugh etc. 2 hours later Germany 1 England 5! haha! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 12:23:03 »

Clattenberg has got the gig.....France have a lot of Prem players, so he'll probably be looking after them.

Low and Hummels are moaning that the extended tournament induces mediocrity.

I'm a bit ambivalent on this, it was my thought at the outset, and Portugal getting to the final, kind of confirms it, however the relative success of the likes of Wales, Iceland has to be a good thing.

As always, a few players have enhanced their reputations or at least maintained them, and in England's case, taken several steps backwards.

My biggest disappointment was seeing Italy go out, I loved watching the Azurri rearguard of Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, in front of Buffon. Watching the shootout after a few beers in a busy pub with the sound down, I lost count and thought Italy had won, due to the giddy excitement of seeing Huns miss pens.

France have looked half-decent wouldn't you say Reg? Not a hat any of them would cut it in Wiltshire, mind.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #703 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 12:38:28 »

I would let Chiellini wear a Town shirt.
Overall the quality in this tournament has been poor. In fact I can't remember a worse quality Euros.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 13:13:57 »

France have looked half-decent wouldn't you say Reg? Not a hat any of them would cut it in Wiltshire, mind.
Pogba has been a bit of a disappointment, obviously he's still young but had hoped to see more from him.

Umtiti looks good and has a superb name though
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: