Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103385 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 14:38:25 »

Those are exactly the excuses we used 30 years ago Dean.

Wink
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 14:39:56 »

Haha just winds me up. Every now and then it might not be the fault of England fans
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 14:44:01 »

Haha just winds me up. Every now and then it might not be the fault of England fans

I wasn't fucking saying it was the fault of the England fans, however unless you or I were there I suspect we will never know how it started or the intentions of those involved, equally how we can state as fact that those injured were innocent bystanders.

Whatever the outcome the Russians are considerably better at it than we are now and not a hint of Stone Island in sight....
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 14:56:12 »

I wasn't fucking saying it was the fault of the England fans, however unless you or I were there I suspect we will never know how it started or the intentions of those involved, equally how we can state as fact that those injured were innocent bystanders.

Whatever the outcome the Russians are considerably better at it than we are now and not a hint of Stone Island in sight....
I don't think you are getting it are you. We do know it as a fact based on the evidence that is widely available

1)There is a GoPro video(6 mins long) of Russians doing exactly what you say we will never know the answer to,they are hitting innocent bystanders.

2)There is video footage of local youths throwing flares and bottling pubs with England fans inside,granted the England fans ran out and retaliated which funnily enough is the image most papers decided to use at first.

3)The most imprtant point in my opinion is the French police have openly said that innocent England fans have been targeted all weekend
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 14:59:49 »

A statement from the Football Supporters Federation.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fsf-statement-attacks-on-english-fans-in-marseille-euro2016

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:02:25 »

Excellent article here by an Irish journo who was in Marseille on Friday: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ken-early-russians-go-to-war-with-an-english-myth-1.2682005

Lays out the nuances of the events, well worth a read.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:10:24 »

Excellent article here by an Irish journo who was in Marseille on Friday: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ken-early-russians-go-to-war-with-an-english-myth-1.2682005

Lays out the nuances of the events, well worth a read.

An interesting read
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:11:13 »

Have a ticket for the Russia v Slovakia game, so off to Lille tomorrow for the day.

Not looking forward to it.
Should have a couple of hours to have a wander in the city centre before the match, avoid the main square and the
main drag where the majority of bars are.
Hopefully find somewhere quiet for a couple of beers, get to the stadium, watch the game, then get the fuck out of there after the match and back to the station.

That's the plan anyway. Unsure

Used to live there and loved the place. Go into the Vieux Lille, a lovely area of little old restored brick and stone buildings and windy streets, and loads of good little bars. Jenlain is the local brew, but watch out for its potency! It's a short walk from the station, on the far side of the Grand' Place.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:17:29 »

Have a ticket for the Russia v Slovakia game, so off to Lille tomorrow for the day.

Not looking forward to it.
Should have a couple of hours to have a wander in the city centre before the match, avoid the main square and the
main drag where the majority of bars are.
Hopefully find somewhere quiet for a couple of beers, get to the stadium, watch the game, then get the fuck out of there after the match and back to the station.

That's the plan anyway. Unsure

Haven't they banned booze now, which will go down a treat with the French bar owners no doubt!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:23:27 »

Used to live there and loved the place. Go into the Vieux Lille, a lovely area of little old restored brick and stone buildings and windy streets, and loads of good little bars. Jenlain is the local brew, but watch out for its potency! It's a short walk from the station, on the far side of the Grand' Place.

Cheers.
Will give it a go. Been to Lille once before, it's much underrated I think.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:25:42 »

Haven't they banned booze now, which will go down a treat with the French bar owners no doubt!

Sounds more like restrictions than an outright ban.

"Alcohol will not be allowed to be sold in off-licences or supermarkets, and drinking in public areas will be barred. It will be served in bars, but all venues must shut at midnight and drinks must be sold in plastic containers." (From Sky Sports News).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:31:26 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36457219

Does Gerard Pique have the longest fingers in football
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 15:57:44 »

Is this guy serious or it is a poor attempt at fishing by Bale?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/gareth-bale-england-wales-euro-2016

The man needs to keep his mouth shut as I have a feeling this will come back and haunt him....hopefully quite badly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 16:01:57 »

Is this guy serious or it is a poor attempt at fishing by Bale?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/gareth-bale-england-wales-euro-2016

The man needs to keep his mouth shut as I have a feeling this will come back and haunt him....hopefully quite badly.

He's been saying stuff like that ever since they qualified. You can't blame him, I bet he's very proud. He's actually a nice lad is Garuff.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 16:04:50 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36457219

Does Gerard Pique have the longest fingers in football

Ask Shakira. Hips don't lie.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: