Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103719 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 13:57:43 »

Given their history, one of the more organised hooligan groups involved in the disturbances are the French CRS.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 15:10:54 »

Other nations have taken hooliganism to a level our pissed up fatties can't compete with over there. These mobs are not drunk singing all day. They are organised and teaching our lot a lesson. All ours do is throw bottles and chairs at coppers when almost paralytic from booze. No wonder they're getting battered left right and centre. Shame innocents are getting caught up in it but this is reaping what has been sown historically.

Also given that modern English hooliganism consists almost entirely of gesticulating and generally looking 'hard' in designer gear safely behind a row of police, I'd imagine the new breed of English "lads" have become rather unaccustomed to actual fighting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:02:44 »

Russian football official (and MP) praises the fighting "Well done lads keep it up ... the lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans". With goons like this running Russian football, no wonder they have a problem with racist hooligans. Anyone still fancy going to the next World Cup?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/moscow-football-official-to-violent-fans-well-done-lads-keep-it-up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:06:53 »

Also given that modern English hooliganism consists almost entirely of gesticulating and generally looking 'hard' in designer gear safely behind a row of police, I'd imagine the new breed of English "lads" have become rather unaccustomed to actual fighting.

There is a definite need for the good old British hooligan to up their game a little, work on their fitness and organisation, much like football we are being left behind my the continental game, at least if we stay in the EU we could possibly bring some of these European hooligans in to bolster ours and bring some much needed experience acting as an inspiration to those coming through the ranks!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:34:54 »

There is a definite need for the good old British hooligan to up their game a little, work on their fitness and organisation, much like football we are being left behind my the continental game, at least if we stay in the EU we could possibly bring some of these European hooligans in to bolster ours and bring some much needed experience acting as an inspiration to those coming through the ranks!

Something like 2000 of our top boys are banned from travel....weird isn't it, that all sorts of criminal riff raff and dodgy hate preachers can wander in and out, but a hoolie who just wants to get pissed up and lob a few plastic chairs...sorry no.

The ECHR would probably not touch it either.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:14:40 »

Other nations have taken hooliganism to a level our pissed up fatties can't compete with over there. These mobs are not drunk singing all day. They are organised and teaching our lot a lesson. All ours do is throw bottles and chairs at coppers when almost paralytic from booze. No wonder they're getting battered left right and centre. Shame innocents are getting caught up in it but this is reaping what has been sown historically.

What sort of idiot would want to spend all that money to travel abroad just to have a scrap, and not even have a beer and a sing song? Wierd.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:23:03 »

I think they might be having to learn quickly.

What sort of idiot would want to spend all that money to travel abroad just to have a scrap, and not even have a beer and a sing song? Wierd.
The sort that wear gum shields, matching clothes( no not stone island) and gloves for fighting. These guys are proper loons.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:42:01 »

I think they might be having to learn quickly.
 The sort that wear gum shields, matching clothes( no not stone island) and gloves for fighting. These guys are proper loons.
Don't forget the bum bags! Never mess with anyone wearing a bum bag.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:43:12 »

Was reading Le Monde today - as you do - and one of their articles http://www.lemonde.fr/euro-2016/article/2016/06/13/les-affrontements-de-marseille-racontes-par-alexei-le-hooligan_4949581_4524739.html includes a link in the opening paragraph to a Russian 'news' site containing some fairly horrendous NSFW footage.

They really can't let the Russians keep the 2018 World Cup, can they?
« Last Edit: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:46:37 by Private Fraser » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 18:54:30 »

Don't forget the bum bags! Never mess with anyone wearing a bum bag.

Or speedos
Flashheart

« Reply #100 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 21:01:29 »

http://news.sky.com/story/1711367/russian-mp-to-euro-hooligans-well-done-lads

As deplorable as they can be, one can't help but admire the Ruskies 'fuck you' attitude. In an odd sort of way.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 21:15:51 »

Italy very good tonight. Belgium not so. Lukaku very poor. Missed a very good chance. Should have scored.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 09:45:38 »

I thought Italy were not as good as many are making out. Think i am in the minority though
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 10:14:48 »

I thought Italy were not as good as many are making out. Think i am in the minority though

It was difficult to tell as Belgium were absolutely woeful (I am not convinced if the players had actually ever met each other, let alone trained together) as they just were 11 players playing on their own, probably not helped by the fact that Hazard seems to have reverted back to early season Hazard and not the one who got a little form at season end!)

Italy were very organised and strong defensively (so typical Italy).....
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 10:24:35 »

And quite cheaty / cynical.  In a tournament where the refs seem to have been told to not bother with yellow cards, to get 4 four of them is quite an achievement.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: