Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103436 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:19:34 »

A very poor semi final devoid of quality. If that was England we would be rightly slating that performance. Yes wales  did well to reach the semis but very much off the back of only  2 good  performances vs russia and belgium. They were found wanting without Ramsey and an extremely average Portugal team are in the final where hopefully they will get well beaten by France or Germany - please not the latter! A big chance missed by wales - I don't think they will get another.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:25:47 »

Yes wales  did well to reach the semis but very much off the back of only  2 good  performances vs russia and belgium.
That's 2 more than we managed then. People in glass houses and all that ...
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:41:46 »

Wales can't hide behind the small nation concept.. After all a fair proportion of their players are English who chose wales because they didn't fancy their chances of getting in the england team. Both Portugal and Wales had one world class player and the rest are fairly average and Portugal showed slightly more creativity on the night. A missed opportunity.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:52:15 »

That's 2 more than we managed then. People in glass houses and all that ...

We played very well against both Russia and Wales? The last 2 games were shite however
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:56:25 »

We played very well against both Russia and Wales? The last 2 games were shite however
We played quite well in 2/3 of the pitch in each game. We never managed to put together an end-to-end solid, never mind good, performance.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 22:57:07 »

Agree not much difference between wales and englands performances overall. Just that we had our shit performance against a modest iceland team in the last 16 whilst wales had theirs against a modest portugal team in the last 4. All about expectations and ours are much higher. That may change in the future however as ours will be zero and Wales may be higher.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 07:10:20 »

Wales outperformed England overall.

Did you not see the Belgium game? We thoroughly deserved that win.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:01:51 »

Agree Wales were excellent against Belgium - with a helping hand from the ref - and overall exceeded their fans expectations and we didn't meet ours. Wales were however very poor against England and Portugal and in the end missed a  great chance to get to the final. Not saying they should be dissapointed overall but I don't personally think they are the all conquering heroes and we were utter rubbish for the whole tournament. Perspective is required, where media and fan pressure leading to fear of failure do play a part as does seemingly uninspiring leadership - Coleman v Hodgson being extremes at different ends. Being on Howe and Shearer!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #653 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:03:54 »

Agree Wales were excellent against Belgium - with a helping hand from the ref - and overall exceeded their fans expectations and we didn't meet ours. Wales were however very poor against England and Portugal and in the end missed a  great chance to get to the final. Not saying they should be dissapointed overall but I don't personally think they are the all conquering heroes and we were utter rubbish for the whole tournament. Perspective is required, where media and fan pressure leading to fear of failure do play a part as does seemingly uninspiring leadership - Coleman v Hodgson being extremes at different ends.
Thats how I see it too pretty much.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:16:31 »

I don't think the media was the reason why Kane, Rooney et al were shit.

That Iceland performance was poor. No-one can be blamed apart from the players and management.

England had no passion or commitment. Wales out performed expectations, and it was frustrating especially when Portugal were there. It makes me angry that Portugal got to the final - lucky lucky bastards. I suppose when you have players like Ronaldo you will always have a chance.

The same for wales, we have Bale and Ramsey. England have too many 'superstars'. Are they paid too much? Do they care about playing for their country? There certainly needs to be an inquest somewhere.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:18:35 »

Well done to Portugal....getting into a final after winning their first match in 90 minutes.

This third place qualifying place is shite.

I hope they get humped by the Frogs or the Hun. Please let the best team win.

Wales didn't do enough last night.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:22:32 »

That Iceland performance was poor. No-one can be blamed apart from the players and management.

England had no passion or commitment. Wales out performed expectations, and it was frustrating especially when Portugal were there. It makes me angry that Portugal got to the final - lucky lucky bastards. I suppose when you have players like Ronaldo you will always have a chance.

The same for wales, we have Bale and Ramsey. England have too many 'superstars'. Are they paid too much? Do they care about playing for their country? There certainly needs to be an inquest somewhere.

This paid too much stuff is bollocks.... Bale is not on 10 pence a week, The French and Germans are earning big money....it's a cheap shot (no pun intended).

Wrong tactics, reselecting shit performing players and no leadership was England's downfall.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:25:09 »

It was always going to happen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 08:56:51 »

Agree not much difference between wales and englands performances overall.
If you think that, then you're certainly not agreeing with me. Wales were far better overall, we occasionally touched the heights of mediocrity
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 09:14:54 »

England had no passion or commitment.
[/b]Wales out performed expectations, and it was frustrating especially when Portugal were there. It makes me angry that Portugal got to the final - lucky lucky bastards. I suppose when you have players like Ronaldo you will always have a chance.

Doh here we go again with the classic Welsh quote of the tournament. Yes England lost because they had no passion? Not that they just bottled it and couldn't handle the pressure. Wales were shit last night, does that mean they had no passion? I'd love to know the criteria and the effects on results.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: